• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Trine & Tribune All Over Contamination Theories

amy rocks, chicago tribune is on the side of the psychomafia since ages
  2. R

Blood Products Advisory Committee Meeting Announcement (BPAC) December 14-15, 2010

maybe the opcoming webcast will bring out more details hopefully the singh paper will come out soon and if it confirms the wpi findings and is done fully blinded, we have another big horse in this race.
  3. R

Blood Products Advisory Committee Meeting Announcement (BPAC) December 14-15, 2010

leGrice said some months ago the contamination issue would be ruled out (or not) in next couple of weeks. after all these waiting, we got nothing. still stoye/coffin versus judy and alter about comtamination yes or no...nothing has changed since the xmrv workshop, same discrepancies still exist...
  4. R

Article: The Singh XMRV Patent The Next Cancer for XMRV? Prostate Cancer Results Validated/Progress

"The XMRV in semen finding had important implications because XMRV showed up in the semen in exactly the same percentage (7%) of healthy controls as tested positive in the original Science study" Thought Science paper found about 4% in healthy, not 7% Pnas paper found 7%... but it still...
  5. R

German Aerzteblatt: "XMRV not human pathogenic"

we couldnt find XMRV in hep c patients so XMRV is not pathogenic??? what a kind of crap reasoning...totally mafia sponsored article. okay so lets test 200 hep c patients for HIV now we didnt find HIV in them so HIV cannot be pathogenic so all HIV patients are crazy, its just in their heads
  6. R

2 more studies that found, you guessed it, zero XMRV

maybe i missed this, but did anyone mention that Myra mc clure is co author of one of these new studies? http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/657167 Failure to Detect Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus–Related Virus in Blood of Individuals at High Risk of Blood‐Borne Viral...
  7. R

VIP Dx testing for XMRV

should these "rules" also apply to the serology test. I used antibiotics just a few days before my blood was drawn for serology test. My blood is still at reb labs belgium now, and I wanted it to send to vip dx.. but when i read this i doubt if its the right thing to do... dont wanne pay €219...
  8. R

Red labs XMRV serology testing... any experience,insights or information?

the serology test is on the application form, and also on the dutch one... but i have the same concerns about the test as you have... it might not be super reliable, we dont know yet. But i think i will take it though
  9. R

Hot News! Patints Congres by De Meirler and Roelants on XMRV (22 sept.2010)

berthe, thnx for your great report!!! But , are you really sure that KDM said this ? the blomberg slides (from slide 22) say that he just tested 50 ME/CFS patients which came from prof gottfries and not from KDM http://regist2.virology-education.com/1XMRV/docs/29_Blomberg.pdf even more...
  10. R

Myra McClure AGAIN ! Must watch interview

if you wait for mc clure and weasly you could wait for another 20 years . contamination in WPI, CC, NCI, FDA, NIH, hanson's lab, german resp tract study, chinese study which found 4% in healthy people, jap study which also found it in healty people? and also contamination at Vipdx and Redlabs...
  11. R

Myra McClure (On now)

after the letter from Annette to McClure, and the reply, many people still had the opinion that Mcclure was just an innocent victim of Weasley, who had used her and her lab for getting his crap study done. I hope that , after her xmrv workshop appearance, and now this conference, nobody still...
  12. R

XMRV Workshop Program

Cort: from your buzz: mikovits did include the word infectious already in the science addendum : Detection of an infectious retrovirus, XMRV, in blood cells of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/virulence/article/MikovitisVIRU1-5.pdf so why would...
  13. R

XMRV, De Meirleir and Van der Meer on Dutch television tonight 8/30

Jemal, thnx for the great job you did, it was quite a lot of text! microplasm ->he means mycoplasmas een verwekker i translated to causative agent , or pathogen, i think that is what he refers to. thnx for the great work, its very much appreciated!!!
  14. R

Testing for MLV's!

WPI just licensed vipdx to do the test, you must see them as two seperate entities. when months ago the culture test was released by vipdx, the site at that time also said that WPI had been giving an exclusive license to VIpdx to do the testing. has nothing to do with government approval.
  15. R

Meirleir confirms XMRV findings in Europe

i dunno.. but i remember the h2s thing: first press release, then some presentations... so he doesnt have a quite "regular" way of bringing things... but i think that (and this is a just thought) he did the test red labs "learned" from Vipdx and maybe also the Antibody test from Vipdx (which...
  16. R

translated to English: Research in CFS into higher gear Wednesday, August 25, 2010 BRUSSELS - More and more scientific studies link chronic fatigue syndrome to a family of viruses. Scientists from the Free University of Brussels (VUB) , and the Belgian biotech company RED Laboratories...
  17. R

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail.aspx?artikelid=H92UEIJL&subsection=173 new article today, some additions: Onderzoek naar CVS in stroomversnelling woensdag 25 augustus 2010 BRUSSEL - Steeds meer wetenschappelijke studies linken het chronischevermoeidheidssyndroom aan een familie...
  18. R

google translate, seems fine to me at first sight VUB researchers find new virus in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome Researchers at the Free University of Brussels (VUB) and the Belgian biotech company Red Laboratories have succeeded in distinguishing a new retrovirus in patients with...
  19. R

http://www.nieuws.be/nieuws/VUB-onderzoekers_vinden_nieuw_virus_bij_patienten_met_chronisch_vermoeidheidssyndroom_6a743703.aspx VUB-onderzoekers vinden nieuw virus bij patinten met chronisch vermoeidheidssyndroom Onderzoekers van de Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) en van het Belgisch...
  20. R

NIH/FDA XMRV Paper by Dr. Alter Out!

press release said it would be online today but its not...strange
  21. R

NIH/FDA XMRV Paper by Dr. Alter Out!

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/recent its not online???!!!
  22. R

Mikovits interview states the FDA will confirm WPI findings in a Sept publication

thnx, for this. But what is meant by "next week"? today is sunday (WPI thing was yesterday), and next week starts tomorrow so can it still be tuesday? or do I have to interpret this as "not the upcoming week but the next one" :Retro smile:
  23. R

Mikovits interview states the FDA will confirm WPI findings in a Sept publication

of course the paper is one paper by FDA/NIH. this was mentioned by hillary johnson already in june : http://oslersweb.com/blog.htm?post=718351 "Lastly, the authors of the PNAS paper, though venerable, were from the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration." "Alter’s...
  24. R

@ Sunshine i see you didnt understand the essence of the point i was making WPI literally said that their study was confirmed by FDA, and that this study will be published in september, how much clearer can they say things? and then you commented that WPI were maybe referring to another (maybe...
  25. R

Two Reno scientists, who last year discovered a new infectious human retrovirus they linked to chronic fatigue syndrome, said Monday that their findings have been replicated and confirmed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. did you read the article in RGJ??? please don't post all this...
  26. R

Why would Judy say that a paper (FDA) appearing in september finally confirmed their paper, if there was another paper (NIH/alter/PNAS?) which would do the same thing before that date. makes no sense. even less sense by just saying it, without a source, like it was a well known fact for ages...
  27. R

Mindy already reported that resuls werent changed. And would you think that the study who found 80% XMRV and confirmed lombardi study, if they found other results in 2 weeks or so retesting, that they would publish it in weeks? thats no good reasoning: first u find 80% and present at zagreb...
  28. R

september is what i heard and said here before... but no problem for me if it would be released earlier