• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. 5150

lack of sleep

getting desperate. anybody know of a a good on-line pharmacy that won't rip me off ? Thanks
  2. 5150

Dr. Nath (NIH) in the fast paced search to the cause of ME/CFS coming up!

I know one is myesthenia gravis. where the legs can't hold up. Quite painful i have heard.
  3. 5150

Dr. Nath (NIH) in the fast paced search to the cause of ME/CFS coming up!

Something positive needs to happen in the research. // I know, patience. I also know that if a had a choice of coming back here and living in this condition (in my next life), I would decline. Why have life if it's this way? Been fighting thru this hell a long time, and the Golden Years...
  4. 5150

How Do I Get Rid Of A Cold Sore?

hi , saw your situation and hoped to share what works with me. Prevention, most important. Things that stress you emotionally & physically, will lower the immune strength so low as to let the virus show itself. Too long in hot sun,too many close calls with a junk food / all the sugars and...
  5. 5150

Is there any positive upcoming news???

I just know that I'm tired of feeling so bad , all the time, just surviving ,until we have found the reasons for our illness(es). At some point I will die and not care anymore. right? might be today, maybe 5 years? who knows. Hope is a name I almost don't recognize.
  6. 5150

Honey for sleep

I think the kind of honey used in the way it's described here is the key. That Aseda from africa was just way strong , and it acted as an "upper" so to speak... one tiny sip and it was like 3 cups of caffeine coffee! Haven't used Manuka (by itself) but am thinking, next.// a clean...
  7. 5150

Looking very aged and gaunt when CFS symptoms flare up+bad skin...do other people experience this?

----------------------------------- @Wolfcub too : maybe gluten is also your enemy? are you being helped by any probiotics? some of our issues are just gut related as they start, but move on to worse conditions. I am helped by VSL #3 ... a bit pricey but saving a life is well worth it...
  8. 5150

freefall

----------------------------------------- My heart goes out to you as I have been in your position myself. Do you have a helper/ sig. other, friend? Because if you're alone in this, that is not good. When I was going down from vit D deficiency and B12 deficiency, my wife made gluten free...
  9. 5150

Looking very aged and gaunt when CFS symptoms flare up+bad skin...do other people experience this?

I don't know the full biological process, but I remember hearing that face fat goes away when someone gets this crummy disease. It's bad enough when it happens to a man, but a woman surely takes pride in her beauty and rightfully so. It is harder, I would think.
  10. 5150

Honey for sleep

________________________________________________ ^ certainly like this info ^ I read this post yesterday, gathered my great honeys not-yet-finished, enough for the Cup (Aseda wild from Africa, Dr. Mercola's raw, and a bit of Manuka, put in the 2 TSP of acv, and waited until about 15 minutes...
  11. 5150

low appetite

I understand that, as that's how I am too... Beyond Annoying. I can't tell if I have a stomach ache or if I'm hungry instead. (yes, feels like starving) instead. so to be on the safe side, at that time I force myself to eat something... even if it isn't something I like. yuk
  12. 5150

Mixing oils and powders?

You will know if you do an experiment of one each way. That which isnt appealing, don't make it again. If it works & tastes the way you want it to taste, bingo : Winner. Best hopes for enjoying your health-drink.
  13. 5150

Sleep Pattern Rotates from Insomnia to Oversleeping

Very sorry to know this pattern is happening with you. Nothing to offer in terms of what could help... we are trying to be consistent because good habits help in the long run. You seem very aware of the situation, but answers are different for different people. I would put some time into...
  14. 5150

Anxiety

This may be different, but it's been working lately. Two tinctures taken when anxiety is First noticed. 1.Sleep Ease, by Woodland Essence [catnip, passionflower,Linden flower, Calif poppy, & chamomile] 2.BaikalSkullcap, from dried root , also made by Woodland Essence mix in a glass...
  15. 5150

Skin biopsy without anesthesia

Sorry to be away so long...unavoidable . The diameter of these punch biopsies is about 2 to 10mm. On the body, it is done distally at the distal leg - calf, and proximally at the thigh. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC/18853051 <--page will not load (sorry)
  16. 5150

Skin biopsy without anesthesia

Skin biopsy punch hole is deeper than one might imagine. / Reaction to pain is an individual thing. Some can take it better than others.
  17. 5150

How young doctors view us?

And I see them as brain-dead. Go to my appointments with me... you will understand that most know NOTHING about our lives of illness. N O T H I N G .
  18. 5150

I need to sleep! Help !!!!!

@Learner1 Perhaps you will share the specifics of the"lab testing" that found the drivers to your insomnia? and the resulting program you are using to bring an all-night sleep? Thank you.
  19. 5150

---------------------------------------------------------- Kavinace did not touch my insomnia & anxiety. I think for the extreme cases (which we apparently have), unfortunately the healthy approach isn't so effective. Not a "severe" case of ME yet, but severe symptoms of no sleep and bad...
  20. 5150

URGENTLY HELP NEEDED FOR SEVERE ME SUFFERER IN UK

Very sorry to hear of yet another UK case of severe medical hardship , and hope for the best outcome for your friend. Bless you for trying to help. Wish I could do something worthwhile to help all of us, but Prayers is all I can offer.
  21. 5150

For my extreme anxiety, supplements don't do the job, so I take prescription Ativan. Other benzo class meds may be more helpful; everyone is different and reactions may differ... so finding the one that fits one's personal needs may be experimental search. For extreme insomnia like we have, I...
  22. 5150

SIBO and Calcium D Glucarate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If some one's anxiety can be controlled by HBasil, 5HTP, etc and no pharmaceuticals needed, that anxiety case is not too bad. Those supplements won't touch my insomnia & anxiety, no...
  23. 5150

EBV results and reactivation?

@birb Interesting this subject has arisen now, because the past 2 weeks I've been reading about how The Medical Medium site(Anthony William) has been saying he thinks the entire sickness is All EBV, but different symptoms are just the EBV in its' current stage... which will then go on to morph...
  24. 5150

What works for your anhedonia?

This is a serious reply , so I hope nobody thinks it isn't. This problem perhaps might be solved or mitigated by hypnotism. My wife stopped smoking based on a suggestion by a hypnotist... 25 years it had her in the grip. Pleas by loved ones all went unheeded. Then the hypnotist spoke and she...
  25. 5150

Good day bad day .. a puzzle. Help

I hope you fired that do-nothing "doctor" right there On The Spot ! I know I did, more than once.
  26. 5150

Success story...

our posts crossed. ty
  27. 5150

Success story...

I have this same question, especially about a "certain way to be taken to be effective". Thanks.
  28. 5150

Restaurant delivery service

This type of delivery service can be a life saver for a very tired and sick person. When the energy just is gone for cooking , cleaning up afterwards, etc. , that phone call is a huge help. I have noticed that it's pretty rapid service, too. Some restaurants make just the kind of food needed...
  29. 5150

Prednisone makes me feel good

Good! so happy to hear smiles. just don't over-do the Prednisone: better not enough than too much. for your reading & learning materials: https://healthguides.healthgrades.com/controlling-severe-asthma best to you / 5150