• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. KIO

What's your opinion of Dr Myhill?

"And now for a bit of good news! AMP can be recycled, but slowly. Interestingly, the enzyme which does this (cyclic AMP) is activated by caffeine! So the perfect pick-me-up for CFS sufferers could be a real black organic coffee with a teaspoon of D-ribose!"...
  2. KIO

Reaction to local anaesthetic

Hello everybody! My experience: - from the dentist's anesthesia, even without adrenaline, I always go vaguely drunk. - I did the tests for allergies to local anesthetic: I am allergic only to the articinaine. - Two days ago, they made me 3 local anesthesia, lidocaine (for skin sampling) ...
  3. KIO

Naviaux et. al.: Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome

I have already heard, sick ME / CFS to say: "Maybe we are mutants ..." ;-)
  4. KIO

What do you think of the IOM's new name for ME/CFS? VOTE!

I read in a ME forum in Czech: the acceding countries to WHO can not deny the existence of diseases classified by WHO. They risk processes.
  5. KIO

What Should This Disease Be Officially Called?

is not a direct answer to the question of Sidereal... but considering the fact that in medicine,, every doctor knows, the clinical facts prevails over the laboratory: http://www.hfme.org/wramsay.htm http://paradigmchange.me/early-literature/ (just a list) Also in other encephalitis and...
  6. KIO

Sidereal, But the WHO called her so, according to the findings of the autopsy, and the evidence ... no?
  7. KIO

I noticed too. Exactly! and it is exactly what we have to avoid it happening!
  8. KIO

Because patients M. E. want to change a name that already exists, for me remains a mystery. Need a name, just one, short, precise, unambiguous. If you incoming in the emergency room and I feel bad of not being able to talk and think, I can not hold a conference to medical triage, to explain...
  9. KIO

The problem that I see. If you do not make so many problems to keep the name "malaria" Now they know the cause, because they have to do so be squeamish with ME, which is already well described? I see in so much bad will. There are lots of diseases that have "unknown cause" and are not "well...
  10. KIO

The Disease of a Thousand Names, Compiled by Melissa Kaplan: http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/names.html "
  11. KIO

"Myalgic Encephalopathy" clinically, not describe the ME It it only creates a new disaster that leaves the understanding of ME: I propose again: http://www.hfme.org/problemswithnamechange.htm
  12. KIO

= Min: We have a name: Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Stop! of all possible disasters, I think Ramsay's Disease is still the least worst. But my idea is very close to this: http://www.hfme.org/problemswithnamechange.htm
  13. KIO

What do you think of the IOM's new name for ME/CFS? VOTE!

: D in Italian could become: Systemic Disease Intolerance Exertion, translate: Malattia Intolleranza Sistemica Sforzo... that is: Miss! in Italy there is a forum: CFSItalia, would become... Miss Italia?! would surely have more readers ;)
  14. KIO

severe osteoporosis

Hi Sherlock! Thanks for the updates. I'm reading about this topic. I see that there is no consensus on the ideal dosage of MK -? ... I will look into. I'm reading more and more that the intake of calcium for osteoporosis: or that is not the solution, or is dangerous to other aspects of health...
  15. KIO

severe osteoporosis

Dear Professor Jonathan Edwards, thanks for the contribution. But it it is not absolutely my experience! The first thing that did think my doctors it was osteoporosis were bone pain. Everything I've read on osteoporosis (sites dedicated to the topic) said: "In general gives no pain", "is almost...
  16. KIO

severe osteoporosis

Dear Debbie, I am saddened for your serious condition! Lived at a young age. Even to me, these your pain seem more typical ME / CFS. But I know that young people with severe ME / CFS may have osteoporosis. It may be that long periods in bed, without sun, contribute. But I know people with...
  17. KIO

severe osteoporosis

@Little Bluestem I thank you for your contribution! and for a clarification on folic acid, that interests me.
  18. KIO

severe osteoporosis

Sherlock, thanks for your contribution!!! :) I looked. It is very interesting, even for the complementary benefits of vitamin K2. I'll see if it is practicable for me. -------------------------------------------------- - true that is not bad my translation? My automatic translator you call...
  19. KIO

severe osteoporosis

oops! I forgot that there exists a time zone! Only when you can!
  20. KIO

severe osteoporosis

Thanks Sherlock! :) Of course not ..! I had read something about ... But I do not remember where. Kindly, have you from this a serious and comprehensive link to offer me? I have to go to my doctor soon, and do not have much time right for research. If you can make me a great pleasure! Thank You...
  21. KIO

severe osteoporosis

Sorry! Forgot: after one and a half years from the Prolia, the aggravation of osteoporosis is slowed down: instead of the usual point more each year, I had one more point of gravity in two years. curious because a cuase of worsening general have been much longer in bed! maybe not the absence of...
  22. KIO

severe osteoporosis

Hello everyone! Two years later, maybe it is fair to give an update. I have the pear-shaped body. I have cellulite on my legs since adolescence. I never had cellulite on abdomen and arms. So, choosing the right clothes, I could cheat well. ;) At the beginning of 2013 I made one, single, puncture...
  23. KIO

severe osteoporosis

Hello Cindy! I have 57 years. I have ME/CFS by 27 years. In 2009 I made bone densitometry, they found "surprisingly severe osteoporosis, not compatible with age". I redid the bone densitometry exam last year, and the situation has worsened. The medical report strongly suggests to "investigate...
  24. KIO

My visits with Dr. Byron Hyde

Ooops!:oops: Gamboa, I'm sorry! I've seen now in your profile that you are "Pathologist Assistant" .. What I wrote above: "I think it's always "dangerous" to interpret the results of examinations, by non-professionals, without all the necessary competence,, alone, with the search engines...!"...
  25. KIO

My visits with Dr. Byron Hyde

I think it's always "dangerous" to interpret the results of examinations, by non-professionals, without all the necessary competence,, alone, with the search engines...! Anyway ... Dear Gamboa, :) (I'm sorry, I do not know English, I write with automatic translators) I'm not inclined to throw...