• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. frenchmoxie

Poor Methylation Reaction - Tingling Legs, Increased Heart Rate, Depression

@Oberon How are you doing lately? And did you ever read up on what I suggested? Freddd's Deadlock Quartet on these forums? The thyroid also came to mind when you talked about your issues swallowing. Could even be a goiter or thyroid nodule you may not be aware of? Random question; and you can...
  2. frenchmoxie

Critterina's Histamine Intolerance Journal

@Critterina Out of curiosity, are you taking anything for your adrenal insufficiency like Cortef?
  3. frenchmoxie

@lakesarecool One more thing... You mentioned that you're homozygous for MTHFR C677T. Dr. Ben Lynch has an article here: halfway down the page is his suggested protocol for homozygous mutation :) http://mthfr.net/mthfr-c677t-mutation-basic-protocol/2012/02/24/ Good luck!
  4. frenchmoxie

@lakesarecool ... Ok, just went back and read the thread. Yup. You said: " January I was taking the B12 Oils, with methylfolate without issue. It was the carnitine that I added that seemed to really start the whole crisis." I think you just activated something with the Deadlock Quartet...
  5. frenchmoxie

Hey there, You're welcome. But what I was thinking was that you might have inadvertently opened up some pathway or blockage with the Deadlock Quartet. That's the sickest I've ever gotten from any of my methylation experiments. Luckily I remembered reading about it on this site. Im not sure if...
  6. frenchmoxie

@lakesare... More on Deadlock Quartet: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/symptoms-by-deadlock-quartet-and-other-nutrients.27482/
  7. frenchmoxie

@lakesarecool ... I'm thinking that maybe you might need to add some sea salt/sodium to balance out the potassium? Especially since youre likely to have exhausted adrenals, like most of us here :( sorry if I'm assuming too much, though. I too get the tingling nerve sensations. Almost like an...
  8. frenchmoxie

Can someone help me with SNPs too?

Good question, I know this thread is a little old but I'm still interested in the topic. I posted a few years ago, stating that my MMA levels were fine. Now, it seems that I'm very B12 deficient. I'm homozygous, +/+ for TCN2 as well, and a few other genes related to B12 transport/metabolization...
  9. frenchmoxie

a hot mess! GGT, IgA, SHBG, and elevated liver enzymes

Ok, @Lynn_M , thank you for that info. I have read all that already, however. I do not drink alcohol and haven't for years now. Doc tested for pancreatic issues and I am in the clear as far as pancreas problems go. My sister has Type 1 diabetes, however, so it does run in family. I am negative...
  10. frenchmoxie

Suddenly bedbound?

I've been having symptoms similar to yours. @Automobilie You mentioned something about eating lots of nuts and avocado, I started feeling sick after eating avocado. Have you ever heard of histAmine intolerance? Look up low histamine diet on Google, and mAybe see if any of the high histamine...
  11. frenchmoxie

vitamin C / citric acid / fruit INTOLERANCE

Hey all! What forms of vitamin C do you all use that is optimal for collagen production? Or, is ascorbic acid sufficient? Also, I've got a friend who cannot tolerate citric acid, malic acid or FRUIT. He is having some issues with tendon/ligament pain and tearing and thinks it might be related to...
  12. frenchmoxie

best form of vitamin C for collagen production

What forms of vitamin C do you all use that is optimal for collagen production? Or, is ascorbic acid sufficient? Also, I've got a friend who cannot tolerate citric acid nor malic acid; he also cannot tolerate FRUIT. He is having some issues with tendon/ligament pain and tearing; any suggestions...
  13. frenchmoxie

@andre79 . I was also wondering if maybe something was going on with my liver when in the past, a bout two yrs ago, I tested as LOW for cholesterol levels. Now, I know that yes, you can get cholesterol from diet, but I do not. I know that the liver manufactures something like 70-80% of the...
  14. frenchmoxie

@andre79 . My cholesterol levels were normal when tested about a month ago, but then again, that was all pre-mono diagnosis. I've also had low cholesterol in the past. It fluctuates, I guess? I do not eat dairy or dietary cholesterol, FYI. What kind of symptoms are you having that would indicate...
  15. frenchmoxie

@Lynn_M . In regards to the hyperthyroidism I was just pointing out that my doc said that's what I had because at first she only tested my TSH, which we all know is a pretty useless indicator. But, it's just so ridiculous that there are doctors out there that 'll tell you that you need to reduce...
  16. frenchmoxie

Hey kids! ;) Background: Hashimoto's, hypothyroidism, Sjogren's Syndrome, chronic Lyme? Ok, I've got what appears to be a mess of problems right now. was just diagnosed with mono a week ago. Extremely elevated Epstein-Barr virus antibodies. I've got elevated liver enzymes for the first time in...
  17. frenchmoxie

Sjogrens...anyone else have CFS/ME and Sjogrens?

