• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Food & Medication Intolerances

I haven't been diagnosed as having chronic fatigue syndrome but have symptoms of chronic fatigue related to other neuro-immune issues (POTS, MCAS). Are food and medication intolerances common in this community? And how common?
  2. M

T-regs, hypersensitivity to commensal bacteria

I don't really see this talked about much if at all, but could a significant portion of CFS patients (as well as patients with similar symptoms) be suffering from immune overreaction to commensal bacteria and other benign antigens? There was a Harvard study that found patients with chronic...
  3. M

Sinusitis Linked to Microbial Diversity

Likely we'll see sprays on the market soon if there are more studies like this. I do hope that more inroads are made in bacterial transplant therapies (fecal or otherwise), as I think it's probably the best bet for establishing the most balanced and diverse flora.
  4. M

Yeah- my nose felt a little better (?), but then worse after trying the kimchi. I think probiotoic therapy may be helpful, but the kimchi itself is very hot and spicy; easy to irritate the nose. I don't think it's dangerous; maybe not the smartest idea, but not dangerous. Back on prednisone...
  5. M

How can I heal my gut when it overreacts to every substance?

If no one else has mentioned it in this thread, I strongly recommend a course of rifaximin (northwestpharmacy.com) followed by a low fodmap diet. This is the only thing that worked for me after years of suffering and increasing food intolerances (anxiety, depression, or fogginess after eating...
  6. M

I'm really excited about this as a potential therapy for chronic sinusitis :) B/c of my current state of desperation with my sinus symptoms, I've been willing to try just about anything. I went down to the local Korean drug store and picked up some Kimchi to attempt probiotic therapy. I...
  7. M

Fatigue & sinusitis

I thought the fungal connection was debunked or at least wasn't as conclusive as the initial study made it seem. I've tried antifungal therapies before with no effect whereas I've often experienced a rapid diminishing of symptoms when taking antibiotics even if symptoms return immediately...
  8. M

Neurotensin and CRH Interactions Augment Human Mast Cell Activation

Do you know of any current studies involving neurotensin and mast cells? Article seems to indicate that reducing stress levels would be the best way to reduce MCAS.
  9. M

Fatigue & sinusitis

I think chronic sinusitis is likely mast cell related in many cases without infection or allergies. I developed sinusitis w/ chronic fatigue and cognitive issues after a number of triggers (chemical, surgical). This after a long line of chronic conditions that are likely mast cell...