• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. hoMEy

Preserving the male essence/seed

because it maybe a precursor to improvement and recovery, along with other factors such as diet and natural therapy. i would agree that on it's own it's unlikely to bring recovery but it might mean less suffering, less fatigue and less brain fog- that's my experience. hormones are very...
  2. hoMEy

men with m.e. have low serum tesosterone and you agree that abstaiing increases this? regardless of the purpose of increase...
  3. hoMEy

maybe right man, have you links? but still everyone keeps referring to sex...this is about ejaculation. one can have sex and not ejaculate. personally when i was active sexually and knew nothing about what is being suggested here, i was never in hurry to ejaculate, as that meant it was over.
  4. hoMEy

i'll put the link to the study again as it seems to have broken: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241?dopt=Abstract and a couple more youtube vids on preserving the essence:
  5. hoMEy

well to say no, is a little conclusive for me, it might be right, prove it's completely false?how can you be so sure? of course "healthy" folk have more sex and higher testosterone levels. it appears that these levels drop below normal after ejaculation too. we call folk who don't have chronic...
  6. hoMEy

yes it does make you a little cranky at first, that passes.
  7. hoMEy

seems to be some confusion here. i quite clearly seperated sex from ejaculation. no-one has to resist sexy time lol...the idea is merely being suggested that not ejaculating may increase physical vigour, emotional balance and mental acuity. i am aware that at first abstaining leads to feelings...
  8. hoMEy

High Dose oxygen therapy. Experiences?

i have recently bought a Hyla "water air purifier"; if you add a tablespoon of seasalt to the water it gives off massive amounts of negative oxygen ions. i've tried ionizers but this is another level and 100% au naturelle and gives air like at the seaside. i was very surprised to get die off...
  9. hoMEy

hiya man, certainly as far as this topic is concerned they may have been, though i've not encountered their angle on it, so couldn't comment for sure. in some ways the allusion to tantra and mysticism is unfortunate as it puts some people off looking into the topic, but then we can look past the...
  10. hoMEy

hi Xandoff, thanks for your points. i wouldn't clarify what a healthy male is. i'm interested in what makes a male unhealthy and how he might gain health. when you say "science, myth and disease make good bedfellows" what are you trying to convey? are you saying if i listen to mthy or science...
  11. hoMEy

this was quite interesting reading with guidelines. note though that the ability for a man with m.e. to replenish spent essence is going to be less than a "healthy" male.. http://www.1vigor.com/article/ejaculation-frequency/index.html quote "However, when ejaculation frequency exceeds the...
  12. hoMEy

hi there, yes i doubt the majority of athletes practise sexual energy preservation. i would also agree that actively trying to raise energy can be unhelpful when the tissues are toxic. leaving it, allowing it to build naturally and gently shifting it as it rises, would be another matter...
  13. hoMEy

Food allergies, elimination diet, help!!

i'll share my diet as it may help someone else. it's all inclusive, i.e. good for m.e., crohns, diabetes etc. it avoids raw which the chinese say weakens the spleen pancreas meridian. i am allergic to some stuff on it, like the boiled celery, but i need cooked soothing veg that isn't...
  14. hoMEy

Fasting - specifically practically with ME/CFS and methylation treatment

personally think fasting is a bad idea with m.e. present. if the digestion is moving it's more likely your lymph is too and that's where detox lies. also your endocrime system needs some fats and starch to work, especially in it's compromised state. you need protein, carbohydrate, fat and veg...
  15. hoMEy

this guy explains it well too, though the first 2 vids in the previous posts are more indepth i feel http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=remrOQhPWX0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l9KzYdLWS2w it could be one of the most powerfull tools for health a...
  16. hoMEy

this is nothing to do with sex but ejaculation and i could link a study that shows higher prostrate cancer the more you masturbate/ejaculate. http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20090127/masturbation-and-prostate-cancer-risk sexual activity/arousal is fine in this thinking but expending...
  17. hoMEy

i don't understand, i'm not looking for anything? the study was about testosterone and how it's affected by ejaculation.
  18. hoMEy

for increased healing potential and higher serum testosterone levels. boxers and athletes do it to increase their performance. it is said to strengthen arms and legs and increase clarity. i've practised this for many years and have found it to be most beneficial to helping me deal with...
  19. hoMEy

