• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Dr Armine

Hi all Has anyone have experience with Dr Armine?I've read a couple of good things about him and searched the forum but would like more input. Many thanks
  2. P

Doctor Linda Fraveau CNC

Hi all Has anyone have experience with Linda Fraveau ? I'm looking for a practitioner and she looks good but would like input from other patients. Her website is http://www.nutritionandyourgenes.com Many thanks
  3. P

List of Yasko/nutrigenomics practitioners?

This is a very old thread,I'm a former patient of April Ward Hauge,she stopped practicing. I'm left without a doctor. Does anyone know anyone? Anybody know what happened to greenshots ? She was her patient,but she's not active in the forum anymore? Thanks
  4. P

Looking for CFS methylation practitioner

Hi I'm a former patient of April Ward Hauge,who was treating me for CFS with Dr Amy Yasko methylation protocol. She stopped practicing and I'm left without a practitioner. Does anyone know of a practitioner that knows about methylation and Dr Amy Yasko protocol ? Many thanks
  5. P

SOD

this test is called Detoxigenomics,and tests a separate system that isn´t in the yasko test. It tests the genetic profile of the body to detox environmental toxins,etc as well as your on "waste" byproducts,so to say. you can find more in the lab site,Genova Diagnostics,www.gdx.net
  6. P

Gestalt's Genova, 23andMe & Yasko Methylation genetic results

Hi Gestalt,got some more question for you How much apple pectin do you take and how? Is it ok if you taking yucca with medication? will it absorb the medication? example,taking before sleeping (i take sleeping aids) How did you start the program? first the RNA´s ? and then Methylation support...
  7. P

I just came across this in the yasko forum http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26887&highlight=cbs. This woman is a patient of the Dr.Mullan,and she was told to "seek advice" from Dr.Yasko,because Dr.Mullan is unsure on how to proceed. So she asks for help in the forum and...
  8. P

Hi Gestalt Im curious about the RNA´s,how many drops do you take a day? they don´t seem to last very long and are quite expensive. Do you reduce the dosage after a while? when your condition is stable? Also do you have to take them forever to bypass the gene mutations you have? thanks
  9. P

Hi Angela It seems your fears have come true,i´ve seen in http://www.autismnti.com/makeappointment.html,Dr. April is fully booked for 2013... I was planning on having an appointment with her,since everyone speaks so highly of her. Now i finally have the yasko and all the other tests done,and...
  10. P

SOD

i have SOD wild type,i dont understand very well what it means,maybe someone can shed some light? The detoxigenomic test says : - - SOD2 A16V Health Implications: Superoxide dismutase (SOD) is the primary antioxidant enzyme within the mitochondria of cells (where most of our energy is made)...
  11. P

how much yucca do you take ? and how? and also how much DIM? and what brands do you use? thanks.
  12. P

Rich Vank's Simplified Methylation Protocol Poll

what is Astragalus & Ligustrum ?
  13. P

Simplified Methylation Protocol Revised as of Today

Hi From what i´ve read from Rich´s posts,he used the methylation test to : 1) see if theres a problem 2) if there is a problem,set up a baseline,so if you do the protocol,you can repeat the test in the future and compare the values,and see if theres an improvement. As far as the...
  14. P

Hi Denise,heres the link you asked for : http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/revised-simplified-methylation-protocol-august-25-2012-revision.19050/
  15. P

how much folic acid (not folinic) is it ok to take? my multivitamin and B vitamin together have around 800mcg.
  16. P

Poll: Which Methyl B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective?

I tried Natural Factors for couple of months,didnt notice anything,either good or bad effect.
  17. P

Revised Simplified Methylation Protocol (August 25, 2012 Revision)

hi Rich What do you mean "high mercury body burden" ? you mean high levels of mercury? how does one know this without testing? thanks
  18. P

Hi Rich Got a question for you! I´ve been improving steadily but i´ve still got this weird symptom. Nowadays i can do simple mental effort with no problems for long periods of time (which i couldnt for a long time),however when i do a mental activity that involves processing several...
  19. P

Gaba\Lyrica\Gabapentin

Good input guys.thanks That baclofen seems promising.i really need something to switch off tension,as my muscles cant stop being tight all the time!
  20. P

Gaba\Lyrica\Gabapentin

Hello Has anyone have experience with the following: Gaba Lyrica \ Pregabalin Gabapentin - Fanatrex\Gabarone\ Neogab \Gralise \Neurontin \Nupentin usage and dosages? and especially if you noticed any effects regarding muscle tone \ tension and pain. thanks!
  21. P

B-12 - The Hidden Story

hello everyone,im confused about something,why in the simplified protocol,the b12 is hydroxocobalamin and in fredds protocol is methylcobalamin? whats the advantages are in each one? i guess if you use methylcobalamin only,you´re bypassing the b12 to methylb12 thing? On the other hand,Yasko...
  22. P

Yasko´s Presentations Videos

Hey everyone,i´ve found these of Yasko´s conferences,lots of stuff about methylation,dopamine,etc http://vimeo.com/user7483551/videos Not sure if any of you seen it already but for others that havent,check it out. She kinda lost me on the genetic \ epigenetic thingo_O Cheers
  23. P

stomach acid

hey guys,i´m having stomach problems for a month now,maybe you can help me out. Stomach feels heavy,i hear bubbles and stomach burps,its just not working right,sometimes burp gas\air from stomach. Tried an anti-acid,helped but didnt solve the problem,also taking probiotics,no difference...
  24. P

Hi Rich,i have some questions about the protocol,im reluctant to stop my cyanocobalamin injections,so i was wondering if i could continue with those and add the remaining hydroxocobalamin. i take cyanocobalamin every 2 days,so it would look like this Day 1 : 2000mcg Hydroxocobalin Day 2...
  25. P

Possible effects of immune and detox genetic deficiencies on recovery

if you go to the Genova website and see the Detoxigenomic sample report,they have suggestions on how to treat the SNPs. Here - http://www.gdx.net/core/sample-reports/Detoxi-Genomics-Sample-Report.pdf
  26. P

Possible effects of immune and detox genetic deficiencies on recovery

Hello Rich,i would like you to comment on me and my brother´s case,we´re 30 year old male twins,and we both have CFS. Background information: Growing up,no major health problems,besides asthma,we grew up in a city with with clean air,no pollution,no exposure to toxic elements. We always ate...
  27. P

Hello everyone,im very keen on starting Rich´s SMP,i do have some questions,maybe you guys can help me out. General Vitamin Neurological Health Formula: do the values they say in the website,for example Vitamin A (as palmitate) 5,000 iu ,are for 6 tablets a day? Why doesnt it have copper and...
  28. P

B-12 - The Hidden Story

can you have a normal methylation panel like you and still have a methylation problem?
  29. P

Inflexibility/joint pain/muscle pain

how much did you take?