• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

CFS anaerobic exercise protocol (Staci Stevens): Can anyone explain it?

River, Despite 20+ years of moderate to severe CFS, I've continued to exercise and go through the misery of PEM. Why? Because I've found that the worse shape I'm in, the easier it is to set off a round of PEM. So, it's a damned if you do or don't situation. It was impossible for me to...
  2. B

Antiretroviral Trial

Sue, If you can tolerate the sugar, Gatorade would be easier. I don't like to feed the yeast/virus beastie any more than I have to, so I prefer to mix my own brew. :Retro tongue: Another something simple to do - that's kind of easy to forget to do when you're fogged to the max and...
  3. B

Antiretroviral Trial

Sue, You're so brave to attempt this. I also push until my alarms go off that if I go further, I will be in the hospital. Something that has helped me with extreme detox causing heart issues has been making sure my electrolyte levels are okay. It seems like the body can get out of balance...
  4. B

XMRV: ARVs---READ THIS!!!!

It appears that they are now linking CLL and MCL (cancers) with XMRV for the first time??? If you look at the graph at top right of the .pdf, it appears that it took 6-7 months of ARV therapy to get there. BW
  5. B

The reason we have brain fog?

Sally, Wow, congratulations on getting your brain back. Did you accomplish this by working with a doctor or just trial and error on your own? Or both? If a doc, was it a naturopath, MD or ??? In 20+ years of CFS, I've not been able to find a decent doc. Cognitive dysfunction is probably...
  6. B

Heparin Injection Therapy

Dainty, I had bruising for the first four to five years, then it kind of dissipated. You get used to the needle poke to the point where you don't feel it anymore, unless you stick yourself too slowly. *ouch. Again, after many years of practice. lol. With the bruising, mostly what I...
  7. B

Heparin Injection Therapy

Dainty, Good to hear you are having a positive experience with Heparin. I've been on 30 mg Lovenox (essentially the same thing as Heparin) 1 x day, for 8-9 years. It is in my top five of what has helped the most in my 20+ years of CFS hell. Back in 2000-2001 I did the Hemex testing for...
  8. B

Xmrv the puppet master and the master switch>

Rosemary, I've recently discovered that the athletic performance supplement, creatine, boosts my ATP levels enough to make a difference in both energy and brain functioning. If you check out Dr. Myhill's theory on mitochondrial dysfunction in CFS it says something like: used ATP converts to...