• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jayred

Josie eyes Hawaiian treatment in bid for better life

It's slow, but it's happening a little bit ... As I said, the person who wrote the MindFood article is my niece, so she is well informed and very keen to disseminate and educate with correct information. Plus there is a dr here now who is actually diagnosing ME as opposed to CFS. Our particular...
  2. Jayred

Hi Valentin, Thank you for your concern. The reasons I am quite clear about going are as follows: 1) I have had numerous skype sessions with Dr J, all of which have been helpful and informative, with her being very open about her situation and what she is offering. 2) I also have a lot of...
  3. Jayred

Perhaps not everyone wants to keep the whole thing going on and on Lisa, and would rather spend their energy elsewhere on positive things for the ME community?
  4. Jayred

Separate to all of that, I am sorry to hear you are living with this disease and that it has taken so much from you. I wish you all the very best and hope something may eventuate that will help. :)
  5. Jayred

Well, my understanding is that Dr J only started treating again when she had some significant improvement in her condition and only took on a very few patients. I think since then, she has become ill again, due to stress and I believe she may only continue to write on her blog after we have seen...
  6. Jayred

It's not so much that what Dr J has on offer is unique in itself, it's how she uses those things. She is highly trained in Oxygen therapy, and it is being used differently than others use it. Similarly with infusions. We have talked thoroughly about treatment plan and she has spent a lot of...
  7. Jayred

Oh, actually I said that the article in the newspaper was lifted out of the MindFood article, but that's not right! I remember now, it was actually what I wrote about my daughter as a fund raising blurb for people to know about why we were fund raising for her! :P Talk about a poor memory! :P
  8. Jayred

No, didn't know there was one. I mean the newspaper article that was at the beginning of this thread. :) (from the Blue Mtns Gazette ... where we live in the Blue Mtns, Australia!)
  9. Jayred

Oh, by the way, the newspaper article was taken from an article written in MindFood magazine (June issue) about ME and also about Josie. It was written by my niece, Rachel Eldred, who is continuing to research and support the ME community. I think you can google for that article - think she did...
  10. Jayred

Hello all, I am the mum of Josie and we are going to see Dr Jamie at the end of Sept, through Oct. I have absolutely no qualms at all about this. Jamie has been open and upfront with us from the beginning. We know she is ill and not a very conservative/conventional doctor. She offers herself...