• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Re: Terminally ill patients face repeat fit-to-work tests (Mirror, 3 March 2012)

Re: Sickening indignity: Terminally ill patients face repeat fit-to-work tests (Daily Mirror, 3 March 2012) PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Letter to the Editor, Richard Wallace and...
  2. D

UTV: Northern Ireland: More sufferers plea for help (features Dr Enlander)

Letter, Re: I still believe in a cure for my son (Belfast News Letter, 23 February 2012) PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Letters to Belfast News Letter. Before one can hope for a...
  3. D

Letter, Re: New website Dorset ME Support Group (Daily Echo, 15 February 2012)

2nd Letter, suggested labelling standards 2nd Letter: Re: New ME website launches to help support sufferers in Dorset (Bournemouth Daily Echo, 15 February 2012) PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON...
  4. D

Hi Sparrow, it is the "whatever we choose to call it" that needs addressing as you will see in my 2nd letter. There needs to be consistency. If we can't agree, I suggest that everyone makes it clear, at least, what they mean. Cheers John.
  5. D

Good point to make, Ember. Will you also copy (or adapt it) to the newspaper. I always say the more who do the better the chance of some being published and maybe a follow up. This time more people seem determined to write than ever but we need to see them in print. The letters page is...
  6. D

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Daily Echo Letters. Cc: Dorset ME Support Group Groups such as the Dorset ME Support Group are going to have to decide which patients they represent...
  7. D

Simon Wessely in DM - is he being a hypocrite?

Letter, Re: Shyness in a child and depression after bereavement could be classed as mental illness in controversial new reforms (Daily Mail, 9 February 2012) PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER...
  8. D

An attempt at redress? The Sun feature a story on ME... and recovery...

There are 4 or 5 good comments under the original article, as I type this. Nothing really stupid and no one trying to hijack it, so far. And The Sun approves comments making it less likely for such to get through. Now, wouldn't this be the best chance ever to have a large number of well...
  9. D

Saw your comment under the article, Min. Well done, I wonder if they'll let mine through.
  10. D

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Sun Letters. Since there is no universally agreed diagnostic test for M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis), it is not possible to say with certainty whether...
  11. D

Complain PCC Rod Liddle, Pretend disabled really ARE sick Sun, 26 Jan 2012

504 have now signed to that effect, Sian. Imagine how many more would not have the strength to pick up the paper in which he insulted them. Cheers, John.
  12. D

Thanks Min, Now more than 450 signatures. Be assured that we shall pursue this and, equally offensive nasty pieces of work, relentlessly, wherever we find them. Can I appeal for one more push before we submit this to them. Best wishes John
  13. D

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. This is my e-mail to the Press Complaints Commission, which model anyone may copy OR (not both) sign a petition, which I have started but not signed to...
  14. D

Re: M.E. Community Trust.org Local Support Groups

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. This letter, which appeared in my own local newspaper, yesterday (Our priority is reliable independent research, Bristol Evening Post, 30 January 2012 --...
  15. D

There's worse off than us

Letter, Re: Pretend disabled really ARE sick (The Sun, 26 January 2012) PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. The Sun Letters. Rod Liddle is on my list of, "Nasty Pieces of Work" (others on it are...
  16. D

BBC TV: The stories of five ME sufferers, their descent into illness and quest...

Letter, Re: ME survivor to talk on BBC (The Scotsman, 21 January 2012) http://www.scotsman.com/news/health/me_survivor_to_talk_on_bbc_1_2070357 PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. The Scotsman...
  17. D

IT: 'I never imagined my sister would die' Roisin Wilson about her sister Sophia

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Irish Times Letters. Until we identify M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) as a seriously disabling neurological illness, with a physiological cause and...
  18. D

A new phrase for 2012: "pulling a PACE"!

One example of why "pacing" may not be recommended for M.E. sufferers, eh? Well done to all those who are drawing attention to the serious flaws in this work.
  19. D

My new year's resolution 2012

Letter, Re: David Cameron's pledge to protect NHS clouded by emerging reality of cuts (Guardian, 27 December 2011) PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Guardian Letters. Cc: Denis Campbell...
  20. D

Re: Leading research into fatigue syndrome (Bristol Evening Post, 16 December 2011)

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Bristol Evening Post Letters. The research announced at Frenchay Hospital (Leading research into fatigue syndrome, Bristol Evening Post, 16 December 2011...
  21. D

ME/CFS Conundrum

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. It is often said that the illness M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) is "also known as" Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" (CFS). Further, that CFS is preferred by...
  22. D

Keeping a diary for M.E.

UPDATE: Keeping a diary for M.E. and My M.E. Diary 2012 Trial (6 December 2012) PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Thanks to Action for M.E.'s Daily Press Summary for an update of coverage...
  23. D

Keeping a diary for M.E.

So many people with M.E.already do, Morgaine, so it is just a question of fomalising it for optimum mutual benefit. And I do see doctors being interested in what patients have to say, when they know that it is in an assumed name and confidentiality is as secure as it can be. I see it as quite a...
  24. D

Keeping a diary for M.E.

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Letters to the Editor. Many people affected by the illness M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) have been keeping a diary for decades. It is an ideal way to...
  25. D

M.E. Christmas wish list.

Probably - and quite unsurprisingly, I think - the most common, ixchelkli. It's just gotta change, hasn't it?
  26. D

A few have been alomg this path, Allyb and would be inclined to say that you are far too lenient !
  27. D

I'll try to report back with a good round-up of the wishes: most frequent, quirkiest etc. I think this is the best so far -- who wouldn't want this?
  28. D

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. On your M.E. sufferers' Christmas wish list, apart from, "A cure for M.E. please", what would you ask for? (As with puppies, your wish doesn't have to be...
  29. D

Letter, Re: Ali Smith at Winter Wordfest, Cambridge News, 24 November 2011

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Writer Ali Smith is the latest in a lengthy line of renowned people whose careers have been interrupted by an illness which is commonly described, as it is here (Ali...
  30. D

International Consensus Criteria (ICC) make all previous criteria obsolete? Discuss.

International Consensus Criteria (ICC) 2011 render all previous criteria obsolete? Discuss (16 November 2011) PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE RE-TWEET ON TWITTER. Until we have a universally agreed diagnostic test...