• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Managing Potassium Deficiency - Share your experience

Am trying to track what get cramps from in legs/feet, usually at night, lately none. If take lots of D3, get cramps, Mg doesnt usually stop. Interesting idea on purines, sometimes feel worse after sardines (or smell ammonia). Have noticed if take K or eat a raw green in morning and evening have...
  2. L

23andme results - input appreciated!

DAO is one, HNMT is the other. DAO is the one that works in the gut, so if it's food-related histamine issues, it's DAO, at least partly. Risk alleles I know about in DAO: DAO 109277720 rs2070586 (A or G) A DAO 109278747 rs2111902 (G or T) G DAO 109283603 rs3741775 (A or C) C Also, the minor...
  3. L

23andme results - input appreciated!

Crux, What are the snp's that tell about histamine . IS that the DAO? Am TCN rs1801198 GG , not sure what is risk allel in other TCN2 DAO rs3741775 CC. This is all interesting. Thanks Lynn D
  4. L

SNPs for Dihydrofolate Reductase (DHFR)

Mine are the same as Val's. Anyone try food or supplements to see if beneficial for this snp's?
  5. L

Methylfolate SIDE EFFECTS...

Thank yo TRiffid for the ideas. Have been trying to find a way to get more minerals. The bone tabs(Ca,Mg ) get problems with eating food for days. Do chew on ends of stewed organic chicken bones, and sometimes a pinch of epsom salts in water(sometimes lowers a low BP though) or bath. Keep...
  6. L

Interesting VDR Variations

Thanks ok, will go find the D3 bottle, (seems to be ok to put on skin) and try some.
  7. L

Interesting VDR Variations

Would some of these effect how absorbing vite D or how transporting it or how utilzing it? I usually have low, even though eat organic turkey liver, out in sun... if take alot, got leg cramps, so probably need with minerals and maybe K (all in liver I think and onions and vegies). They just said...
  8. L

Methylfolate SIDE EFFECTS...

Am also trying to figure what to try first, Have been on methyl B12 for several years, just take about 250mcg/ day(will have to ck what a drop is). Also multiple vitamin (food based). some vitamin D3, but if take much get muscle cramps. A little more of the B1 and 2 helped, B5 didnt till tried...
  9. L

SNPs for Dihydrofolate Reductase (DHFR)

So which snp does what? DHFR rs7387 AT rs1643659 CT rs1677693 GT rs1643649 CT rs11951910 TT rs865646 GT rs13161245A or Gno call rs10072026C or TTT rs11490741C or TCC rs863215 CT rs1478834 AC rs1650697AG
  10. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Was wondering if thats reaction I had years ago to taking a folic acid supplement. (paradoxical folate deficiency ), when got painful geographic tongue, or just the deficiency of B12 showing up
  11. L

Started Freddd Protocol about a week ago...

Am going to Dr and writing what might test for, any ideas? Also found this B12 , B12-ND , on pureformula website, anyone here familiar with it? Thanks Lynn D
  12. L

Tried the LCF yesterday and slight headache , no better energy. Tried the Lacetyl form (is that ALCAR?) yrs ago and made me tired. so either not for me or need conutrients. Did try a B2 r5p and it helped with energy. Someone told me only try the methylfolate if have high homocystein levels...
  13. L

Thank you I looked those all up at iherb and pureformula where have tried buying online. looked at this page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NADPH and found coenzyme forms of B2,... near the bottom of page. Wish new ahead of time if this would be helpful or not, is that done by testing or...
  14. L

Phred, Thats it. Yes , dont want the folic acid. Did a websearch on Anabol for sale, didnt see it. I have liquid MB12 now so put under tongue. Am looking at carnitine fumerate, and saw another thread that someone said did worse with PS, but found this person really pushing it as good shortcut...
  15. L

Phred, Thank you Is the AB12 similiar to the D one,will try to find the name, I just use the first letter (A or M or D for B12) my B12 was towards high on blood test, but helps so much for energy and brain concentration , realized needed it anyway. I guess with the MTHFRC677T ++, might not be...
  16. L

After scanning this page and previous several times, am still confused. Really would like to know more about reducing muscle wasting. Noticed that MB12 increased weight loss so just use a few drops in morning and when need. will order the carnitine fumerate. Eat (this week) turkey drumstick...
  17. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Had read on Methyllife,they sell supplements for MTHFR and have Mfolate ,MB12, and HB12. She said the HB12 really helps her. It sounded like someone here found it not good for people?
  18. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thank you Little Bluestem. I know, but am in a phase where just tried 3 new things over last 2 weeks and am so tired in morning. would rather just be tired and wake up in middle of night . (and have a cubboard of supplements to rid of). Will get off computer now to see how that increases...
  19. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Am trying to read some digest info. Havnt been diagnosed with anything , and would really like to be able to think clearer and concentrate better and stay on task if needed. I can walk to bus get groceries. Do have MB12 that take a few drops a few times a day.(used to have injections but it...
  20. L

Genetic Genie results (23andme)

Hello Just got my results from 23and me and want to learn more. Have read that can have the genes but they may not be expressed(is that even if have homozygous MTHFRC677T?). Have been tryinbg to add minerals for years. 1 Dr prescribed yrs ago methyl B12 and it helped so much with brain and...
  21. L

Nutreval Interpretation Guide

Hi D No B1 doesnt seem to cause me weight loss, just B12 (so take tiny bit,helps w thinking). I have learned to make myself drink water and eat unless feels really icky. drinking water first helps. Started feeling worse again,like sand in wrist and irritated bladder, since recall eating more...
  22. L

D Thanks, I take B1 sometimes extra and seems to helps with brain working better. Take supplements out of capsule and just use some of it, if like the vite B1 has rice flour in it, spit it out after a minute or 2hoping gets absorbed(heard under tongue and sides of mouth can do that ). Have you...
  23. L

D do you know what causes the high methylhistadine and what reduces it? seems recall reading about hi and lo histamines or histadines in a paper about mental health issues and helps, some of the people were from TPTC (the Pfeifer treatment center). Thought had gained back weight but went to a...
  24. L

urine smells like vinegar-dumping sulfur?

Caledonia Thank you for the MTHFR list. sounds like half the people I know, seems to be a common problem. What about the CBS and other SNP's? Will ask the HDRI place if they know a Dr in my area. Did have the B12 and folic acid tests(think serum or maybe RBC) always in ok or high folic acid...
  25. L

urine smells like vinegar-dumping sulfur?

Hi Is there a list of symptoms, (though I realize since can involve so many permiatations of diff ++,--SNPs, can have same sympt for diff snps). Though might have MTHFR diff when friend told me she was tested and I had mentioned usually cant take meds or I cut them in forths if ok w pharm.She...
  26. L

L-cystine may help to lower excitotoxicity on methylation protocol

Hello, Dont have ME/CFS but while online search to see why had 3x's higher then upper test parameters. Found one site said could be from low thyroid. (hi RT3, low FT3, toward lo end of TSH, but reacted to iodine and cytomel). also very high carotine blood test. Had weight loss that no one knew...