• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Eye Question...need help

I have issues with blurriness quite often as well. I've also had other significant eye-related issues (e.g. light sensitivity, visual trails, visual snow). My suffering went into full-blown chaos with visual symptoms in 2009. I still have eye-related issues, but they have almost completely...
  2. S

Retention Cysts

An MRI scan of the head revealed..."A retention cyst and polypoid noted in the left maxillary sinus." The definition I found for retention cyst is "one caused by blockage of the excretory duct of a gland, so that glandular secretions are retained." I'm trying to make more sense of how this...
  3. S

Can you identify what this skin condition is?

Hi, triffid! Thanks for your reply. Just so I'm clear. When you took DMSO, you found relief from the skin markings and water retention? I had wondered for some time if this was some kind of hyper-hydration or water retention. Have you tried magnesium for this or other related symptoms...
  4. S

August, I'm so glad you responded. Everything you just wrote about, I have experienced in some form or another. Let me start with the sinuses -- the most difficult issue to deal with lasting 3 years straight. For a while, I was having a stuffy nose, but when I became extremely ill, my sinuses...
  5. S

I don't know what's normal about it. I only get these marks when I'm feeling inflamed and exhausted. If I eat specific foods or have an extraordinary amount of stress, these marks get worse. Also, when I was at my sickest point, what you're seeing in the photos was magnified x 10, and was...
  6. S

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/strange-reactions-to-alcohol-and-anti-histamines.19705/#post-301783 This thread covers that topic in more detail and also talks about how alcohol was the solution for me. Thanks for your replies, nanonug.
  7. S

camas, with regard to the lines in the skin, there is no itch or burning with it. I do have itchy skin sometimes, but isn't bad enough that I even do anything for it. No burning. nanonug, I have a unique issue with histamine. When I developed Chonilergic Urticaria several years back, if I took...
  8. S

Hi, nanonug. I thought it might be dermatograpism a while back, but I disregarded that because I believe the hallmark is that you can kind of "write" into your own skin. When I try doing this with my own fingers, it does not stay in. Thank you though. What are your thoughts about the fluid...
  9. S

I have a couple photos showing what happens to my skin after eating specific things or having extreme stress -- so it's just not related to eating. I first noticed this condition 10 years ago after a course of corticosteroids. What you're seeing in the photos is what my skin looks like upon...
  10. S

Strange reactions to Alcohol and Anti-Histamines

nanonug: I'm aware, haha. Prednisone is the wonder-drug of my life -- except there's a catch. I have a rebound effect from it after coming off (mostly emotional stuff), but it's very hard to tell because at the time I was not keenly aware of what to look for. Also, after about a week on the...
  11. S

LOL Sherlock, I swear you are great. If Quercetin is said to reduce cortisol and causes issues with my skin, then it fits that Prednisone raises cortisol and it made my skin better than it's been in years. All my tests always come back normal. No kidney malfunction and several different...
  12. S

Sherlock: Oh you guys are good. You both have hit on major experiences for me. Allow me to share my experience with supplements, especially Quercetin. This was one of the stranger experiences I had with supplements. I started taking Zinc, Quercetin and Co-Q10 at the same time. Within a couple...
  13. S

I've had cortisol saliva testing done and was not determined to have issues with my cortisol. Several Endocrinologists and many tests have confirmed this -- for whatever that's worth. However, I'm glad you brought up the cortisol topic, because that's another huge piece to my puzzle. Here's...
  14. S

For over 10 years, since a drug use gone wrong happened, I've had a strange mast-cell phenomenon happening. It started with an ecstacy tablet that left my arms and legs rushing with numbness and a panic that set in throughout my body. A couple days later, I developed the condition Chronic...