• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Victronix

podcast: about how the mrna vaccine works and what it pros / cons are

When Campbell says the deaths are not due to COVID it's because they literally are labeled by the organizations putting out the data, non-COVID deaths. That's the definition of "excess deaths" in proximity to a global virus event, that they are not from COVID. Prasad is highly focused on the...
  2. Victronix

podcast: about how the mrna vaccine works and what it pros / cons are

"also research is manipulated so easily that normal people cannot understand it, we cannot take studys and just read the conclussion part. those studies need to be checked by real independent scientists who can detect errors in study design and interpret the raw data." "Independent scientists"...
  3. Victronix

Low potassium symptoms?

That fits me. I have a lot of issues with my gut, bloating and constipation. What's worked for me most recently - the past 6 mo or so - has been tart cherry juice. I usually have a small amount with another juice, like orange or pineapple, with meals and that seems to have helped things...
  4. Victronix

The connection of constipation and methylation

Sorry to hear about the Cipro! I have to pretend to have an allergy just to keep doctors from prescribing it. They really tried to force that on me once (Kaiser Healthcare) but I was aware of the class action lawsuits against it after they mass-prescribed for the postal workers following the...
  5. Victronix

The connection of constipation and methylation

You need to take B-multi vitamins along with B-12 and methylfolate, or it will be over stimulating. Coconut water also worked, for me, to provide enough potassium to compensate for the potassium sink that can get created by the methylators. Low potassium will cause anxiety and other bizarre...
  6. Victronix

B12 Injections vs Transdermal vs Lozenges

I've read some horror stories, initially, of people who tried injecting and nearly passed out, although I know that most people probably don't have that reaction. I'm an extreme "sensitive", so I've always been afraid to even try injecting. Lozenges have mostly worked for me, but never fully...
  7. Victronix

Suspected Overmethylation and Inflammation - How to fix?

Just FYI, taking a B-multi (or other Bs) along with B-12 is necessary to keep from feeling overly anxious. I couldn't take certain Bs (B6, methylfolate) so I take each of the others separately. It does sound like B-12 made a difference for you. The "start-up" effect for me is just like you...
  8. Victronix

Abilify during crash? Save crash?

Yes, it is going off topic. Simply saying that everyone advocating ivermectin is "third rate" isn't the issue. The issue is that doctors need to be allowed to prescribe what they decide is best as long as people are not being injured, rather than having the FDA/CDC rule from above so doctors...
  9. Victronix

"Recently, Caly et al. reported on the antiviral activity of ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19 [9]. These authors demonstrated that a single dose of ivermectin was able to reduce the replication of an Australian isolate of SARS-CoV-2 in Vero/hSLAM cells by...
  10. Victronix

There are a LOT of ivermectin studies out there. Here is a good updated list with filters - https://c19ivermectin.com/#early The trick with Ivermectin is that it has to be taken very early since the mechanism functions to disrupt the replication of the virus. That phase only lasts days, so...
  11. Victronix

Oxford biosciences b12

I have not used it but I have similar energy rollercoaster experiences that are sometimes clearly related to the quality of a B-12 bottle I'm taking. I am also incredibly fatigued right now (taking Nature's Way B-12 Infusion, which used to be Enzymatic Therapy). When I get this, where I don't...
  12. Victronix

NAC did something bad to me -- please help

Wow, I was unaware of FQAD... I knew about the disaster of Cipro from when the postal workers were forced to take it after the anthrax events a couple of decades ago. There were class action lawsuits. Later, Cipro was pushed on me by Kaiser so intensely that I finally claimed I had an allergy...
  13. Victronix

Also, are there any other pharmaceuticals you are currently taking?
  14. Victronix

I've avoided NAC because Fredd had talked about it messing up B-12, I believe, so I don't have any answers (one question is whether you got the vaccine - I've known people that have had spontaneous anaphalaxis reactions that they never had in their life before, after the vaccine). But it's...
  15. Victronix

Shoulder and upper back pain - discontinued vitamin b12

I got terrible neck and shoulder pain when taking methylfolate initially. For some reason that was how it affected me. That would go away over time. B12 has never caused that for me. Some people with B12 deficiencies cannot sleep without B12, and I notice it makes me sleepy at times, but...
  16. Victronix

