• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ratdog

Sleep Study. Do results confirm cfs/fibro?

Hi SOC, Thank you for your info, and caring enough to take time to post. Funny, right before the sleep study, I told my heart dr I always felt like I could not get a full breath, my chest was tight, or hurt a little on right side, or felt as if someone was standing on my chest on right side...
  2. ratdog

Sleep Study. Do results confirm cfs/fibro?

New Sleep Study Results. I am 6'3" 234 lbs, fatigued or extremely tired all the time, have had high blood pressure since age 19, now 49. I addition to the pain I feel all the time, I have Crohn's, hypothyroidism, hypogonadism, anxiety, fibro and depression. I take prescribed meds for all of...
  3. ratdog

Two major test results.

Ema, I need to send you a private message and I do not see that option. I have something I need to tell you and not post for the world to see. How can I do that?
  4. ratdog

Two major test results.

Hi Ema, Thanks for your fast reply. When the dr called and told me my labs looked good and it appeared I had no problem with my adrenals, and he offered to mail me a copy of my results, I said yes, thank you. First time I have ever received copies of labs that had the acceptable range of each...
  5. ratdog

Two major test results.

Hi Everyone, It's been a long four months. Two hernia's repaired, colonoscopy w/biopsys, and more med adjustments, with hydrocortisone or prednisone not helping at all. My gastro dr referred me to an endo in Charlotte NC that knows about adrenals. He took me off my 10mg per day of hydrocort. (I...
  6. ratdog

Two major test results.

Thanks for your interest. I have to ask, it that pic for your profile really you? You have got some incredible arms. Ok, to answer you question, I take 75mcg og Synthroid every morning about 6AM. I wait at leat 1 hour before taking any more meds, or eating or drinking. I have split my test...
  7. ratdog

Two major test results.

Ema, have you been on her site in a while, I see no way to contact her or join her forum. It redirects me to another site with only two posts
  8. ratdog

Two major test results.

Ric and Ema, thanks again, Ema the endo that prescribed the testosterone injections was my first one. She is the one that did the Cort. Stim test. Her notes said low normal starting cortisol levels at 8AM, but failure to rise enough. She diagnosed me "Mild Adrenal Insuff" and put me on 5mg of...
  9. ratdog

Two major test results.

Thanks for all the helpful input. I got some very stange lab results in today. Luteinizing Hormone Result <0.1 Flagged Low Units IU/L Range 1.7-8.6 FSH Serum Result 0.3 Flagged Low Units IU/L Range 1.5-12.4 Testosterone Serum Result 743 Unitsng/dl Range 300-890 I inject .375ml of Testosterone...
  10. ratdog

Two major test results.

Thank you Ric and Ema for once again all your good advice I will try to answer a few of your questions with a lab result that I have not posted before. Ema, I still take 10mg of hydrocortisone at 8AM and 5mg at 2PM. I never really saw a major improvement that I could really "feel" with...
  11. ratdog

Two major test results.

I went to see np yesterday, and learned a lot. A new blood test, that predicts you have Crohns, came back positive. Makes good sense to me, with all the gastro problems I have. Another blood test showed my body has a major overgrowth of Candidia. So I am supposed to follow a strict diet to kill...
  12. ratdog

uncontrollable shivering.

Have you ever had your cortisol level checked? This sounds like an adrenal problem.
  13. ratdog

Message for Ric, Ema, and Marlene

Ema, the first group of test results were done fasting, at 8AM, The labs drawn on July 2nd at 11:20AM were non-fasting, I had no idea he was ordering labs, when I questioned him why was the renin so far out of range, he said, nothing to be concerned about, he said your meds for high BP were...
  14. ratdog

Message for Ric, Ema, and Marlene

I have been going thru all my recent endo visit labs, thinking more about what you all said. On June 10th at 8AM I had these labs drawn Renin Activity=17.1 ng/ml/hr=range adult upright 0.5-4.0 ng/ml/hr Aldosterone=14.5 ng/dl=range 4.0-31 ng/dl Bilirubin=1.8mg/dl=range 0.2-1.3 MCH=33.5pg=range...
  15. ratdog

Possible symptoms that back up CFS of mine

Thanks for all the support. I have spent part of the day looking and reading other folks posts, looking for clues. I have another apt. with my GP on thursday. Looking thru the tons of blood work I have had done, I noticed a few things that may be markers that I indeed have CFS. One site said an...
  16. ratdog

Hello, My first post. EBV AB VCA, IGG >8 Left my job. Sick.

Thanks to all for taking time to read and share advice. As far as the Addison's go, I hoped that was my disorder, because I knew the hydrocortisone would help. My endo said from the start your am cortisol is much higher than someone with Addison's, he said someone with true Addison's would have...
  17. ratdog

Thanks GG so much for the doctor list. This may be helpful in the future if I do not start to feel better as she thinks. Have a great day.
  18. ratdog

Thanks Ema for the reply, I was afraid my post was getting too long, so I did not tell the whole story with the endo. I was given the ACTH stim test, after driving 1 hour in rush hour traffic, at 8AM. Pre injection cortisol was 8.4 one hour later was 12.7 I was started on 20mg of hydrocort per...
  19. ratdog

Hi, Thank you for letting me join the forum. I almost feel comforted in reading some of your posts, it makes me feel not alone. My story would take too long to tell in full, so here is the short version. I really need your help on what to do next. I am a 49 yr old white male, I have worked full...