• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Erica

Lactic Acidosis from Probiotics

Xrayspex, it's probably too late, but before you embark on a treatment for parasites with either metronidazole (Flagyl)or Alinia (which is a less harmful version of metronidazole), take a look at this abstract. Mebendazole (Rx) and pyrantel pamoate (available over the counter) are much gentler...
  2. Erica

Second edition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide

You probably don't want to print this book. It's 817 pages long. But if you are determined to have a print copy, go to the website (www.cfstreatmentguide.com) and, on the "contact us" page, explain your predicament and ask for a PDF file. I will send you one.
  3. Erica

A Tribute To Rich Van Konynenburg

Rich was a prince among men. His kindness was immeasurable , and his generosity was unstinting. He gave his considerable knowledge and attention freely to anyone who asked. Rich was a true scientist and a great humanitarian. I will never forget him. Erica Verrillo
  4. Erica

Second edition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide

Lauren had a serious relapse just a couple of weeks after we began to discuss publishing an electronic second edition of the book. So, I had to write it alone. Ironically, it was my own relapse in 2007 that led to the second edition. The relapse forced me to catch up on the research I had missed...