• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. wastwater

ME as a permenant damage to the central nervous system

Dr Hyde says it is I think it damage to the brain vascular system then glial activation
  2. wastwater

Il-2 Receptors/CD25

This low dose il2 is in trials for many things can they try for cfs lc
  3. wastwater

Researchers discover underlying cause of brain fog linked with long COVID

Can the blood brain barrier be repaired Are we built different(FOXP4 developmental gene)
  4. wastwater

Do POTS sufferers have elevated blood glucose levels because of low volume ?

I have had a high glucose reading similar to youres and I’m waiting to have it confirmed I’m wondering if it maybe pancreatic failure and something called type 3c Is Covid creating more diabetes,maybe that pushed me over from pre diabetes into diabetes
  5. wastwater

Holy lab results, Batman! B6, NK cells, Histamine, oh my!

I’m hoping to get some more testing done but would then wonder what it means Is this mecfs or something else
  6. wastwater

Il-2 Receptors/CD25

Maybe this ties into the recent work on JAK STAT I think it’s delivered as a substance
  7. wastwater

Il-2 Receptors/CD25

Low-Dose IL-2 Therapy in Autoimmune and Rheumatic Diseases
  8. wastwater

Il-2 Receptors/CD25

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2021.648408/full
  9. wastwater

Ron Davis Update

Is this what happens when you have a virus ie normal But in us we remain in this state
  10. wastwater

Many types of immunodeficiency

It was an IGA deficiency suspected in my rare genetic group but IGM seems to be relevant as well maybe there was a paper mentioning both
  11. wastwater

The Nightingale March / April Newsletter - Dr Byron Hyde

Not to forget the older M.E crew Some things he says have held true for me like the hypothyroidism no antibodies being present And In the video seems like a pre stroke diffuse encephalopathy as I seem to remember dr my hill mention
  12. wastwater

Gene Linked to Long Covid

Foxc1 Foxo1 Foxp3 I have interactions with and thought this was my risk factor for post viral states There’s a lot of interactions within fox gene family
  13. wastwater

List of Autoantibody/Disease Associations (+Infection association to conditions)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29763174/ https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/iga-nephropathy/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20352274 Berger Disease New one of interest Never heard of it before Mind boggling Immunoglobulin A (IgA) Nephropathy (Berger's disease) – Chronic kidney disease...
  14. wastwater

ME/CFS and MS

I explored CADASIL a bit and found that it mimicks mecfs quite a bit especially pre CADASIL It is a rare genetic neurovascular disease that progresses through mini strokes usually and into dementia sometimes The thing that struck me was the mood problems cognitive deficits,intoxicated feeling...
  15. wastwater

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum!

I’d like to see more information on Guinea pig healing as we all know this is superior to the CBT/GET model.
  16. wastwater

Nicotine?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC423647/ Cigarette smoke can activate the alternative pathway of complement in vitro by modifying the third component of complement.
  17. wastwater

Prusty talks about his upcoming research on a podcast

I think it maybe the low C3 high C5 complement imbalance but this seems to be good for a few diseases like the earlier video I posted on acute covid Others I’ve found that seem to share this imbalance are lupus,schizophrenia,aHUS,Alzheimer’s and maybe more,but they have different seemingly...
  18. wastwater

Is IGM like the virus early detection system,I guess if it is low by the time you mount a response you will be royally infected. Is this routinely measured in the UK
  19. wastwater

Can IGM deficiency be easily tested for and is it something you are born with
  20. wastwater

Long covid

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41579-022-00846-2 Long COVID: major findings, mechanisms and recommendations Abstract Long COVID is an often debilitating illness that occurs in at least 10% of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infections. More than 200 symptoms have...
  21. wastwater

Interesting bit about trypsin Is it saying trypsin can do the same thing as the monocolonal antibody,Vilobelimab It’s a supplement I will try
  22. wastwater

I think the switch maybe in the liver The viral lowering of complement C3 in the liver leading to uncleaved C5 (high)for immune activation and membrane attack including mitochondria I wondered if it could be treated like aHUS
  23. wastwater

Newer SSRI has any used it

I’ve wondered if I would be able to tolerate it as it has a unique mode of action Sounds like a supercharged ssri most of which I cannot tolerate
  24. wastwater

World's strongest MRI investigates COVID and myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue impacts on the brain

I had a 3t scan and put the image on my avatar Is it enlarged brainstem
  25. wastwater

COVID-19: A collision of complement, coagulation and inflammatory pathways

Is this virally lowered complement c3 in the liver then and the rest follows C3 seems to have lots of aliases aHUS3 is one alias https://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=CFI ases for CFI Gene GeneCards Symbol: CFI 2 Complement Factor I 2 3 4 5 C3b-INA 2 3 5 KAF 2 3 5 FI 2 3 5 IF 3...