• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

New thyroid med with T3/T4 -- now I'm a potassium hog

Hi Picante, can I butt in here and relay my own experience with T3, T4 and B12? Here's the short version: When I found Freddd's active B12 protocol I was on Mexican cynomel and could not tolerate any T4. After about a year and a half of Mb12, ADB12 and folate I tried some Naturethroid that I...
  2. P

MTHFRade & electrolytes: tips & tricks

I have been using Seeking Health Optimal Electrolyte for about 3 months. My understanding is the dose of d-ribose is too small to have much effect. I got orange flavored the first times and mixed a scoop with 16 oz of water. Last time I got berry flavored and need to mix it with a quart, or...
  3. P

Could it be Folate Deficiency?

Blood tests for folate generally include folic acid which could be building up because you can't convert it to folate, and it could be blocking folate at the same time. And folic acid can cover up B12 deficiency in lab work. The best test to see if you are deficient in B12 is to take it and see...
  4. P

Armour & Cortef safe with methyl supplements?

I was taking hydrocortisone when I began using B12 properly, per Freddd's protocol. My need for hydrocortisone vanished and I weaned off it, leading me to speculate that my so-called adrenal problems were really B12 deficiency. I was also intolerant of thyroid meds and was taking T3 only. Since...
  5. P

When does overmethylation stop?

Your symptoms sound like low potassium, common with the onset of healing.
  6. P

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Apparently B12 is grown on yeast and each producer uses a unique strain, so all Mb12 is not created equal. Freddd has said that he feels Enzy is superior to any other brand, regardless of dose. Taking 5 or 10 or even 20 times as much of an inferior brand does not produce the same effect. I...
  7. P

B12 and Hypothyroidism

If you read through older posts you will find both Freddd and Rich V warning people not to stop their thyroid meds when they go on B12. Rich said that it is only possible to reverse thyroid disease in the very early stages. It is easy to confuse hyperthyroid symptoms with something else. So like...
  8. P

B12 effect starting and stopping

Jarrow B right contains folic acid which could be causing you harm.
  9. P

Help! methylation issue. adding magnesium makes magnesium deficiency worse.

have you tried using methylfolate in place of folic acid? Folic acid is a synthetic form of folate and causes problems for those who cannot convert it to a usable form. 47 mcg of B12 isn't much.
  10. P

Transdermal B12 with DMSO - Has anyone tried it

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/jarrow-did-it-change.18154/
  11. P

Transdermal B12 with DMSO - Has anyone tried it

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/alternative-ways-of-administering-high-dose-vitamin-b12.9868/
  12. P

Stopping B12 to go n Methylation

as far as I can tell Jarrow B complex still contains folic acid and is therefore has not been recommended by Freddd for quite a while. Sorry you read outdated information.
  13. P

Freddd Protocol: Brands and Doses

Is the oil a transdermal oil? if so doesn't the Mb12 break down quickly when exposed to light?
  14. P

Continous side effect: Cold hands and feet/freezing

IMO the only thyroid test worth it is Free T3. TSH will be very suppressed if you take any T3,including that in Armour or any other natural desiccated thyroid. High T4 might mean several different things. Stop the Thyroid Madness is a good resource if you want to learn more...
  15. P

Folate Deficiency due to MB12?

There is no set ratio. Take enough folate to avoid folate deficiency symptoms. You might try searching this forum for paradoxical folate deficiency.
  16. P

Continous side effect: Cold hands and feet/freezing

kraken, I wonder if you are hypothyroid. If you have not seen your lab results but been told "normal" you might be very hypo. The lab ranges for T4/T3 are kinda low. And you say you are taking T3? Are you selenium deficient? You need selenium to convert T4 to T3. In my own experience, my free T3...
  17. P

Enzymatic Therapy B12 changed their formula

There has always been fluctuation in the color of Enzymatic Therapy B Infusion, apparently it has to do with how finely the red cobalamin is ground, and has no effect on potency or quality.
  18. P

How much Metafolin do I take?

I'm pretty sure OTC metafolin tops out at 800 mcg, which IMO is a small amount. it s available by prescription as Deplin in 7500 and 15000 mcg. If you have good rx coverage it may be cheaper that way. Are you taking any adb12? AKA dibencozide or dibencoplex? If not this might be something that...
  19. P

Loading B12 or not?

It is believed that Jarrow B12 changed somehow and lost it's effectiveness about two years ago. Try Enzymatic Therapy B12 Infusion 1000 mcg Country Life MethylB12 5000 mcg.
  20. P

One year on Methylation treatment - new health issues

PennyA, I'm attaching a link to a thread about NAC. It contains some arguments pro and con, but the gist is that some people are adversely affected by NAC. I was warned off it long before I found this group. Something to consider if you are not getting better...
  21. P

Would B-12 shots help or hinder the Freddd protocol?

It should have an expiration date on the bottle, The batch I bought in early May, which has no preservative, says it expires in late August. Yours should keep in the fridge for a few months. Of course you always use a new sterilized needle!
  22. P

Throwing in my two cents worth about pharmacies. Pick one that fills lots of MB12 prescriptions. They are more likely to know what they are doing than a compounding pharmacy that has never made a batch of MB12. Some compounding pharmacies don't even have the facilities to make Mb12. None of my...
  23. P

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Here is a link to the original thread discussing the change to Jarrow B12 two years ago. It might shed some light in the recent questions about it: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/jarrow-did-it-change.18154/
  24. P

I got my prescription from a naturopath. I pay for it myself, no rx coverage on my no-good insurance plan.
  25. P

There are plenty of compounding pharmacies in the US that sell injectable methyl B12. Mine comes from California.
  26. P

Bloating with MSM?

I started taking MSM a week or two ago and take it in the evening because I want it to work on my stiff joints overnight. No sleep problems. I buy it at the feed store, BTW.
  27. P

After about 18 months on Freddd's protocol I got an rx for 1000 mcg methylB12 per day by injection. I pay about $1 per shot and do it myself. I am very very happy with the results. If you can get the rx, go for it! I still use sublingual Mb12 too,
  28. P

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Saint, you have brought up several issues and questions. I am addressing only a few. Jarrow methyl B12 changed about 2 years ago and is no longer a recommended brand. Try Enzymatic Therapy B12 infusion or Country Life methyl B12 5000 mg instead. Anxiety, muscle spasms and insomnia that appear...
  29. P

Potassium Tablet recommendations. Citrate? Gluconate? Help

Walmart has K gluconate dirt cheap. Seems to work just fine.