• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Its lawsuit time . . .

I cannot believe what i am reading.
  2. K

Its lawsuit time . . .

King's Award for Professor Simon Wessely Institute of Psychiatry / News King's Award for Professor Simon Wessely Professor Simon Wessely was presented with the King's Award for Media Personality of the Year 2010 last night at a reception in the Weston Room, Maughan Library, Strand Campus...
  3. K

XMRV AND Leukemia connection?

Htvl1/2 http://http://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/2/9/2037/pdf THIS SHOULD WORK.:Retro confused:
  4. K

HTLV/2..? probably Not I m in the process, Of getting a copy of my notes from birth and will look. i will work out what this means. when i was having the chemo and treatments I asked like I do now.. why this why that. one thing I remember is, a certain blood test I asked about it was a test...
  5. K

Intestinal permeability and evidence of immune activation

Thank you rich, for taliking the time to write all thius I missed it somehow. I will speak with My GP. katie
  6. K

sorry i missed this, sue,I had a allogeneic I think, that off my brother, i must say, my consultant endocrinologist, says that the treatment plans now are not quite severe as they were then. i wonder about my brothers cells too because he has really bad carpel tunnel, back pain and around the...
  7. K

XMRV Feeding OFF HORMONES?

Hia heapsreal, I know of bodybuilders, or doormen here In UK. take anabolic steroids and they can really weaken your the heart. But that said they didnt really look after there bodies. I think when The stress hormone cortisol can whack the estrogen out of balance. or visa versa. But your...
  8. K

Hi Daffofil Ive not been tested No. Im hoping to get tested Soon, with having so much gone wrong, Ive not found any good doctors who dont shuffle you out of the room. Ive ordered a copy of all my hospital notes, then im going down to London to see professor Puri. its hard to really know when it...
  9. K

I read an old thread and it sounded, all too sounds familiar, From having e coli when I was born to, having my tonsils out aged Five, chicken pox many times. :Retro redface: Then aged 15 a stressful time my parents split up.? :Retro mad:I developed Really bad Eczema or psoriasis. I was...
  10. K

The reason we have brain fog?

It makes sense, I think :>)
  11. K

My Antiretroviral Trial

Good luck Your in london Who can I go see. I will look at your profile. YEAY OH ARE YOU IN A STUDY :>( Still Good Luck.
  12. K

My Antiretroviral Trial

Good luck Your in london Who can I go see. I will look at your profile. YEAY OH ARE YOU IN A STUDY :>( Still Good Luck.
  13. K

Article: XMRV and CFS_ A Simpler Explanation by Bob

Thank you Bob, This is the best interpretation of scientific journal explanation. I can spend a whole day just gazing at the screen and be no wiser. {{THANX}}:winking:
  14. K

Mikovits interview states the FDA will confirm WPI findings in a Sept publication

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. ~~~Arthur Schopenhauer~~~German philosopher~(1788 - 1860) ~
  15. K

Xmrv not very pleasant news

I had leukemia 19 years ago when i was 7 months pregnant. and Never fully recovered. But always thought it was the treatment. i had a brief break from lots of symtoms after 6 years recovering, or so i thought. then a shingles virus and hormone change. and have been in a ME/CFS flare for nearly 6...
  16. K

ok thank you for the reply though i will check this out.
  17. K

I have been looking at all your posts on XMRV. and I am astounded how much you all know. xenotropic murine leukemia virus. To be honest i cannot get my head round it all. The thing is I had leukemia when I was 19 I'm now 39. I had a bone marrow transplant in 1991. I never really recovered...
  18. K

Personality Features and Personality Disorders in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Populat

I agree its still SICK what there doing or trying to do Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2009;30(3):284-99. A review on cognitive behavorial therapy (CBT) and graded exercise therapy (GET) in myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) / chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS): CBT/GET is not only ineffective and not...
  19. K

Personality Features and Personality Disorders in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Populat

I cant believe they are even trying this.. I agree its gotta be the last breath. BYE
  20. K

XMRV and Thyroid Cancer?

Thyroid cancer and cfs/me :ashamed:My friend was diagnosed fibromyalgia and ME, she had a big lump on her neck that came back negative. they biopsied and came back inconclusive. so they took it out and now 3 years later is thyroid cancer. shes having her thyroid gland taken out on the 2nd of...
  21. K

First International XMRV conference

Please help to lobby the NIH to allow Dr Mikovits to speak at the First International XMRV Conference in September. She is currently excluded from the agenda. This is a bizarre turn of events, especially given that she was the first scientist to isolate XMRV in blood. Let Judy speak !! This link...