Article: Treatment Breakthrough (and Paradigm Shift) For CFS? Rituximab Trial Promises Hope

similar to antibiotics, if you make a person very toxic then the appearance of improvement via less microbes etc can appear significant, however the very treatment itself will stop them crossing the finishing line and the affects of long term high toxicity, which is what will happen like with...
  20. hoMEy

Qi Gong/Chi Kung thread?

hi quirky, i can assure you he can and does. whether he promotes his treatment as such is another thing as that could very possibly hinder his acupuncture practise and even practitioner status. i found him through a martial arts combat magazine stating how chi can be projection can be used to...
  21. hoMEy

Qi Gong/Chi Kung thread?

i've had chi healing from an advanced tai ji/qui gong practitioner http://www.taiji.net/ his name's Paul Brecher and if anyone lives in london or near and appreciates acupuncture and chinese medicine, i highly recommend visiting him. the treatment came under the guise of chinese herbs but it was...
  22. hoMEy

Why does this illness keep bringing up "bad stuff" to the surface of the mind?

when we say "this illness" we externalise it as seperate from ourselves. testosterone injections imo would most definitely cause hormonal inbalance not to mention liver toxicity and all the physical and emotional problems bodybuilders face. every organ grows on testosterone jabs...permanently...
  23. hoMEy

Homeopathy

i highly recommend "complex homeopathy" a la Dr. Reckeweg. apparently better for chronic longterm illnesses and sidesteps practitioner skill in choosing the correct remedy. and you should feel worse, no-one ever got over illness without feeling worse first. look at flu in "healthy" folk....they...
  24. hoMEy

Reiki Healing. Anyone have any experiences?

i did my reiki 1 many years ago, was an interesting and enjoyable weekend. had two folk do reiki on me after the weekend and it did increase my energy levels though only short term. like the above post i focus mainly on gut and diet. i'm a great believer in d.i.y. complimentary therapy and have...
  25. hoMEy

Low testosterone?

yeah heard that it is apparently "known" to be bad...
  26. hoMEy

Marshall Protocol

i assume being from the uk, you're also on the foggy friends site and aware of the "i've been cured" thread relating to dr. wright's treatments. if he's not aware that people are claiming cure through his treatment then perhaps you might inform so he can put it right. the 1 person who did claim...
  27. hoMEy

Lightning Process to be Evaluated in Research Study on Children

hi, haven't read the whole thread so my post maybe irrelevant. the lightning process requires total and utter commitment and belief by the trainee for it to have even it's occasionbal slight improvement in symptons. i have spoke with folk who are still drastically ill, who still swear by it...
  28. hoMEy

Marshall Protocol

dr. wright sells antibiotic cures in the uk...same in many ways to marshall; full of similar facts n stats and apparent understanding and the same zero recovery and poor overall results and the usual arguments. the similarities are striking.... so you say my theory is quackery and i say yours...
  29. hoMEy

Low testosterone?

lol! old tai chi and yoga idea...a tai chi teacher i used to know used to say- twice in summer, once in winter- i.e. ejaculation. i've started so i spose i'll have to finish...give yer a larf if nowt else! 2 youtube vidz>> part 1 preserving male sexual energy part 2 preserving male sexual...
  30. hoMEy

Low testosterone?

one of the things i noticed the couple of times i nearly recovered was that my voice got deeper and facial hair etc started to grow quicker so it would seem that my testosterone levels did boost up to full speed. even my son noticed my voice drop a couple of octaves. so i agree that reduced...