• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Why do I have awful puffy eyes and other people who sleep terrible with CFS/M.E look ok?

Could I ask what brand it is? As I live in the UK so I can try and order it online :)
  2. J

Why do I have awful puffy eyes and other people who sleep terrible with CFS/M.E look ok?

I cant find an anti histamine that isnt glazed with lactose :(
  3. J

Adrenal testing

Hi adreno thank you for the response! I have had a synacathen test done which came back normal, however I am convinced adrenal fatigue is the reason for my insomnia. Would you suggest having the saliva test done?
  4. J

Adrenal testing

Hi everyone I am considering having my adrenals tested via the saliva testing throughout the day, I have already been tested via the synacathen test but someone suggested that test is not the best for determining adrenal fatigue/exhaustion. Could anyone enlighten me about the best method of...
  5. J

Thank you , I have thought about asking for my results from my GP an actually seeing my levels im in the process of saving to see a CFS doc here in the uk so I think I will wait until then :)
  6. J

I have never slept well and been pursuing the cause as a sleep disorder for about 5 years before my doc said ok im extensively test you and he sent me off for sleep studies full blood panels and every test came back normal! Then I was told I had CFS, I cant tolerate gluten or dairy but im...
  7. J

Thanks for the replys! I have been tested for Hypothyroidism, B Vitamin Def and anaemia and all showed normal. As for mutations in the MTHFR gene thats very interesting but getting tested for that in the UK I think would be next to impossible :( Thanks you again for the responses James
  8. J

Hi all this is my first post, im 24 and I live in the UK and I have had CFS for 11 years :(. One of the first things people noticed about me was my puffy eyes as a child. Does anyone know what causes puffy eyes in relation to CFS. My sleep is terrible, very poor quality and duration. However, I...