• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Danesh

Cicero Galli Coimbra Vitamin D Protocol for Autoimmune Diseases

I just read through this thread, as I will be seeing a new integrative MD who works with ME/CFS patients in Arizona and uses this protocol. I almost didn't look this up, I thought the 5,000 to 8,000 or so IU I take orally daily would be considered high. dose. I will return after I'm on it and...
  2. Danesh

Ampligen and Naviaux's discovery of dauer state

If anyone of you are still following this thread after all these months, can you describe the subset that seem to respond to interferon (and possibly then Ampligen)? Does Dr. Chia treat only ME/CFS patients who show an active infection of certain viruses, such as HHV6 or EB? I was disappointed...
  3. Danesh

CFIDS Doctor in Arizona?

SunMoonsStars Were you able to try out Dr. Shelton or Dr. Ellsworth, recommended by GG 2 years ago? I was Dr. Rigden's patient, who retired. Have not found one knowledgable of ME/CFS, still looking, desperate. Had similar experience to yours, with an integrative dr, kind, took time, but wanted...
  4. Danesh

Stopping Armour - more ill than ever!

Just heard about Dr. Kenneth Blanchard's book "Functional Approach to Hypothyroidism". He may be American, but has anyone heard of it, or read it? Supposedly he comes from years of research and has some new approaches that encompass multiple hormonal systems, traditional and natural therapies...
  5. Danesh

Danesh

6. Danesh

Dr. Kenneth Blanchard's book "Functional Approach to Hypothyroidism" and thyroid treatments

Anyone read this? Is it new or different info from the basic Armour Thyroid treatment types? Heard is mix of research for 20. 30 years and links to other systems, hormones etc. Supposedly challenges some of the traditional views, lab testing results and treatments... may not link info to ME/CFS...
  7. Danesh

Stress triggered my ME/CFS & Need treatment for Sensory Overload

You sound like me. I have canceled two visitors, including Thanksgiving, and will not go out anywhere for a monthor more before the wedding. But it IS hard to turn off the radio, audio book, or movie and just lie there and talk to God, or be silent, AFTER you have recovered from a crash...
  8. Danesh

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone. Some familiar, some reminders, some new. Bless you!
  9. Danesh

Most of the treatments I've had and use seem to target symptoms common to viral induced CFS... my immune system is hyper, anxiety comes easily, but I never get a cold or flu. My CFS begain after high stress over years, and my symptoms are worsened by stress. Some I can't change (adult daughter...