• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

XMRV vs HIV and long-term anti-retrovirals

Many are not on haart and are not sick and dying A friend of mine has been HIV+ for 23 years and is not on the HAART nor is he dying. Check out living without HIV drugs. com and hear real life stories: http://www.livingwithouthivdrugs.com/ I will have my story removed from the site since I...
  2. N

Yes, since last fall. I have to stop them for 3 weeks to have several tests ran at VIPdx, then I will restart them for chronic fatigue and for fibromyalgia. Believe me, if I didn't have these particular diseases, then I would not be on the HAART, as I have found that it is not necessary for HIV...
  3. N

Not really, I have been off my meds for up to 2 years will no AIDS defining diseases. Many others are doing it, it just doesn't make the news. No, most of us off the meds who are rethinkers know that it is not a sexual disease. In fact studies that have been don't prove that it is sexually...
  4. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'How safe is microwave radiation from cell phone towers?'

Some info about cell phones from Dr. Mercola: http://products.mercola.com/blue-tube-headset/
  5. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'The safety of haart'

http://www.rebirth.co.za/court_rules_hiv_not_proven_to_ca.htm Some may be interested to read what the German government has to say about HIV. Other theories about what causes AIDS and about HIV negative cases of AIDS: http://www.rebirth.co.za/hiv_does_not_cause_aids.htm An article about...
  6. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'Similarities of chronic fatigue to AIDS'

Apparently you folks have hashed this out before here. I have my beliefs along with everyone else. I am speaking for myself, I do see a correlation and I certainly had chronic fatigue decades before AIDS. I do believe that having a lifetime of immune issues certainly made it that much easier to...
  7. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'Why is fluoride, an know poison, in many cities drinking water?'

I lived in your beautiful country for 2 years in Wilerbach, really loved the wine! Here, we have the Food and Drug Administration, FDA, which is supposed to look after us, the key word here, "supposed." They have way too many ties to the drug industry and to lobbists in Washington. With...
  8. N

Believe me, I tested HIV+ with full-blown AIDS!!!! By the time I got to the infectious disease doctor, I was half dead! My CD4's were 78 with a viral load greater than 100,000 (the limit of the machine). I also had numerous diseases to go along with the test results. My viral load has been as...
  9. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'How safe is microwave radiation from cell phone towers?'

I counted 2 towers within 1/4 mile, and 1 within a mile of where I lived when I developed AIDS. These towers all had numerous cell phone type devices attached to them. All of this certainly didn't help my immunity or others too.
  10. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'Virologists on XMRV'

Thanks, in the interim, I will have the culture done, which takes longer. But having answers is a good thing.
  11. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'Why is fluoride, an know poison, in many cities drinking water?'

Yes, many contaminants can be in water such as cadium. Some water filter system can remove some of them, but fluoride is more difficult to remove and requires more expensive equipment. We drink non-fluroridated bottle water, but one receives more fluoride in taking a shower than from drinking...
  12. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'Virologists on XMRV'

Thanks for the post. Does anyone know where to get an antibody test, as the lab in Nevada does a culture and won't have an antibody test until this summer?
  13. N

Comment by 'Noreen Martin' in 'Similarities of chronic fatigue to AIDS'

Yes, but you live in New Zealand and most of our doctors have not caught up with you folks! Dr. Chenny is certainly ahead of most, but unfortunately, he only sees 1 patient a day when he is not doing research and he is very expensive, so I couldn't see him. But his and Dr. Titlebaum's (if that's...
  14. N

Why is fluoride, an know poison, in many cities drinking water?

Fluoride, which has never been FDA approved is in many cities drinking water and has been in most toothpastes since the 1950's. This should be alarming to most, since Nazi Germany first used it upon its citizens and later it was used in many rat poisons. This is one more toxin that many of us...
  15. N

Yes, we seem to be gullible until we start thinking for ourselves, which God gave us a brain to use in the first place. It amazes me how people will accept what the government has to say, as if it were etched in stone. I want to add an Einstein quote when I can find it - The only thing necessary...
  16. N

http://www.relfe.com/microwave.html Microwaving food is a scary proposition. Research has shown that those who eat microwaved food have a higher incidence of stomach and intestinal cancer. Microwaves generate a chemical, acrylamide, which causes cancer. It also causes mal-functioning within the...
  17. N

Article: Emergency at the Emergency Room

Then I guess that my father-in-laws tumors shrinking, the lady walking again, the MS patients who go in remission, all the other good reports, and my personal experience with LDN, it must be all in our heads! Maybe you should go to YouTube and listen to what doctors have to say about it. Why...
  18. N

Low dose Naltrexone

Join the Yahoo LDN Support Group, as many people who take LDN are members of it. If you have a technical question, you could always email Dr. Skip at Skip's Pharmacy. He is busy, but will get to your email.
  19. N

XMRV Virus leads Canadian blood service to ban CFS donors

This is a step in the right direction. Maybe the US will take this seriously and follow Canada's lead. They can no longer ignore this problem of chronic fatigue.
  20. N

You can believe what you want to but for those of us who take it, we know that it works. My father-in-law had 2 pancreas precancerous lesions shrink because of it, to the amazement of his doctors. He was told that he needed immediate surgery. This was over 2 1/2 year ago. He is doing just fine...
  21. N

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php To add to the mix, you have to click on each carrier too. We had AT&T and Verizon towers in our area. Something to look into when moving. Some of us may be paying in more ways than one for the luxury of these cell phones.
  22. N

Communication takes place in the body by electromagnetic signaling between cells and artificial electro-pollution disrupts this. Some people are more sensitive to these invisible fields. According to this article, sleep interruption and insomnia are the primary complaints affecting over 100...
  23. N

Yes, I totally agree. Why does our government bury its head in the sand about this. Other nations recognize that this is a problem? Two celebrity deaths could possible have implications to this, Michael Jackson had known sleep problems. He had 1 tower within 5 city blocks, 11 cell phone towers...
  24. N

The decision to take the HAART is best left up to those who suffer. Remember, everyone on these drugs are monitored quite frequently for any problems. Tell the thousands or maybe the millions who take LDN that it doesn't work and they would laugh at you. The reason that there aren't a large...
  25. N

How safe is microwave radiation from cell phone towers?

"Nuclear power plants contain radiation inside and are less hazardous than cell phone towers that emit radiation outside. More dangerous than the AIDS virus, Swine flu, the Bird flu and AlQueda combined is microwave technologies. We believe that the world wide increase of cell phone towers and...
  26. N

Yes, one should tread carefully when considering the HAART. Nevertheless, some feel that they have exhausted all other options and I can certainly understand how they feel. What good is being alive when your quality of life sucks everyday? If you watch the videos from WPI and listen to the...
  27. N

Well, obviously you don't have all of these diseases. Secondly where are the millions that AIDS has puposely killed, not in the civilized world. AIDS in Africa, thanks to the Bangui Definition, they don't even have to be tested for anything, just have 4 symptoms, which are also indictive of...
  28. N

No, I can't say that I do because many that I know only have a HIV+ diagnosis and the others with "true" diseases have other issues. Nevertheless, I have two family member who both have fibromyalgia. If I test positive for the virus, then they will also get tested. I feel that it would be easier...
  29. N

This is all too many times happening with the chronic fatigue and also fibromyalgia patients. I know, I suffered with both diseases since the mid 1970's. You feel so isolated and that something is terribly wrong with you, yet not knowing what. At least now, these two disease are finally get some...