• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Tara

Rethinking Probiotics.

Anyone know of a histamine degrading (or neutral) probiotic, that is also free of d-lactate (or at least non d-lactate producing)? Also, is lactobacillus coagulant histamine producing or degrading?
  2. Tara

Is methylation the problem with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity?

"I get relief from MCS just by doing methylfolate, but it's not a good idea to do that without also taking B12 as it will deplete your B12 stores over time, especially if you have SNPs which affect B12." I'm up to 10,000 mcg Methyl-B12 and 1000 mcg Methyl-Folate, having a bit of a rougher go...
  3. Tara

A Tribute To Rich Van Konynenburg

My sincere sympathy go out to Rich's family and friends, along with my own heartfelt sadness to hear of Rich's passing. As many of us in this community have felt, Rich was an incredibly generous and caring soul, and I have him to personally thank for suggesting I give the Cutler protocol a go...
  4. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Alright folks... So I finally got my methylation pathways panel results back... And, as per usual for me, no sounding alarms with anything. Fantastic news. Ha. Does any of the following shed any light on anything, or am I just out another $325? Thanks. MTHFR: Heterozygous A1298C AMINO...
  5. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I'm thinking since the methylfolate is said to be the most problematic, and we should start with crumbs, I may end up just taking the crumbs sublingually and see how long I can get them to last... I, too, was on a really strict anti-candida diet for the past year+. It helped significantlyy...
  6. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Anteah, my guess would be that the amount of sweetener in the product is negligable, and wouldn't significantly affect your candida. I suspect we're pretty much all in the same boat on that one (at least I am), but I'm trying to choose my battles with supplementation, as there doesn't seem to...
  7. Tara

Andy Cutler versus B12 Protocol...

Cutler recommends ALA every 3-4 hours during the active part of his protocol. Good to know it's been helping you, Sallysblooms!
  8. Tara

Thanks, Rich. That's one of the areas I'm confused about, and concerned with how I'll react to any supplementation treatment. I've had my metals tested by Doctor's Data labs, and my mercury, lead, and aluminum levels are all very high. I'm heterozygous A1298C for MTHFR, have terrible chemical...
  9. Tara

In coming across some info. regarding Andy Cutler's protocol, I'm wondering if anyone has tried both that and the B12 protocol here, and what they'd conclude from each. Or if there's a way to combine the two. And I'm not quite sure where the metals detox/chelation comes in on the B12 protocol...
  10. Tara

Juice Fasting

Too bad. It seems easier to cure cancer (ie the Gerson Method), than CFS/ME. And they get all the glory... :confused:
  11. Tara

Rich Vank's Simplified Methylation Protocol Poll

Perfect. Thanks, Dr. Rich! I look forward to posting my results then, and taking it from there.
  12. Tara

Juice Fasting

Based on the following text from the Gerson site, I'd gather us NOT to be successful, prospective candidates for Gerson Therapy... What conditions does the Gerson Therapy show good success? While there is an exception to every situation and every case is different due to how advanced it is...
  13. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Since the consensus seems to be that everyone's switching to the Solgar methylcobalamin though, do you think it best to take that alone, or combine it with the Enzymatic Therapy then?
  14. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Interesting. Since I've heard methylcobalamin referred to more often, would that be the form I should take (rather than what is most likely cyanocobalamin then)? And with Freddd's recommendation for both Enzymatic Therapy and Jarrow, is this to give us the option to choose either/or, or to...
  15. Tara

Juice Fasting

Wouldn't it be nice to create our own special 'Gerson-like' Institute for CFS/ME patients to go, to practice this lifestyle of nutrition, cleansing, healing, and support?! Maybe Dr. Rich and Freddd could run it ;)
  16. Tara

taurine for MCS?

Just to note, Heartfixer lists taurine as a supplement to avoid when you have a CBS mutation. Taurine is high in sulphur.
  17. Tara

Rich Vank's Simplified Methylation Protocol Poll

Will methylation pathways panel results vary for an individual based on their condition on the day they were tested? I had mine drawn today, and had taken some mineral supplements this morning. It was also a relatively better day for me, symptom wise. I am just wondering if it'll prove an...
  18. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

The SKU is just a product reference number. I use them for comparison shopping purposes. It looks like I ordered cobalamin rather than methylcobalamin. Was the methyl what made it safe and usable by our bodies? Should I order that and not take the cobalamin? And aren't the Enzymatic...
  19. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

And I'd ordered the following: http://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-dibencozide-coenzymated-b-12-120-sublingual-tablets/?ntt=021078002666 Did I get the last two right? ;) I guess it best to wait on the B-Complex then, until I know better where I'm at with the CBS and my sulphur. And...
  20. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

The other thing I ordered was: http://www.vitacost.com/solgar-folate-800-mcg-100-tablets/?ntt=033984019454
  21. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Shoot. I think I got the wrong thing then. I ordered: http://www.vitacost.com/solgar-sublingual-vitamin-b12-1000-mcg-250-nuggets-1/?ntt=033984032309 I used the SKU from Freddd's vitamin and supplement list link... I'm getting very confused by all the methyls and B12s, etc. What overlaps...
  22. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Do I get the sublingual b12 or just the regular 'nugget?' :) And the 1000 mcg's, not 5000, correct?
  23. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

A big thanks for steering me pre-order on those, Lynn. I read the Jarrow thread and think I'm going to go ahead and get the Solgar brand for both the L-5-MTHF and the mB12. Should I be getting another B-Complex then or are these enough? And I read something about avoiding B6 with CBS...
  24. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Would the 'B-Complex Plus (with Metafolin L-5-MTHF) Vegetable Capsules by Pure Encapsulations' be the methylfolate, and the 'Enzymatic Therapy B12 Infusion' be the methyl b12? And do you have trouble getting the methylcobalamin to last 45 min. under your lip? I'm imagining it to...
  25. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks for the links, Lynn. I watched most of Rich's presentation a few weeks ago, and am going to rewatch it to see what more I can absorb and digest from it at this point in time too. I had also printed off the Active B12 Protocol (that's what I'm trying to piece together for getting the...
  26. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Also, just to clarify, we are to take both the B12 Infusion AND the B Complex, correct? And if anyone has insight on brands of each that work well for those of us that are hypersensitive, I'd love to know which to look for. I'm nervous getting these without more specific info., because I...
  27. Tara

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Okay, just getting started, and a bit overwhelmed and confused with what to order... This is what I've pieced together; I'd love to know for certain if there are specific brands recommended, or if there are any I am missing or don't need. Also, do I start with all listed, or add them one at a...
  28. Tara

Sensitivity to Light,Sound and Vision Changes

Definitely. I have extremely bad chemical and food sensitivity, and last week, after a couple hours at my friend's house (she uses plug-ins and scented products in her house), by the time I got home I could literally barely see. My vision had become so clouded over I felt practically blind...
  29. Tara

Fundraising and Commercial

Yes, I am quite certain your presumption would be right on... A pipe dream, for sure, to make any headway. I just saw a simple ad the other day (it did use some B or C list actor though), with a simple message about bipolar disorder. Obviously trying to raise awareness. I wondered if maybe...
  30. Tara

Freshveggies methylation journey

Ooooh! That helps soooo much! Thanks a million! Happy healing to you, my friend, and please keep me updated on your progress!