• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Bonnie

Comment by 'Bonnie' in 'What classifies severe m.e.'

Hi, thanks for asking. Yes the tube goes in nose, through stomache and into small bowel. Boy I feel so badly when I here of someone's child going through this. Sounds as though he is older now. Hope I 'm not too rude in asking of his current well being. I'm just really interested in finding...
  2. Bonnie

Comment by 'Bonnie' in 'Feeding tube'

Oh yeah, it's called Osmolite
  3. Bonnie

Comment by 'Bonnie' in 'Feeding tube'

Laurel, I had IBS since 2003, med controlled. I got sick in Oct 2010. By Mar 2011 started having pain up under my left rib cage. Over time we realized it was trapped gas and that became more intolerant of food. The foods that I ate we're dictated by the amt of gas nausea and pain. Last...
  4. Bonnie

What classifies severe m.e.

Are there checklists that determine the severity of our illness? If someone has feeding tube, is that severe? Also, this is very grim and I apologize to all, but are there predicted life expectancies? I just really need a feel for what I'm facing. I know God knows when and that's fine, but...
  5. Bonnie

Bonnie

But for you who revere my name, the son of righteousness will rise with healing wings. Malachi 4:2
  6. Bonnie

Feeding tube

Anybody else out there that has reached the point of tube feedings? Kinda bummed. Wondering if this puts me in the severe category . Just scared and looking for help from those who have reached this part of our journey.
  7. Bonnie

Comment by 'Bonnie' in 'Infrared sauna'

I think the sauna is great for sweating out toxins etc. if you can stand the heat. Could have been any number of things that triggered set back. Sorry to hear that. I would imagine hormones play a huge roll in relapse. Plus we are all fighting virus' this time of year. Ugh!
  8. Bonnie

Saying hi to the group

Going to see geneticist/mito Dr tomorrow. Anybody been that route before?
  9. Bonnie

Is ME due to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome "stretchy veins"

Hope it's ok to just jump in. I'm new here. But I never cared for House but might have to change my mind now..
  10. Bonnie

Saying hi to the group

Hello everyone, I am just so thankful that God has directed me back to this site today. I peeked a few months before and I felt like an outsider. The feeling was self imposed, just felt like the members had been on this merry go round for awhile, they have their own language, knew stuff I...
  11. Bonnie

Comment by 'Bonnie' in 'Update'

Good Luck! I'm new here. I got so excited just reading about someone feeling better, I had to comment.