• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I.R.Baboon

Your typical heart rate (pulse)

I usually have 45-55. Low indeed, but I think it's not pathologic because I was a competitive athlete at a young age and therefore have developed a natural big vagotonia heart. BP is normal. But on easy excercise like running, I nowadays get very real problems like all of you. Among other things...
  2. I.R.Baboon

23andme methylation SNPs again

No, it's a mistake. No mutation = enzyme working at normal speed. Apart from that, there is no real "normal". It's just like "The majority of people have version xy of the gene. The enzyme it codes is working at speed x". Other versions/mutations of the gene may cause the enzyme to work at a...
  3. I.R.Baboon

I've studied biochemistry for 2 years, but due to cancer and ME I had to give up. So I have a very basic knowledge of how enzymes, genes etc. work. I came up myself with some of the conclusions/comments, others were just noted from the links. But to be honest, I don't trust Amy Yasko's work that...
  4. I.R.Baboon

NK cell function

There are two labs in germany but I don't know if they accept european/international customers. http://www.ganzimmun.de/ and http://www.imd-berlin.de/ The problem is that the blood sample needs to be there within 24h. I'm going to do this test at Ganzimmun, because they also test standard and...
  5. I.R.Baboon

MTHFS defect (folinic acid intolerance) - request for genetic data

Remove the little plus boxes (images) or copy/paste into notepad beforehand. //edit: there also is an edit button
  6. I.R.Baboon

I can't be sure wether this really relates to CFS. Before my flu/mono 8 years ago I was completely healthy and genes don't change over time. The Light's gene expression study* shows some altered expression after excercise in specific genes of CFS patients, but the only one overlapping is COMT...
  7. I.R.Baboon

Seeking 23andme input to track down ME/CFS genetic predisposition

<mine rs12737233 TT rs3750834 AA rs11135434 CT
  8. I.R.Baboon

Good evening. Today I just received my 23andme results and I want to see if I should do changes to my methylation protocol based on what the SNPs imply. At the moment I'm on the standard (methylmate b and hydroxob12 drops etc.) protocol, but it didn't do anything in 3 months. Table...
  9. I.R.Baboon

MTHFS defect (folinic acid intolerance) - request for genetic data

Didn't notice any problems tolerating folinic acid. Here are my results: Gene, Position, SNP, Versions, Genotype MTHFS, ST20-MTHFS 80136129 rs685487 A or G AG MTHFS, ST20-MTHFS 80136288 rs8033649 A or C CC MTHFS, ST20-MTHFS 80137560 rs8923 C or T TT MTHFS, ST20-MTHFS 80138571 rs2733103 C or T...
  10. I.R.Baboon

Medical Marijuana and ME/CFS?

It's useful for sleeping, calming down, forgetting things you don't want to think about at the time. But as a medication over the day I think it's rather distracting and tiresome. Also I noticed that different types of marijuana have very different effects, but none of this (in 8 years) was...
  11. I.R.Baboon

Simplified Methylation Protocol Revised as of Today

Thanks, Rich! I just received my supplements from Holistic Health and I'm kinda surprised it passed through the german customs without any problems; so I'm starting today (with testing if I tolerate each of these in general). But I have one concern: Two years before I got 2x cisplatin...