• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Jonas found guilty

Wayne if you are interested see http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?4269-Dr-MyHill-s-License-in-Jeopardy&highlight=myhill struck or http://jdc325.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/defence-document-finalfinal.pdf or http://www.supportdrmyhill.co.uk/
  2. S

Jonas found guilty

NEWS FROM JONAS HEARING:- This is preliminary via phone and so I apologise if there are any errors which I will correct later if any of this is wrong. Stuart Jones has been found guilty of misconduct. His fitness to practise is considered impaired and he is considered to have brought the...
  3. S

GMC drops Fitness to Practise Hearing against Dr Myhill

Many thanks for all your messages of support.
  4. S

Wow, such good points! I hope you will forgive me if I am obtuse on some points and ignore others!!. I know you will understand. Nothing personal! Bad Science uberthread - absolutely not lost without trace. In time you will hear more on this. You can email me at with your comments re GMC...
  5. S

Thanks for all your support over the last two years!!
  6. S

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS -- GMC CAVES IN AGAIN!! The GMC has dropped the scheduled FtP Hearing against Dr Sarah Myhill with no case to answer. This case against Dr Myhill is now closed. Of course other legal action may well now occur. Here is the Press release from supporters FB page: DOCTOR...
  7. S

DR SARAH MYHIILL WINS!!

Please see the determination letter from GMC http://www.supportdrmyhill.co.?uk/files/merged_s_ful_req_cntn?t_1-70czqe_1-b1deu.pdf
  8. S

GMC 'Class Action' by Myhill patients

'As a precursor to other legal actions, would all patients who feel that their health has suffered as a result of the sanctions imposed by the various Interim Order Panels, acting on behalf of the GMC and regarding the complaints made by 'jonas' from the Badscience website and the Partners'...
  9. S

DR SARAH MYHIILL WINS!!

Please see supportdrmyhill website for updates today: http://www.supportdrmyhill.co.?uk/
  10. S

DR SARAH MYHIILL WINS!!

re posted from http://niceguidelines.blogspot.com/2011/07/dr-myhill-news-gmc-caves-in-all.html
  11. S

DR SARAH MYHIILL WINS!!

GMC CAVES IN! ALL SANCTIONS REMOVED! NO RESTRICTIONS LEFT IN FORCE. SARAH CAN PRACTISE TOTALLY AS NORMAL. 100% VICTORY!!!!! ps Now the fun really begins! Please circulate widely. Will post full IOP determination asap
  12. S

Dr Sarah Myhill IOP 26 July 2011

GMC CAVES IN! ALL SANCTIONS REMOVED! NO RESTRICTIONS LEFT IN FORCE. SARAH CAN PRACTISE TOTALLY AS NORMAL. 100% VICTORY!!!!! ps Now the fun really begins! Please circulate widely.
  13. S

I will post news as it happens here today. Many thanks for your support.
  14. S

Dr Myhill is to face a further IOP on 26 July. This is one of the review ones that GMC has to do under it s own rules to see if anything has changed since the last review. I will post any changes here as soon as I know them.
  15. S

The General Medical Council Piglet Complaint

Dear all, Further to my complaint re the delivery of piglets, I wondered if UK citizens would like to assist with this. I am hoping to get as many MPs on board as possible sending letters to Paul Philip at the GMC. I have produced a template letter below. If you wish to see Paul Philip answer...
  16. S

The General Medical Council Piglet Complaint

Further to this matter I attach a copy of a follow up letter I have written. If anyone has contacts in the media please pass on! 23 May 2011 Rt Hon John Bercow, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA Dear John, CONCERNS ABOUT THE SREEENING OF COMPLAINTS AT THE GENERAL MEDICAL COUNCIL...
  17. S

Dr Myhill wins back her licence to practise

Referral of GMC to Equality and Human Rights Commission I have today received a letter confirming that the relevant department within the Equality and Human Rights Commission is to investigate potential equality institutional issues within the GMC regarding the implementation of its...
  18. S

Thanks for all your positive input. We will keep you updated on all fronts as and when we can.
  19. S

The key difference between the January 2011 IOP and this one is exemplified by the following change to restriction 6: ==================================================================================================== The January 2011 determination included point 6 as below: 6. You may only...
  20. S

IOP DECISION - The full determination will be sent to Sarah by email tonight. In essence the restrictions remain in force although the ones regarding prescribing we believe have been slightly relaxed. More details will follow when Sarah has had a chance to look through it all.
  21. S

No news as yet - Sarah is in the IOP at the moment delivering her speech.
  22. S

Dr Myhill has her next IOP with the GMC tomorrow. (31 March) As soon as I have any news I will post it here on this forum. This IOP is a follow up review to the previous ones (3 monthly review)
  23. S

Oh dear I meant April or May. Sorry!
  24. S

UPDATE========= Sarah has her next IOP with the GMC on 31st March. This is the standard 3 month review IOP that GMC rules require them to do. The High Court hearing will now happen in March or April.
  25. S

I have sent this letter to my MP. If you wish to send similar letters to your MP please do, but please don't just copy and paste all of it - see last paragraph!! Thanks for your continued support...
  26. S

I have received this from the GMC regarding costs incurred so far on the Myhill case. After a previous FOIA request, which did not disclose internal costs, I complained to the Charities Commission and also to the GMC auditors on the basis that the GMC was not keeping proper accounting records...
  27. S

On behalf of Sarah, thank you all for your messages of support. These really do help. The High Court Hearing will have to be put back as the previous court documents were constructed on the basis of the erstwhile suspension which you know has now been lifted. We will keep you as up to date as we...
  28. S

Just to let you all know that the DETERMINATION of the IOP Hearing held yesterday, 6th January 2011, can now be viewed or downloaded from www.supportdrmyhill.co.uk - please follow the links on the home page or from latest news. Also uploaded is the TRANSCRIPT from the IOP Hearing of 23rd...
  29. S

I have been asked to post this as a separate thread: WELCOME BACK DR MYHILL! GMC REMOVES SUSPENSION In a stunning turn around at the IOP Hearing today, the GMC has restored Dr Myhill's licence to practice, including the right to prescribe, but have imposed conditions which are largely...