• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Positive Thinking, The Secret, Huna....

A final question. If someone was here looking for clients would they not provide their website and contact information? What do you have as evidence to support your opinion that you are interpreting the situation accurately? I ask, not because I care what you think about me, but because it...
  2. J

My clients are not sick people who are coming for cures. They are people who want to thrive. I am not here seeking clients. I do not "seek" clients. They find me. Your world is painted by your beilefs; just as everyone's is - that does not make their beliefs accurate. That does not negate...
  3. J

Is experience a problem?
  4. J

It is not about reading or interacting with people, it is about what you are a vibrational match to which is more complicated but based on your patterns of thought. Today I am not at risk of any of those things because I have changed my vibration. Statistically a woman who is raped becomes...
  5. J

Thanks Alex. Not "Just World Hypothesis" at all. Merely making the point, because White assumed I had lived a life free of adversary (as many often assume about me if they do not know my past -- even those who know it tend to forget because I do not have a victim mentality or victim...
  6. J

You are the one who stated "I would love to see how Joyful Lady would handle this line of thinking if she got CFS." and "It's easy to believe in something like this when good things happen to you. And makes it even easier to judge other people when bad things happen to them. But when bad things...
  7. J

Want to trade? Try daily molestation from age 9 to 18, throw in a stranger rape at 15 and two abusive (physically and emotionally spouses), oh, and I almost forgot to mention a gang beating in 8th grade and two more in high school. Would you consider that an even trade? Or would it only be an...
  8. J

If PTSD is caused by post traumatic structural changes to the brain do you have the same explanation for post traumatic growth (also called adversarial growth)? What causes one to go to PTSD and another to benefit from post adversarial growth? I will agree to disagree regarding the mind being...
  9. J

Feeling guilt is not healthy so a viewpoint that takes this perspective would not be recommended or encouraged. In fact, I would encourage looking for a viewpoint that feels better. I have not said, not would I say "if you stop believing you are ill you will get better." In fact, that would...
  10. J

This is not an appropriate forum for the answer you seek. I know it but I will not answer that question here.
  11. J

RE: P.S. I find the idea that anyone "chose" this or any illness to be completely repugnant and odious at best. Saying unconscious patterns of thought that we've acquired could be influencing our health is one thing, saying we therefore "chose" to be sick is absolutely offensive, abhorrent...
  12. J

Depending on the environment, CBT translates to different meanings. I do not know the definition of it in this environment. If someone would enlighten me? I would appreciate it. Thank you.
  13. J

Please see one of my earlier posts from this evening which explains how I arrived at this site and why I posted.
  14. J

How do you explain that depressed Mom's to be have children with more behavior problems, more sleep problems, and more asthma? All of these statements are supported by studies published earlier this year. Let me make it clear - I am not blaming the Mom's for being depressed. In fact...
  15. J

Affirmations in which an individual does not believe are worse than worthless - they actually go counter to what is desired because the mind argues with what is not believed and more firmly believes in the opposite. Only affirmations that are believed have value. Science has demonstrated...
  16. J

I am not sure if this is directed at me. I did use color to highlight the sentence I am referring to above - but hopefully navy blue is readable (I also added italics so what I am responding to is clear.. If you believe I have done this I encourage you to re-read my posts as this was never my...
  17. J

Regrowing limbs would require a belief that it was possible to do so. Most people do not believe something is possible unless and until someone else succeeds in doing the thing. Once someone else does something others begin to see it as possible for them. Those who are first are few and far...
  18. J

No, I am not talking about the "put the happy face sticker" over it sort of positivity. That is not authentic and being inauthentic is worse than being negative. Someone else said something about this is "Blame the victim". Let me state that I am not in any way, shape, or form "blaming the...
  19. J

RE: But I hope you don't mean to suggest that all medical research should therefore cease, and that all sick and disabled people should concentrate instead on curing themselves through the power of their own minds. Absolutely not. I am "for" whatever works for an individual and that varies...
  20. J

Hi, I just saw this post. I will use plain text on this board in the future. My eyes like colors but I will conform to the group desires/needs. I am not sure what software you use for this Forum but most will allow the administrator to restrict color usage. If it is an issue for member...
  21. J

Fritz-Albert Popp was working to find a cure for cancer and his research led to the discovery that photons emitted by living systems were more coherent than anything he had ever seen. In quantum physics, quantum coherence means that subatomic particles are able to cooperate. The subatomic waves...
  22. J

I want to comment further on this comment "Pragmatism and 'positive' views of the world are often used to justify and ignore the suffering of others - I think that these cognitive distortions should be guarded and fought against rather than embraced:" Have you followed it out to its natural...
  23. J

Here is the citation for the meta-analysis of 200 independent studies that found that positivity and optimism reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease by 50%. The researcher are from Harvard. Boehm, J. K., & Jubzansky, L.D., (2012).The heart’s content: The association between...
  24. J

What if What if you don't know what you don't know? "Round about the accredited and orderly facts of every science there ever floats a sort of dust-cloud of exceptional observations, of occurrences minute and irregular and seldom met with, which it always proves more easy to ignore than to...