• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

On-going supplement poll

May I suggest an "EDIT" button. I forgot to mention the amounts of a supplement I take, and I didn't see a way to go back and add this information to my comments. Given the memory and concentration constraints we live with, this would be really useful. John
  2. J

Italian director of AIDS Immunopathogenesis disproves Yamamoto's claims on Gc-Maf

Excuse me for jumping in here...but what I've read about the Berlin patient, Timothy Ray Brown, including what he says himself, does not lead to the conclusion that he's relapsed. Here's a link to an NPR report, you can see that what was found were fragments of viral genes, and in such trace...
  3. J

MAF 314 - All Natural GcMAF Plus Probiotics

Lobbas123 When you communicated with the Italian website for kefir and yogurt starter, was it in English or Italian. I don't see any sign of English translation on the website and my Italian is marginal so I can't make sense of the detailed information. I wonder if there are companies in...
  4. J

Comment by 'jbclem' in 'Invisible Illnesses, Visible Stereotypes'

You are right, incredibly powerful and also timeless. I can't help but wonder how this young woman is doing now, 11 years later.
  5. J

The reason we have brain fog?

Here's something I've been taking for more than 20 years for brain fog, it's helped a lot with my ability to recall words (pamplemousses, etc...), thoughts, actions initiated then forgotten in mid-course. It's easy to find and inexpensive. DMAE-H3 (Twinlabs)...I take 30 drops each day...
  6. J

Article: What's Next for XMRV?

Cort, would it be possible to start a list of studies (with their locations) that are looking for participants. I live near a big city (Los Angeles) and don't have a clue if there are any researchers who would like to study a few drops of my blood. And I would be happy to have blood drawn and...
  7. J

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) - how's it working for you?

About the time I started taking LDN, I developed an upset stomach. It's common for me to have an upset stomach for 4-6 weeks at a time, at least since I came down with CFIDS 27 years ago, but this one dragged on and after 3 months I decided it had to be caused by the LDN. I stopped taking the...