• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. insignificount

Very Important News regarding Dr Myhill and the GMC

The thread that was removed was about someone else. The large thread about Dr Myhill was _moved_ to somewhere (where a decision about its fate would be made), but got accidentally deleted in the process. The other thread (about the second IOP hearing) was also moved, but it hasn't been...
  2. insignificount

The MASSIVE one (with 10000 posts in it) has gone.
  3. insignificount

Actually, it was accidentally deleted. At the time of writing, that is the only thread about Dr Myhill (and for what it's worth, it wasn't the first thread about her website) that isn't coming back.
  4. insignificount

BBC names Myhill website complainant

The problem with this line of thinking/argument is that nobody would ever complain about anything if somebody suffering severe consequences/penalties as a result of the complaint being upheld is universally considered to be an unacceptable outcome. It's the responsibility of those who might be...
  5. insignificount

See... you're doing it again... it's just not possible for Dr Myhill's website to contain reams of nonsense that can justifiably be complained about, so it's all Stuart Jones' fault... urged on by his evil senior colleagues... even though none of the specific sections of Myhill's website that...
  6. insignificount

The only pattern I see emerging is one called "what has happened to Dr Myhill cannot possibly be her fault in anyway whatsoever, so let's blame/scapegoat the complainant because they obviously didn't think that their actions would have such serious consequences", with the implication being that...
  7. insignificount

Dr MyHill's License in Jeopardy

My friend with ME/CFS said it worked for her. I should have made that more clear. It's her life/body, not mine. Sorry. And it wasn't used in isolation; she's had to make a lot of lifestyle/diet changes too. She's been ill since her teens (over 20 years), but she's managed to make a partial...
  8. insignificount

Can you be a bit more specific about this belief in the placebo effect? I'm only familiar with the placebo effect as an explanation for why someone might not just merely feel better (i.e. they actually have a small but measurable improvement in their health) after being pampered by a...
  9. insignificount

A few more Bad Science threads on the Lighting Process (which I found a while ago when I trying to work out reverse/mickel therapy was all about, which is the thing that one of my ME/CFS friends [for whom it worked] is convinced is the answer to all of my mental health issues, but I've yet to be...
  10. insignificount

I will address (or at least try to) these points later on today, so I would be grateful if this thread could be kept open until then. If it gets locked, I'll just have to PM people... However, what I will say for now it that I haven't posted anything on this forum to wind people up and I'm not...
  11. insignificount

Simon Wesseley posted a comment on scepticat's blog post/article about Dr Myhill's GMC hearing and the "board wars" etc. - link to comment - you may or may not find that interesting. I'm also aware that ME/CFS is a catch-all/wastebasket diagnoses for a group of patients that might be...
  12. insignificount

I posted your comments on the placebo effect over at Bad Science (and Mark's question) because I genuinely didn't understand what were you talking about (and because I thought you had a valid question/interest, but were too angry with "us" to bother asking), and the response was a couple of...
  13. insignificount

I think you are confusing trolling with posting things that off-topic or something. In my (internet) experience, trolls are usually rude, antagonistic, disruptive, and mendacious. I don't think I've been any of those in my dealings with you. All the best. I.
  14. insignificount

My illness is a mental one which only physically disables me when I become severely depressed (and stop eating/drinking properly or end up spending all day in bed). I don't know how or if I would cope if I was physically incapacitated for most of the time, so everyone here has my sympathy (even...
  15. insignificount

Quick clarification (and I'm not being pedantic or playing at power games; I've been ill for two decades [but not with ME/CFS], but I don't confuse my experience of being ill with being an expert on my illness): The BNF (and I've got a copy on my desk atm) includes both "over-the-counter"...
  16. insignificount

Hi Mark, Here is a link to a transcript (it's a .pdf file) of the hearing: LINK Is that what you're trying to find? That's all I'm going to say for now, but I would like to know why my previous username/account ("insignificant") was banned. Which of my posts in this thread broke the...