Yup, Sjogren's Syndrome here. Diagnosed in 2007 at age 22.
  18. frenchmoxie

High Somatostatin?

Hey all, I'm posting this for a friend who is currently being treated for Lyme disease. He is on IV antibiotics right now and has been since January. He also has some issues with clotting I believe, and high blood pressure. I have no idea what his high levels of somatostatin mean, any thoughts?
  19. frenchmoxie

Methylation Pathway Panel results - Analysis?

@caledonia So, judging from my reaction to the Glutathione via I.V., I think I have issues with sulfur. Especially considering my inability to tolerate things like garlic and onions. Wouldn't this point to a CBS problem? What would be another explanation for my severe reaction to glutathione? I...
  20. frenchmoxie

@caledonia I am hetero for almost all the CBS mutations, and hetero for most of the BHMT as well. What was your first step in addressing your issues? I know it's super complicated. I am using very small amounts of L-methylfolate and methylB12, like... scant amounts. And about a 1/4 capsule of...
  21. frenchmoxie

Hey all. I finally had the funds to get bloodwork done through Health Diagnostics. I would love any feedback or suggestions on my results! Thank you!
  22. frenchmoxie

What pills/supplements do you take everyday?

Hi stridor, I'm still in early stages of methylation protocol, so have not yet added in MethylB12. I'm following Yasko protocol to see how it goes. I am taking in about 1300mcg of hydroxyB12 daily, and have been feeling dead-tired, per usual. Can't wait to start experimenting with MethylB12.
  23. frenchmoxie

What pills/supplements do you take everyday?

1 x Yasko's new All In One multivitamin, every 2 days to start out 1 x Seeking Health brand Trace Mineral complex (Selenium, Zinc, Manganese, Molybdenum, others) 2 x vitamin C (500mg each) 1 x Zinc lozenge (15mg) - every other day 1 x vitamin A (active form, retinyl palmitate, 5,000 IU) 1 x...
  24. frenchmoxie

Rash and Skin problems

Yes, though I also have an autoimmune disease. I have a rash that never completely goes away and moves to different spots around my body, is extremely itchy and started in 2009. I also have eczema and really dry flaky skin on my scalp regardless of using Head and Shoulders. I have also developed...
  25. frenchmoxie

Rare allele data

Chrom 1 rs4373782 CT rs17366686 AC rs28384834 AG rs12142450 AG Chrom 2 rs45471294 CT rs17648863 CC rs11695913 CT Chrom 3 rs34911341 CT rs1800146 GT rs34166957 AG rs13096071 CT Chrom 4 rs17626658 CT rs10446841 GG Chrom 5 rs17435258...
  26. frenchmoxie

Can someone help me with SNPs too?

I'm also homozygous for TCN2, but past testing has revealed normal levels of MMA.
  27. frenchmoxie

MTHFS defect (folinic acid intolerance) - request for genetic data

I haven't taken a large dose of folinic acid, so I'm basing my symptoms off of the amount in the SHMT spray, which is around 50 mcg. I get extremely tired after using the spray, and so have to take it at night around bedtime. I'm thinking I might be intolerant to it. rs8923 15 80137560 TT...
  28. frenchmoxie

Help Please? 23andme results

I understand now what you mean. Oh I know all too well about tapering off an SSRI.:ill: Unfortunately I've been on all kinds of antidepressants since I was in the 7th grade. Currently on cymbalta and want to try reducing dose on that as I start to treat my methylation issues. Thanks.
  29. frenchmoxie

Help Please? 23andme results

caledonia Could you explain what you mean by Zoloft limiting your tolerance?
  30. frenchmoxie

23andme results - input appreciated!

Valentijn: I know I've still got a few more things to get in place before addressing MTRR A66G, but does this homozygous mutation mean that I'm not properly making methyl-B12 and that all of the hydroxy and adenosyl B12 I take isn't converted to the methyl B12 I need? At first I read the MTRR...