• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Thiamin messed me up badly...

I'm usually way more careful. I guess I've just never really heard of any negative thiamin stories and the pills were like 250mg so I figured a small piece (I'm estimating 30mg but it was probably even less) wouldn't be an issue.
  2. B

Thiamin messed me up badly...

About 3 weeks ago I decided to try some thiamin. At the time I was not on any other supplements although I've taken various methylation supplements in the past. Within a few minutes of taking the thiamin (only about 30mg) I was hit by a very relaxing feeling which was pretty nice. However as...
  3. B

Neuropathy/Side Effects from P5P?

I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced negative effects from P5P? I've taken regular B6 and oral P5P numerous times and felt either nothing or some slight benefit. The P5P brand I was taking previously was the Solgar brand and it seemed fine. I hadn't taken B6 in awhile in either form so...
  4. B

Husband's NutrEval Test Results!

I'm the husband in question. :Retro smile::Retro smile: I've added some of my feedback below... Ya, this was not a surprise. I've suffered from intestinal issues since childhood. I've done just about every detox, yeast treatment, exclusion diet out there over the years as well as loads of...
  5. B

Detox, Folapro and phase II liver issues

It could be your adrenals. For years I would get right flank pain and always assumed it was my kidney. When I went on hydrocortisone the flank pain went away completely. I was also able to finally chelate once on it as well.
  6. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Fredd, I respect all the information you've provided and appreciate the fact that you've improved your life dramatically following your protocol. All the information you provided though has led myself and others who've tried the brands you've specified and the techniques you've specified to come...
  7. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I took various forms of sublinguals for many months, using both "active forms" and did all sorts of things like keeping them in my mouth for nearly an hour as they slowly dissolved and taking many grams of them per day using all the "right" brands...never felt any different. Hydro injections...
  8. B

Detox, Folapro and phase II liver issues

We live in an older house and the upstairs bathroom has just a tub, no shower. My wife and I used to use this tub all the time to relax/soak in. We both have chronic health issues. Finally my wife had some heavy metal tests run which showed according to the doc "shockingly high amounts of lead"...
  9. B

Anyone had a Spectracell test run?

I'm wondering if anyone had a Spectracell test run. How did your results compare to other bloodwork you've had? Did the Spectracell find anything? Thanks.
  10. B

males who have used dhea

The problem with 7-keto (according to multiple docs I've seen) is that it naturally occurs in very trace amounts in the body, taking large doses of it goes beyond hormone replacement. Additionally, there is no lab test for it so there is no way to tell how much is actually in your body. Normal...
  11. B

Question from a new guy...

HI everyone, I'm new to this board and am reading through all these threads one after another...I'm actually somewhat researched in methylation issues from some other forums I read. My question is this...is anyone doing remarkably better or "cured" by taking the right methylation supplements...
  12. B

males who have used dhea

Good luck to ya! My opinion is that the best forum around for men's hormone issues is Dr. Crisler's http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2 You will get a lot of help there from knowledgeable guys and the doc himself.
  13. B

males who have used dhea

Low DHEA may just be associated with aging or could be related to adrenal problems. I'm not aware of any research showing that DHEA increases testosterone in males. In fact, it's this reason which has routinely kept it from being banned/controlled like other anabolic steroids and prohormones...
  14. B

males who have used dhea

If your free testosterone is actually below range then that's pretty significant. Chances are your doc ran the female estrogen test rather than the more specific "sensitive" estrogen test that is recommended for males. If your total T is good but free T is low then something is binding it up...
  15. B

Has anyone been tested for thiamine deficiency?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and just like you I'm trying to figure out just what has been causing my severe problems for at least a year now. I came across a very interesting story about a girl who was diagnosed with CFS and suffered for years before being diagnosed as having a thiamine...