• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Vitamin B12 deficiency is commonly misdiagnosed / Active B12 Protocol / Freddd

Vitamin B12 deficiency is commonly misdiagnosed - WrongDiagnosis.com People from the above forum are looking for a new home. The Wrong Diagnosis (WD) website was recently changed to www.bettermedicine.com. Unfortunately, it takes a long time for posts to appear on the new site. This has...
  2. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Heres the specific b12 protocol that Im following 1. Jarrow Formulas Methyl-B12 15+g 2. Country Life Dibencozide (adenosylb12) 3mg 3. Solgar Metafolin - 800mcg x 2 4. Jarrow B-Right B-complex, 1 capsule twice a day 5. Potassium Gluconate (Now Foods) - 99mg x 2 6. Omega3...
  3. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Welcome back Freddd! Your presence was missed. I found this forum last May when I felt I was having a nervous breakdown and didn’t know why. I was at breaking point. I constantly felt agitated and was unable to relax. I had troubling with waking during the night. I lived with constant brain fog...
  4. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Lena, I desperately need for this protocol to be the answer. The ride has been scary so far. The intense mood swings are troubling. Im glad theres a support group here to help out I cant do this alone. I continue to take the supplements even though my body is tells me to do otherwise at...
  5. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Lena, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad week. I'm going through a lot of startup reactions myself. I thought I'd pass along something I read this weekend. It was on the 'Active B12 Basics' thread. Under 'MethylB12 Startup Effects', Freddd said "L-carnitine can have a strong startup...
  6. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

reasons for startup reactions? Thanks for the kind remark Sunday. I need to keep these reasons at my fingertips. It's so easy to lose focus when the storms come. If I didn't have a strategy, I'd be sunk. Please let me know if you have anything else to add to the list... joseph
  7. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

reasons for startup reactions? I created a short list of reasons to help me when I get in trouble. I lose perspective when my emotions crash. Knowing the whys helps me from losing hope. Im struggling to understand whats happening. What else can be added? Reasons for startup responses: 1...
  8. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

3 week update Cutting back the mb12 dose to 2-3mg has helped some with the strong emotional swings. I started splitting pills Friday. Smaller amounts spread out throughout the day seem to be helping. Here are some positives from the first 3 weeks: better sleep (starting to feeling rested for...
  9. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

David, that's convincing enough for me...no more mag aspartate. thanks for the tip joseph
  10. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Sunday, appreciate the potassium info. The local vitamin store has several different brands. I'll pick one and give it a try...small cost to avoid big problems Thanks for pointing me to protocol pages. I'll use them as a reference as I navigate through the chaos. I've been learning as I read...
  11. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

B12 deficiency confined to the brain Found an article that mentions a B12 deficiency that is confined to the brain. Has anyone come across this before? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts --joseph http://www.mts.net/~baumel/B12.html "There is an intriguing reason why some people with...
  12. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

magnesium thanks David. I've been using 400mg/day of magnesium (mag glycinate chelate / mag aspartate). I may need to add a little more. Glad this is working for you... joseph
  13. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks for the note Sunday! Yes, I went over-the-top and started out much too high! School of hard knocks. I backed off yesterday using partial pills. I'll ramp up the doses as my body adjusts. You're right...I did treat myself roughly! I was desperate for relief but ended causing myself more...
  14. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

RE: day after... Hi Lena, thank you for the helpful information! Sorry to hear of your start-up troubles. Your progress on the program is encouraging. If it wasn't for this board, I would've quit the b12 already. Thanks for the advice on taking it slower. I started pill splitting yesterday...
  15. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

day after... Im still reeling from yesterdays emotional episode (this was on 7 mg of the methyl-b12). Would it be wise to take a b12 break until the chaos dies down? Or, should I back down to a smaller dose like 1-2 mg? I havent taken any so far today as I fear a repeat performance. How much...
  16. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

need help Your reply was very helpful Freddd thank you! Its given me some hope. Based on what youre saying, these volatile emotions are a good sign - I need to hold on to that perspective during this chaos. I appreciate you putting things in context and explaining the reason for the roller...
  17. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

David, Thank you for the kind reply. I currently take magnesium morning and afternoon along with other supplements. I'm glad to hear that it's helped! How much do you need to take for your situation? Thanks for the links joseph
  18. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

need help I'm looking for solutions to my awful bouts of depression and anxiety. I avoided b12 and folic acid supplements in the past because I read that high histamine types should do so. Ive used the aminos tryptophan and tyrosine with some benefit. My depression and anxiety have been...