• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. jasrich

Methylation Pathway Panel--Which One?

The instructions do, yes, but my understanding is that Yasko recommends staying on supps to see how you are doing while taking what you take every day rather than trying to get a baseline for what isn't really your baseline if you take supps every day.
  2. jasrich

Methylation Pathway Panel--Which One?

Do you recommend collecting specimens for the NutraEval on or off supps and meds like antihistamines? Thanks. Jason
  3. jasrich

Lecithin Quality Concern

Junie, how much do you take? Tx.
  4. jasrich

Rebuilding supplements & suddenly hit a wall

I don't know that the l-carnitine fumarate made me sleepy - it just didn't help provide the energy and wakefulness that the ALCAR seems to. Yes, biotin will cause headaches and constipation. It should be taken with magnesium which alleviates both of those side-effects.
  5. jasrich

Fumarate - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B7LZ2S/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I found this interesting article that is sort of on point - http://www.jacn.org/content/30/3/178.full . I'm already supping biotin but only 5mg 2x/day so I suppose that I could go up to see if taste...
  6. jasrich

Following up - I had discontinued the acetyl-l-carnitine after narrowing down the metallic taste to that supplement. I replaced it with l-carnitine for a couple of weeks and the taste was not present. However, I wasn't getting the energy boost from the l-carnitine that I did from the ALC so I...
  7. jasrich

Well, the Thorne B-Complex only has the Bs in it, and all in the active forms which I had worked up to supplementing almost all of individually. I was choosing what I considered to be the lesser of two evils of getting all of the Bs in in at least a low dose, since they work better together and...
  8. jasrich

My Yasko SNPs (just created a new sig).
  9. jasrich

Well, yes it has been a big problem before, but it had gotten much better lately with the addition of mitochondrial supports such as d-ribose, acetyl-l-carnitine, CoQ10 and mag malate. I take a lot of supps including Thorne's Stress B-Complex...
  10. jasrich

Following - same problem here with sudden onset of daytime sleepiness - I share most of your SNPs, including CBS.
  11. jasrich

Excitotoxicty from diet - or too much glutamate?

You should see this site - http://lowoxalate.info/ and check out this group - http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Trying_Low_Oxalates/ . Many of us are rejects from doing exactly what you are doing - going hard core with dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds and other high oxalate foods. That's not to...
  12. jasrich

Anyone on the Thorne Basic V?

I'm still figuring it out but it includes things like supps to boost immunoglobins, specific probiotics (lactobicillus) to address deficiency noted in my functional labs, butyrate, also to address gut health, and topical pregnenolone and curcumin to address inflammation. And I'm taking vit A, D...
  13. jasrich

Anyone on the Thorne Basic V?

I had worked up to 2+2 of the Thorne V and wasn't feeling particularly good on it. I'm working with a functional medicine guy who took me off of it, favoring supp of just the things I need instead of shot-gun approach with MV. I've gone back and forth between those two approaches for a year...
  14. jasrich

Wanting to get started on simplified protocol while awaiting genetic testing results

Thanks so much for looking over my labs Rich. I really appreciate your time and feedback. I did a comp stool analysis with GPL at the same time that I did the OAT and UAA. My main issues there were enterobacter aerogenes +1, candida +1, elevated SIgA, clostridium spp 3+, and lots of undigested...
  15. jasrich

Wanting to get started on simplified protocol while awaiting genetic testing results

Bump for Rich although not trying to hurry you. Just want to make sure that you saw my post above. Tx.
  16. jasrich

Multivitamin with methylfolate?

Hi Rich, thanks for the comprehensive reply/explanation. I had read the whole debate between you and Fredd about whether folinic acid is detrimental, but I had not put it together that calcium folinate is folinic acid - new to all of this bio-chemistry. So this is that same debate and your...
  17. jasrich

Multivitamin with methylfolate?

I am heterozygous for both so are you implying that the Thorne V is not appropriate for people with these mutations because we will not be able to benefit from the methylfolate due to the calcium folinate? I'm confused, also as to why Rich is considering it for his protocol, if this is an issue.
  18. jasrich

OK, trying again. Here are my meds: 112 mcg of Tirosint thyroid (T4, like Synthroid, but hypoallergenic) 15-20 mcg of slow release T3 thyroid split into 5x dosing throughout day and night to more closely mimic the body's actual production, and to limit stress on the adrenals About to add LDN...
  19. jasrich

Crazy insane itching! Somebody make it go away!

I took 8mg of copper gluconate and I think it helped some.
  20. jasrich

I am itching too, taking three caps of the Thorne V in the AM and one in the PM, along with several other vits and supps. Thorne has all of the above in it so could be that. I was supplementing copper because I test deficient in it (hair) but had recently stopped it. Maybe I need to add it back...
  21. jasrich

I often itch for no apparent reason but not continuously. However, I have been experiencing allergy like SX over the past couple of weeks for which some kind of antihistamine was appropriate. Benadryl sort of stopped working for me at some point, or at least the generic Rite Aid stuff did - it...
  22. jasrich

Argh, lost a big post. Rich, thanks much for offering to help me. I hope that you are recovering well from your knee surgery. I'm going to have to work on reproducing all of the lab values that I had already typed in before my PC rebooted itself after updates. I'll do that tomorrow but I...
  23. jasrich

Hi Rich, I have been noticing much better and consistent energy with the Thorne MV, pretty much without any additional B12 except for using some 1000mcg MB12 lozenges that I have. That seemed to be working pretty well except that for the past few nights, after going up on the Thorne to 3 caps in...
  24. jasrich

One more, is it necessary to get the methylation testing from Health Diagnostics if I have OAT and UAA tests already? If so, am I correct that I have to have my MD fax an order to them in the NL? Thanks, Jason
  25. jasrich

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Place, I have read your entire thread with interest and noted your experience with potassium. I test very deficient in K, by hair, but when I tried to supplement even 500mgs per day in divided doses I had lots of energy but I also couldn't sleep and started...
  26. jasrich

Hi all, I'm a first time poster here. I'm a 44 year old male who has been suffering from Lyme disease and other chronic infections for at least 9 years, and from auto-immune thyroid disease and adrenal fatigue for at least that long (diagnosed with Hashimotos in 2004 and Graves with eye disease...