• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ask2266

I think Earthing cured my dysautonomia/POTS

Hi. I used the earthing sheet from earthing.com. I recently had to stop using the sheet because I moved to a high rise, and when I used the sheet in that outlet I had some very negative reactions. I had read that you have to be careful of dirty electricity that is in the ground from all the...
  2. ask2266

Larrea-Herb said to be 1000 time more potent than Antiviral meds

Any updates on LarreaRX? I'm curious if it brings down EBV numbers.
  3. ask2266

Trying valcyte again, so far so good

If you are going off antivirals, I recommend that you not exercise too aggressively. After being off Valcyte for 6 months, I felt like I had recovered. I quit all antivirals and supplements for 3 years. Then, I started running. After about 6 months of running, I started having a return of...
  4. ask2266

CURED CFS/ME? PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY HERE.

I'm 100% recovered; however, I consider myself in remission. I had CFIDS under the canadian criteria for 4 years --from 2006-2010-- I got it after being in a coma and having septic shock. I had every symptom in the book-- fatigue, insomnia, post exertional malaise, dizziness, brain fog, yeast...
  5. ask2266

Hip I just read in the Body Electric that the electric current in the salamander that induces limb regeneration (and this scientist also later induced limb regeneration in mammals) is very small - measured in nanoamps. A higher current does not work as well. Apparently, the body's cells...
  6. ask2266

Update: I got some bloodwork done after 3 weeks on the sheet. Here are the following notes from that: NK Cells went from 21 to 35. (normal is 80 or up) Free T-3 went from 1.73 to 2.7 (normal is 2.3-4.0) Free T-4 went from .64 to 1.0 (normal is .58-1.64) I definitely think the sheet was what...
  7. ask2266

Hip I just started the book, The Body Electric. It is really good so far. It's by a doctor who studied limb regeneration and electricity in the body. I wish you would read it too, so you could explain it to me!!
  8. ask2266

I've been taking citalopram since 2001. In fact, I cut my dose of it from 40mg to 20mg in 2012.
  9. ask2266

My medication is in my signature. I had not added anything new in the past 6 months except the earthing. Although my viral levels were very high when tested in October 2012 (Koglenik, my doctor, couldn't believe that my CFIDS wasn't back, they were so high), I have been on monolaurin since...
  10. ask2266

IMPORTANT- Also, a note: yesterday I pushed myself too hard. I didn't hydrate or eat much all day (only 2 bananas with almond butter and 12 ounces of water) because I was working on a budget and doing insurance forms. Very stupid, but I was feeling so well that I got careless. Although I felt...
  11. ask2266

We don't ground ourselves at all during the day-- unless we are walking barefoot outside or touching things outside. I myself always wear shoes and don't garden, so I'm never grounded. Also, I think the amount of time that a person is grounded makes a difference; at least, that is what has been...
  12. ask2266

Sparrowhawk The Duke professor is Roger Barr. I just ordered the Body Electric book in the hopes it will clarify some of this for me. Hip My cardiologist did not do a tilt table on me. She did the lying down, stand up test; a holter monitor; an EKG; and a heart sonogram. I don't have my test...
  13. ask2266

I have not done the self-POTS test. I will have to try it! I think what Kina was saying is that she doesn't understand how the electrons get into the internal body. I don't think she was denying that that they would have an effect if they did get in. Am I correct, Kina?
  14. ask2266

I wish I knew a quick answer off the top of my head as to how it works. I am in the process of researching to try and understand it myself. There are many people who have had similar experiences to mine, so I don't think it's placebo effect. Amazon.com has lots of reviews, and the book has many...
  15. ask2266

The human body is an excellent conductor because it has so much salt water in it. That's how people get electrocuted. For example, if you are holding two conductors, and electricity flows through one conductor, it will cross through you and continue flowing into the other conductor you are...
  16. ask2266

ukxmrv Where were they working with it? Nevada? Were you involved in the treatment group, and if so, what did it involve? Now, I'm really curious.
  17. ask2266

I don't know what benefit earthing is to CFIDS beyond the potential to relieve adrenal fatigue and dysautonomia symptoms. Certainly, the thinning of the blood would help with pathogen destruction. Still, I believe that CFIDS is mostly infectious, and earthing doesn't kill anything on its own...
  18. ask2266

Bioelectricity is a new field (excuse the pun) about which we know very little. I have been in touch with a professor of bioelectricity at Duke, and he said that there aren't even any introductory textbooks on it yet. Therefore, I choose to experiment on the unknown rather than assume I know...
  19. ask2266

Even though I have experienced die-off from this, I imagine it is much less severe for me because my cfids is in remission, so I am able to detox dead viruses a lot more easily than someone with active cfids. I do wonder how long the die-off from earthing would last for someone with active...
  20. ask2266

Hip: Are you a scientist by trade? ask2266
  21. ask2266

Has anyone been completely cured of CFS?

I developed CFIDS in June 2006, so I was sick for 3 years before I started taking Valcyte in 2009. I took Valtrex and Famvir from 2007 until 2009, before that. Overall, I had active CFIDS for 4 years.
  22. ask2266

I do believe that even if you get it in remission, you have to be vigilant to prevent relapse, because the pathogens are still there, your crappy immune system is still there, your poorly functioning adrenal glands are still there, and your body has some muscle/neurological memory of the...
  23. ask2266

Hip: Thanks for the insight about the parasympathetic activation. I hadn't thought of that! Glad you are seeing some significant results, but I hope your die-off quiets down soon. Die-off sucks (excuse my language, but only cursing can suffice to describe die-off hell) When I took Valcyte, I...
  24. ask2266

I purchased the half-sheet. I tuck it into my bed at my head and my foot, so I am lying on the entire thing.However, now that my husband has seen my results (he says, "You turned from a gray person into a pink person."), we are getting a king sheet so he can use it, too, and I am putting the...
  25. ask2266

I will add that Dr. Martin Lerner believes you can get people in full remission, but he would say that the ones who get in remission are usually those with only viral infections and NOT bacterial infections. For some reason, the immune system can't seem to rebound against the bacterial stuff as...
  26. ask2266

I have been in complete remission since 2010. I only have viral infections (EBV, HHV6 & Parvo), and I got in remission by taking Valcyte for 10 months (after having been on Valtrex and Famvir for a few years). Last year, I started exercising and got where I could run 10 miles. When I reached...
  27. ask2266

I noticed a full remission of symptoms within 3 days of using the sheet. It was really crazy. I have now been using it for around 2 weeks, so this has not been for a very long time. Still, if you knew how sick I was 2 weeks ago, and you saw me now, you would be shocked. I read in Clint Ober's...
  28. ask2266

Hip: Thanks for the links to the studies! I have become absolutely fascinated about this and am wanting to do more research. This is a great place to start! Hope you are feeling well in your health. Best, Ashley
  29. ask2266

Thanks, Sushi. I had originally not put paragraphs in because I thought there was a word limit on the post, and I was trying to save space, but I hate reading long run on posts like that, too.
  30. ask2266

Hi- I believe that earthing (also known as grounding) has cured my dysautonomia and adrenal fatigue. I am not in any way affiliated with earthing products. I am a disabled mom. MY HEALTH STORY For the past ten years, I have steadily transformed from a healthy, thirty-year-old attorney to a...