• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Research into Forum Use by People with ME/CFS

Hi everyone, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I hadn't received any notifications that there were new posts on the thread. As I've said before, I can promise that I don't have a hidden agenda and am not interested in trying to spin the results of this research; I am just...
  2. E

Hi Snow Leopard, At the moment I am just looking at people with ME, but over the next few months I will be talking to people with other long term illness about their use of the Internet.
  3. E

Hi everyone, Thanks again for all of your comments and I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Your comments and links are really interesting and it's great to hear all of your perspectives. My background isn't medical so I can't comment on any advancements in treatments, though I am...
  4. E

Hi everyone, Thanks again for your comments. I decided to just interview people in the UK for a number of reasons. I am based at the University of Manchester, so speaking to people in the UK means that I can travel to them for face to face interviews. While this means that the sample of...
  5. E

Hi again everyone, Thanks again for all of your comments and responses. You've raised really interesting points around directions for the future of my research and other potential questions to consider and I will definitely take them on board. One question that's really hard to answer is...
  6. E

Hi everyone, Thank you all for your responses. Any feedback, insights or questions are very welcome, and I am grateful to all of you for taking the time to respond. To answer some of your questions, my research is looking at the role that social support from the Internet plays in people's...
  7. E

Hello, My name is Ellen Brady and I am a PhD student at the University of Manchester in the UK. As part of my research, I am looking at the views and experiences of patients with long term illnesses who use the Internet. Addressing this topic will add to previous research on the use of online...