• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Weird Sensitivity in Breast

Haven't noticed any change in size. As for cancer, I've not read anywhere that sensitivity to touch without pain is a sign. I do regular exams and there are no lumps so I don't think that's the issue.
  2. D

Weird Sensitivity in Breast

I have a fairly new problem that is making my life miserable. I feel a tenseness in the upper right side of my body and am super sensitive to anything touching it, especially my breast (but no pain). I can hardly stand the feel of my bra touching on that side and feel I am constantly shrugging...
  3. D

Air Hunger

I wasn't tested for 3 years because my symptoms weren't typical because I had no pain. I mainly had the air hunger, fatigue, insomnia and dysautonomia. I was tested by Igenex after a Lab Corp test was inconclusive.
  4. D

Air Hunger

I was diagnosed earlier this year with Lyme's and Babesia. Air hunger is one of the symptoms of Babesia but so far, treatment has not provided relief. It has over time become more sporadic but continues to be bothersome. I wish I could offer you more encouragement.
  5. D

Air Hunger

The best way I can describe it (at least for me) is feeling like I need to take a deep breath but not being able to. It really is different from being short of breath. I guess it's a type a shallow breathing and when at its worst, I get desperate for a good full breath but struggle to get one...
  6. D

LED red intranasal light therapy

My sister-in-law has been using one for a couple of weeks and it has significantly improved her insomnia.
  7. D

Liposomal Glutathione

Just that I know there is a lot of controversy about glutathione and I was already nervous about trying it. Like many, I react to a lot of supplements so it's always a crap shoot when I try something new, especially if its "iffy". Still not sure if I will take it again since I'm very mercury toxic.
  8. D

Liposomal Glutathione

With much trepidation, I took 1 tsp yesterday and now, 24 hours later, I still smell it strongly in my urine. Has anyone else experienced this? I take lots of supplements but have never smelled anything in my urine. I must admit I'm a little freaked out!
  9. D

Air Hunger

I have to sleep on a pile of pillows in order to get my breath, xraysspex. Lying flat just doesn't allow me to fill my lungs with oxygen most of the time. Standing and sitting forward are also positions which help me get enough oxygen during the day. I've done a saliva cortisol test which wasn't...
  10. D

Air Hunger

Is that homeopthic?
  11. D

Air Hunger

Thanks for your feedback and for the welcome. I'm pretty sure it's not heart related since my ejection fraction is good and EKG and echocardiogram are normal. I've also had chest x-rays and even a ct scan to rule out a pulmonary blood lot. Whenever they have checked my O2 stat, it's always...
  12. D

Air Hunger

Since this is my most bothersome symptom and the one that most negatively impacts my quality of life, I'm curious how prevalent it is within this community. I've chased down a lot of rabbit trails trying to find the source but, as yet, to no avail. If you have it, what things have you tried that...
  13. D

Chelation Conundrum

I'm a new poster so will try to be brief and to the point. For over 50 years I had a mouth full of amalgam fillings. A lot of health challenges I've had in the past suddenly made sense when I learned about heavy metal toxicity several years ago. After a provoked challenge test which scored...