• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Katherine

Exercise induced tachycardia

I also experienced 'extra beats' very regularly and in fact this always is more pronounced during a relapse for me and then almost disappears after I recover from the relapse. I probably noticed the appearance of extra beats before any other symptom and before I realised I was unwell. In...
  2. Katherine

Fluoridation Linked to ADHD, Hypothyroid - newsweek article

This is a rather huge topic to get into, but you shouldn't assume that everything written in your history books is full of truth. Check out other authors such as Anthony Sutton and you will find some interesting information about WW1 and WW2....read about the Rothschilds and the American...
  3. Katherine

True, he spent decades of research in the Library of Congress under the supervision of Ezra Pound. His other books are also very interesting - Secrets of the Federal Reserve, The World Order, Curse of Canaan...... In fact, there are not many authors you can trust on these subject matters.
  4. Katherine

You can find out how our water came to be fluoridated by reading Chapter 5 (pg 91) of this book 'Murder by Injection' by Eustace Mullins https://humanbeingsfirst.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/cacheof-eustace_mullins___murder_by_injection__1988_.pdf All his other books are excellent, if you have...
  5. Katherine

Results for Lyme...

It is possible to be bitten by a tick and not have a Borrelia burgdorferi infection but you should probably check out other pathogens that the ticks carry too, such as this one - 'Evidence for Disseminated Mycoplasma fermentans in New Jersey Residents with Antecedent Tick Attachment and...
  6. Katherine

Results for Lyme...

If MM has not been proven to be pathogenic in humans how are they going to interpret those results if positive and what treatment prescribed? Did you ask for the test or was it recommended?
  7. Katherine

Done reading PLAGUE by Dr. Judy Mikovits

The following taken from 'The Extremely Unfortunate Skull Valley Incident' book: 1984 In the summer of 1984, as we have earlier noted, a construction crew arrived at the high school (Tahoe-Truckee) and installed a new air conditioning/heating system. The new system had an unusual feature: each...
  8. Katherine

Have ME/CFS and just diagnosed with C-Diff....

How exactly did they diagnose you with C. diff?
  9. Katherine

CFS is a Bacterial Infection

@knackers Due to the situation in Ukraine (US organised coup promoting civil war/genocide, >30,000 dead already) it is highly unlikely that the guy in Ukraine will be a viable option for help at the moment since the insanity over there is persisting. I do know that he is not contactable at the...
  10. Katherine

Reality of my ME/CFS

Since you are only 22 you obviously aren't a Gulf War Vet, however you may have been exposed to certain pathogens that were released over there during that war. Recent vaccinations may also need to be considered. Could be a combination of both. You should probably try to contact Garth Nicolson...
  11. Katherine

US Lab gov lab making deadly mistakes

There was also this incident in 2009 http://www.ctvnews.ca/baxter-admits-flu-product-contained-live-bird-flu-virus-1.374503 Some questioned whether such a contamination could have been accidental...
  12. Katherine

I can hear fluid releasing,then instantly relieving pressure at base of skull

I had stiffness and some pain in the upper spine which then spread to the muscles either side of the upper spine, affecting normal movement of the shoulders. The stiffness then spread to the neck and finally to the scalp muscles creating tension and a feeling of pressure around my head but...
  13. Katherine

NICE : "Do not do" recommendations for (not) treating ME/CFS

My doctor also employs this tactic. He describes my condition as long-standing fatigue of uncertain origin (along with other symptoms), therefore he is compelled to investigate.
  14. Katherine

V. Lombardi, et al, new poster: HERV in pDC as biomarkers & TLR defects

I heard that Yersinia enterocolitica was thought to be implicated in the Lyndonville outbreak, but apparently Dr. David Bell said that it was not published.
  15. Katherine

BMJ latest: Fibro, like ME, is a somatoform disorder

Regarding Prof Rahman, who would think that a degree from Oxford would equip you to write such crap.
  16. Katherine

Antibiotics

Thanks. I didn't personally hear this from him though and I saw him last year.
  17. Katherine

Antibiotics

Where did you get that from? If that was true about 97% success rate, I'm sure all his patients would know about that. I was never told that. It's certainly something that you would want to broadcast if it was true.
  18. Katherine

Have here anyone seen KDM at WPI? Can you tell me about your experience?

Are you sure? I was diagnosed with late stage Lyme and he recommended oral.
  19. Katherine

In Belgium to see KDM

Sure, I do see that point, but really can you put a ban on people posting about their experiences/opinions of doctors and the testing and treatment they administer? It's not practical. In life people often rely on the recommendations of other people...but that is a choice. Whatever you do, you...
  20. Katherine

In Belgium to see KDM

Without wanting to derail an interesting thread, I think people can post anything they want in a free world. Including opinions, dare I say :nervous: Everyone makes their own choice. If people talk honestly I can't see the concern.
  21. Katherine

In Belgium to see KDM

I read many accounts on here, good and bad, before I went to see a CFS doc for testing. Ultimately it was my personal decision. I think it would be very detrimental to all members if they could only talk about treatments and doctors via PM. You can learn something by reading about other people's...
  22. Katherine

In Belgium to see KDM

Sure, people already do that here on this forum....those members who don't mind posting their results publicly. My point is that if people are good enough to write about their experiences on here for the benefit of others, we should at least expect them to write honestly, otherwise what is the...
  23. Katherine

In Belgium to see KDM

Cure is dependent on what the patient has been diagnosed with and whether the problem has been correctly identified and then treated. My post did not talk about blaming doctors. I was interested in what people are being diagnosed with who are visiting CFS clinics and how that is being treated...
  24. Katherine

In Belgium to see KDM

I agree. In fact it would be interesting if CFS docs could list how many patients they are currently treating, what they have been diagnosed with (test results), how they are treating the diseases and who has been cured. Obviously not naming patients but just producing data on what the clinic is...
  25. Katherine

family intervention for chronic fatigue syndrome

Completely bizarre. What a waste of money.
  26. Katherine

In Belgium to see Dr de Meirleir

Thankfully, I avoided taking the antibiotics until I have completed a few more tests, so there is still an opportunity to discuss the treatment :)
  27. Katherine

Exactly, but since Valentijn posted that she was due to start IV antibiotics, I just wondered if other people had been given that choice or not :) All patients visiting KDM would have an interest in that.
  28. Katherine

I agree, all of the above are factors that would influence whether the patient's own situation would enable them to have access to IV antibiotics. My point is that all treatment options should be discussed before prescribing drugs. It's important that each patient is given the choice of...
  29. Katherine

Sushi, while I see your point, it is not acceptable to assume that someone cannot get the best treatment available. My doctor has ordered tests that have been deemed impossible to get for other CFS patients. I'm not relying on the NHS either, I have a private doctor and he will work with me on...
  30. Katherine

I agree, but the point is that in my case, I wasn't asked if I could get to the clinic or if I had a doctor in the UK that was able to prescribe IV antibiotics. For me, given the option, I can potentially do both. I was just curious if other patients had been given the option or discussed it. I...