• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

ME: bitterest row yet in a long saga

Heh heh, yes, it does get surreal over there. They use gender-hopping as a form of insult, at least by calling men women (I haven't seen it the other way round), in which the 'c' word is particularly popular. Basically, if someone posts something there that doesn't fit the BS world view, they...
  2. M

ME: bitterest row yet in a long saga

As a longtime lurker on the BS forums, I just wanted to point out that the member there who is often referred to by the nickname 'volcano' (which is not actually their member name) and was mentioned in the offending post, is in fact a man, not a woman. Regarding the offending comment, it was...
  3. M

CFS etc over on Bad Science

Just wanted to say that I've been lurking at the badscience forums for the past few days - I started with the Dr Myhill thread and then the two offshoot threads they set up regarding Simon Wessely and CFS/ME - What Treatments Are There. I am not easily shocked, I can tell you, but what I saw...