• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

Klimas Conference Video 3: Voices of Hope

BS - I seriously doubt either of these three had CFS - vitamin supplements - a sleep aid - a VO2 test? Give me a break. This looks like an attempt to show progress where there really is none. If some doctor told me I just had to take more vitamins or get more exercise - I'd be tempted to break...
  2. W

CDC - Allostatic load - nervous system?

I truly appreciate your responses. I have followed the news here for many years but have not entered into a discussion because - well because it's so powerful emotionally to talk to others who understand instead of loosing all contact with the world and life I once knew and this slow descent...
  3. W

Thank you for taking the time to respond. In my time with CFS (17 years), it is clear to me I am easily stressed mentally and that this stress is tremendously debilitating. I am also impacted by PEM and this may disable me for a period of time but is hardly as impactful. An argument, a long...
  4. W

Several years ago the CDC conducted a study suggesting a gene within our nervous system that regulates our reaction to stress was damaged in people with CFS. This was the first thing I ever read about CFS that made sense and could account for the wide diversity of individuals impacted by this...