• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Article The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2

Wow! Fantastic, clear and informative write-up, @MEMum. Thank you so much!
  2. R

Psychological side-effects of anti-depressants worse than thought

@Hip & @peggy-sue, I did it and it went through just fine. And I could use a normal way of paying--by credit card. Thanks, @MeSci, for the warning about the .biz site. I'm grateful I landed on the right page! But it's good info for anyone else who might be thinking of using the same pharmacy.
  3. R

Thank you so much, @Hip. When I initially went to the Goldpharma site, it appeared to me that they only deal with wholesalers. I must have arrived on the wrong page of their site. I'll try Gold with your extremely helpful suggestions. Once again, thank you so much!
  4. R

@Hip, when I set about ordering amisulpride from United Pharmacies, the only type of payment they wil accept is an international money transfer from my bank or an international money order. No credit cards, PayPal, etc. I find that a little bit weird and just wanted to check with you to make...
  5. R

Thanks for your post, @Martial. I'm encouraged that you can lol after such a dark journey. I'm glad you mentioned hallucinations. Yes, it's brutal. And life-sapping. I've been tested twice and apparently don't have Lyme, but I do have fribromyalgia and ME/CFS. And none of the SSRIs or...
  6. R

Oh, @Hip, I am nearly weeping with gratitude for your incredibly helpful information. I will order some amisulpride today and start with a very low dose. I'm also going to try the trifecta of NAG, tumeric and flax seed oil that has helped you. At the moment I'm just trying the simplified...
  7. R

@Hip, never mind. I just noticed your "treatment protocol" link, and I went to it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.
  8. R

@Hip, I was reading an old post by you (2012) about the efficacy of small doses (12.5 mg) of Amisulpride helping with depression and irritability. I have been suffering severely for so long with both of these. At the time, this drug was only available in Europe, I believe. I have two...
  9. R

The "Obama Promise" Fulfilled: Obama Requests NIH Elevate Priority of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Thanks so much to the Millers and to Cort for letting us know how to express our thanks to the President. I sent the message via email and the govt. Q&A site. Many, many thanks. Sarah
  10. R

Shallow/Infrequent Breathing

Re: Shallow/Infrequent Breathing "Anyone else get this? Feels like I'm gasping for air. I had asthma as a kid and had an inhaler. Anyone else try albuterol or anything? My doc is rxing it. Maybe it will help. " Yes, I noticed fairly early on with fibro & ME/CFS that I only breathe when I...
  11. R

am trying to understand gene research. Can anyone give me the basic facts?

Wow, thanks for the clear explanation! Sarah
  12. R

Comment by 'robinsonsb' in 'Valcyte: Five Doses Down'

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with this second round of Valcyte as it unfolds! I'm sure I'm not alone in following your posts with great interest and gratitude.
  13. R

Neuro-psych assessment

my neuropsych exam Hi, Kati, My short answer to your question about why they want more is so that they can not give you benefits. Although insurance companies and social security are ostensibly set up to grant disabled people benefits, my sense after being in the system is that they...
  14. R

Which antivirals worked best for you?

Montoya Valcyte study Here's a link to the study I believe Dr. Montoya was referencing in regard to Valcyte: http://www.vicd.info/clinicaltrial.html