EXERCISE and Folate and Potassium Balance

I've found that exercise depletes potassium, but I'm not aware of folate or B12.
  17. Victronix

Advice needed

Is that still going on? Just wondering if you got any help or it improved.
  18. Victronix

Desperately in need for help

I could not maintain the potassium sink either, that I had with methylfolate. I tried for months and had to take huge amounts, even in the middle of the night. Finally I gave up and decided to just eat folate rich foods. But no choice, I just couldn't manage the potassium issues. I had those...
  19. Victronix

What triggers folate / B12 intolerance?

I did the low and slow thing with methylfolate and gradually increased, but was never able to conquer the massive need for potassium, which did go away for me with B-12. My initial amounts of folate were minuscule, literally a sort of head-of-a-pin sized amount from a capsule.
  20. Victronix

Need help you the experts here

The inactive (synthetic) form of folate, folic acid, will actually block the active form, so you might not want to take that. But it's up to you. That's also the case for inactive B12, to some extent. Great that Jarrow makes a 500 mcg now, I hadn't seen that. What I did with mfolate was get...
  21. Victronix

Need help you the experts here

I take the other Bs individually but in very small dosages to try to approximate what is in a typical B-multi. I can't tolerate methylfolate or B6, and those are in all the B-multis, so no choice, but it's worked for me. I get potassium from coconut water and bananas, which is about all I need...
  22. Victronix

Has anyone had a Covid vaccine yet?

Eric Clapton gave a pretty good interview about what happened with his neuropathy after getting the vaccine. He rambles on a bit, but gets into some detail. https://rumble.com/viomkn-eric-clapton-exclusive-and-uncensored-discusses-the-last-18-months-after-th.html
  23. Victronix

Has anyone had a Covid vaccine yet?

A group of people suffering from reactions to the vaccines have put a website together which includes published case studies, mainly of neurological incidents, but also POTS, MS flares, myocarditis, etc. Might be useful to look at for those still considering the vaccine -...
  24. Victronix

Gallbladder (Bile) and SIBO

I just had my gallbladder removed in January. It melted down last April and improved after a nearly zero fats diet (by the time of the surgery I was at 105 lbs) but as I returned to a more normal diet, eventually over a the course of the year, it got worse and worse. By November the...
  25. Victronix

Any more vaccination personal stories?

A friend of mine who got the two shots got several illnesses over a period of weeks - a cold sore (which he never gets), prostatitis (with 103 degree fever, was put on drugs and recovered) and finally shingles. His initial experience with getting the shots was a high fever and two days of...
  26. Victronix

Worse or better after menopause?

There are a lot of variables involved. My understanding is that older women, today, used the estrogen from horse urine, whereas women now being prescribed estrogen are often using the so called bio-identical version, which is thought to make it less likely to cause cancer since it is similar to...
  27. Victronix

What do we know about the new Pfizer Covid 19 vaccine's mechanisms and ME/CFS patients?

That's interesting - someone I know who got the vaccine just got shingles, and he's only in his early 50s. Before that he got a UTI that might have also been prostatitis (with a 103+ fever), which he's never gotten before either. He's had a lot of stress, but it was surprising to him. Still...
  28. Victronix

Women and Covid vaccine

Oh, in case it's relevant, there's a recent story about the effects of the vaccine on women's menstrual cycles but also the broad effects being worse: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9446907/Some-women-report-heavier-painful-PERIODS-getting-COVID-19-vaccine.html
  29. Victronix

Why this reaction to CALCIUM D GLUCARATE?!?

BTW, just heard that a side effect of some of the COVID vaccines can be excessive menstrual bleeding, fyi, in case you had one of them. A professor or MD is apparently attempting to track the incidence of this and has gotten many women complaining about it.
  30. Victronix

Managing Potassium Deficiency - Share your experience

I had a pretty severe potassium deficiency issue for years and then it gradually improved, but will likely never fully resolve - the easiest fastest thing that works for me is coconut water. I used to have a banana a day, also, but then my doctor recommended not doing that because of the sugar...