• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Water retention how do I cure it?

Serum Potassium & Sodium are simple blood tests. They usually are part of the CMP (in USA) elsewhere are part of KFT (Kidney Function Test) or called U& E (Urea & Electrolytes). RBC Magnesium & RBC Potassium are NOT part of anything else & need to be asked for separately. Note not all Labs do...
  2. L

Water retention how do I cure it?

Water Retention & Electrolytes Water retention is caused by electrolyte imbalances mainly Sodium & Potassium but also Calcium & Magnesium. If Sodium & Potassium are too low or not balanced then you have issues. You need good Sodium levels (upper 1/4 of Ref Range) to properly hydrate the...
  3. L

Dr MyHill's License in Jeopardy

For those who are concerned to preserve/have access to her website info I recently (thanks to another poster) became aware of a free software program that allows you to copy an entire website & access it on your own computer. Here is the link http://www.httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html It's...