• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. sensing progress

Llewellyn King interviews Dr. Alan Pocinki: ME/CFS Alert, Episode 51

What happened to the ME/CFS Alert, Episode 51 youtube video?
  2. sensing progress

ME/CFS is a mast cell disorder (hypothesis)

Why is that? Can you please elaborate a bit.
  3. sensing progress

Lithium Testing and Supplements?

much better in what way?
  4. sensing progress

Gut Problems, Allergies, AutoImmune all linked to GMO pathogens

Thanks for sharing leela! Will check it out.
  5. sensing progress

fructose intolerance

Thought this was a interesting blog going into the danger of high fructose consumption: http://blog.trackyourplaque.com/category/fructose
  6. sensing progress

Status of Rituximab-ME/CFS Studies

Where did you learn so much about immunology MishMash? You seem pretty knowledgeable.
  7. sensing progress

fructose intolerance

interesting peggy sue, thanks for posting.
  8. sensing progress

fructose intolerance

Agree 100%! I say that all the time. You know, a couple decades ago the tobacco companies bought up several of the big American processed food companies. I think they figured they needed a new addictive product since tobacco was becoming heavily regulated. High fructose corn syrup is like toxic...
  9. sensing progress

fructose intolerance

how long ago was it that you saw this Dr. Jesse Stoff?
  10. sensing progress

fructose intolerance

Is there a medical test for fructose intolerance? And for those that have this symptom, how do you get your antioxidants? Mostly supplementation?
  11. sensing progress

It's all in the Gut. Why we get ME/CFS

thanks GcMAF, I sent them a request. do you currently get treatment with Dr. Lewis or know anyone who does?
  12. sensing progress

"The Drug" - The Rituximab Story...From the Beginning to the Present....

I didn't see an interview with Dr’s Mella and Fluge in the Invest In ME newsletter. Just the article by Jorgen describing the doctor's discovery of Rituximab as a treatment for ME/CFS. Is that what you are referring to as the interview, Cort?
  13. sensing progress

I love that Mella and Fluge are pushing ahead with a Etanercept (Enbrel) trial as well, even with the success of their first Rituximab trial. They are doing more towards advancing patient treatment options than any other group by far IMO!
  14. sensing progress

Vasopressin - Bingo

I have been trying to find a doctor who will prescribe Desmopressin for a while now. A few years ago I benefited greatly from taking salt tablets, which I believe helped me to retain water and thus boost my blood volume back to normal. However, the effect wore off after about a month. I have...
  15. sensing progress

Dr. Kogelnik interviewed in MECFS Alert Episode 22/23 re Open Medicine Institute

thanks for posting that info Wally. I wonder what got Dr. Kogelnik interested in ME/CFS - do you know?
  16. sensing progress

Think I've cured Fructose Malabsorption

I'm not sugar expert but pretty sure I read somewhere that maltodextrin is derived from corn...
  17. sensing progress

athene, what's the difference between Fructose Malabsorption and Leaky Gut Syndrome? Is it just a form of LGS? Anyway I ordered the two supplements you mentioned and will give them a shot!
  18. sensing progress

That is so encouraging Athene! I am trying to find the two supps you mentioned at swansonvitamins.com, can you help? I found the 2nd one here: https://www.swansonvitamins.com/JR147/ItemDetail But no luck on the Jarrow N Acetyl Glucosamine 750mg, do you see it? Edit - is this it here...
  19. sensing progress

Hi Athene, what's this about cortisol making you detox a lot more? Never heard of that. Are you taking cortisol/cortef? Btw, thanks for your initial post, I'm excited to try those supplements myself.
  20. sensing progress

thanks for the update Persimmon!
  21. sensing progress

List of conventional and potential treatments for POTS/OI

what about Vasopressin/Desmopressin (synthetic anti-diuretic hormone)? I know some patients have taken that for fluid retention and it has helped boost blood volume and lessen/resolve OI issues. http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=8361
  22. sensing progress

thanks for making this thread Persimmon!
  23. sensing progress

Mella & Fluge will launch major national ME study (update)

Hopefully you can report back on what is discussed! Although last year I think those attending where asked to remain silent on the preliminary Rituximab results until the paper was published.
  24. sensing progress

Rituximab and MS - a quick question

I agree, it's an excellent story. i read it several times so that's why I was able to know it was the article you were referring to. Pass it on!
  25. sensing progress

Rituximab and MS - a quick question

believe you're referring to this one: http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/science/switch-off-switch-on#full