• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Quit methylation - started mitochondrial stack - still need as much potassium?

@kraken I have started and stopped b12 and folate on several occasions and found that I continue to need potassium for up to 5-6weeks after. It may be even longer than that as I have often taken more b12/folate before the hypokalemia slowed down. It seems to have an also binary effect on the...
  2. M

Potassium/Sodium Balance

Oh...forgot to ask. That 3,700mg of potassium. Is that purely supplemental or does it include food. Thanks again..
  3. M

Potassium/Sodium Balance

@caledonia, Thanks for responding. My adrenal/hpa axis appears impaired...24 hour cortisol is a flat line. I had been hoping that that was a result of methylation issues (via disfunction high up in the axis), but it's hard to say at this point. One other question, I know you go low and slow...
  4. M

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Hip, I have considered Iboga treatment (as well as ayuhuasca) for several reasons. But it is not a very accessible treatment. I am curious....how did you get it?
  5. M

Potassium/Sodium Balance

Hi @caledonia, This is way long ago, I know, but can you recall where you saw or heard this about potassium loss and leaky gut? Is the idea that potassium is lost due to poor absorbtion or is there some other mechanism at play.? I would have thought that one needs sufficient methylation for...
  6. M

Symptoms of potassium deficiency while doing methylation protocol

@silverseas2014...Im just getting time to finally reply. Thank you for your thorough response. I am glad to hear you are seeing some clear signs of healing. And thanks for the reminder of the need to be patient with the ups and downs and the tearing down and building up process. I so...
  7. M

Ammonia/sulfur issues or start-up...how does one know?

@skyebean, I am glad you feel you are still healing despite the roller coaster. I have to remember that the bumpy ride is totally normal in the healing process. There seems to be some debate about whether or not there is overmethylation or not. I am curious, when you say "when I am in a state...
  8. M

@amho, thank you for taking time to respond. I have been reading a bit about the ammonia/sulfur indications that Yasko points to (high taurine and several other things). I have scoured over all my old and recent labs and I have few of the indicators that this is an issue. I have been...
  9. M

Symptoms of potassium deficiency while doing methylation protocol

Hi @silverseas2014 How might you know what "healing turned on and staying on" looks or feels like? What's signs are indicative of that for you? Since most healing things for me tend to not typically feel good, I have a hard time discerning this... Sherpa thanks for raising the question...
  10. M

Query regarding methylfolate and mb12 ratios

Hi C, How much potassium are you taking? I relate to how you describe your fatigue and the ups and downs etc. I will say, as I have recently gotten all the DQ in place, the potassium need seems to be quite real. Until I am in the 1500mg range most of my heart palps and crampy muscles etc...
  11. M

@picante, Good questions, thanks for asking. I am very much wondering about the ratios as well. Thought I'd settle on this regimen for now and see what is happening in two weeks or so (I have a terrible habit of jumping, reacting, and popping more supps with every swing of symptoms patterns...
  12. M

Thanks for reply Freddd. And thank you, thank you for the endless hours you have spent helping people you will never meet to overcome this diabolical affliction. I wonder then, in the absence of CblC...is this mechanism of ATP-Ammonia prevalent? My sense though is that if the CBS/NOS...
  13. M

Forgot to mention... I have had amalgam fillings (maybe 5 or 6)...all but one is left. I was told at last dentist appt that it looked pretty good. Not sure if it is a good idea to remove. I gather there is much debate on the matter...
  14. M

I have done the Doctors Data Urine Toxic Metals test with pre and post test (challenge agent was DMPS). The only things above reference range post challenge were Bismuth, Cesium, Mercury (reference is <3 mine was 7.2 which is approx 1.5 standard deviations). Lead ref was <2 and mine is exactly...
  15. M

Ahhh... Thanks minkeygirl. Just learning ropes of posting. @dbkita
  16. M

Hi All, I have read a considerable amount on this forum since 2010, but this is my first time posting. I am not good at asking for help, but its time I get over that hang-up. I am way overwhelmed these days and was hoping maybe someone here could help me??? I will spare the details, but...