• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Can it cause a sore throat?

Hi Rich, Thank you so much for your response. I am going to stop the methylfolate for a while and see if i improve at all. I sure do hope so, as I have my toddler's birthday party tomorrow, lol! We shall see. I hope I feel better soon as this is not fun! Anyway, thanks to both of you for...
  2. C

Tachycardia -- What are effective treatments?

Not necessarily. Just because it can cause tachycardia in a minority of people does not mean that it cannot relieve it in others. Everyone is different. I am on it and my ventricular tachycardia has never been better. It is actually not an unusual practice for electrophysiologists to...
  3. C

Can it cause a sore throat?

Hi... i am new to this board, so please forgive me, as I am just now learning aout all these conditions. I suffered from Chronic Fatigue for years without knowing the root cause. My dr. tested me for the MTHFR mutation and sure enough, I am homozygous (2 copies). Anyway, he told me it was...
  4. C

Tachycardia -- What are effective treatments?

Pristiq, believe it or not, works wonderfully on tachycardias. good luck!
  5. C

Anyone else get a sore throat from l-methylfolate?

I got one response on my previous post, but wanted to see if there are any others.... I am homozygous for MTHFR mutation and am self treating with l-methylfolate 1000 mcgs, as i've heard that folic acid is not good for me sine I cannot metabolize it. At any rate, I was getting over a cold...
  6. C

I'm homozygous for MTHFR... just started taking L-methylfolate... can it cause this?

Hi Christopher, thanks so much for your response. I am glad to know that it has been known to cause the sore throat. If you continue to take it, does the sore throat tend to go away? or should I just get used to it, lol.?
  7. C

I'm homozygous for MTHFR... just started taking L-methylfolate... can it cause this?

I was just getting over a cold, so i thought my symptoms were because of that, however, i got a sore throat on the day i started taking l-methylfolate 1000mcgs. i never get sore throats that last like this. anyway, when i woke up this morning, i thought i was getting better and then took the...