• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Do B12 and Folate increase Histamine?

Thanks for posting that study, UM MAN. I've had food allergies my whole life - and they've continued to get worse (the spectrum of things that give me histimine reactions grows and grows). Even my allergist jokes that I'm allergic to an unusual # of foods and food groups. I also have...
  2. D

Dark Chocolate and CFS Study

You're right to be wary of "just trust me" dietary fixes. :) I'm not advocating that by a long-shot. :) In my experience, the 2 most helpful things I've done for my health have been 1) Doing a Methylation Panel and having Dr. Rich analyze it, and 2) Doing an OAT (Organic Acids Test) and having...
  3. D

Dark Chocolate and CFS Study

Chocolate is extremely high in oxalates - a molecule that some of us may have problems with. So, if your oxalic acid - and other markers of oxalates are high - be careful! Chocolate could wreak havoc on your system in the long-run. There are many people with FM/CFS on the Trying Low Oxalates...
  4. D

Um man, How do you know whether or not your DAO levels are low? Thanks for the input.
  5. D

Hi folks, I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried Histame since Dr. Rich recommended it. If so, has it worked? Lucy, Moon, and Topaz, from the sound of it, you were all considering trying Histame, so I'd love to hear how it went! Thanks, Dorothy (a major allergy...