• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Gestalt

Anxiety, Ammonia, and the NMDA Receptor

I don't think so. At least I haven't seen any evidence that it does.
  2. Gestalt

I took this one: http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Yucca-Stalk-490-mg-180-Capsules/2052#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=yucca&rc=142&sr=null&ic=5
  3. Gestalt

Activated charcoal will probably work the best of all of those. Nothing compares to yucca though.
  4. Gestalt

Take yucca to find out. If the symptoms go away it's likely ammonia, and you have a fungal/candida issue. If the yucca dosen't work it could also be a sharp boost in serotnin from the RS, or even LPS excitoxicity from herx due to RS.
  5. Gestalt

Are the aches in the joints or the muscles?
  6. Gestalt

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

I am one of those people allergic to latex, banana and kiwis. I also tried supplementing with plantain flour instead of/in addition to Potato Starch but it always made me feel queasy. Dr.Grace then pointed out to me the plantain-banana-latex connection. @Vegas I am wondering if you have any...
  7. Gestalt

There was a really good thread on microglial activation and excitotoxicity on this forum a couple of years ago, but I can't find it. In any case it's integral to understanding the mechanics of brain fog and most other mental issues people w/ CFS experience. "Glutamate is a prime example of an...
  8. Gestalt

I think how the homemade yogurt/kefir is cultured and by what is extremely important. I think lactic acid gets a bad rap because people are paranoid about it because the word acid freaks them out. Then they automatically assume that's what causes them issues. However there is a 3rd most...
  9. Gestalt

If I had to borrow a page from the skin...something I have been doing a lot of research into recently: http://www.gestaltreality.com/2014/07/08/healing-skin-by-altering-its-ph-microbial-malassezia-profile/ Skin "permeability" appears to be primarily mediated by pH. Skin naturally has a pH...
  10. Gestalt

That may not have been lactic acid you were reacting to. Some foods are fermented with yeasts and god knows what else so there are many other variables to account for. I normally stay clear of all fermented foods, but recently tried BioK+ and an organic kefir and have been fine. Likewise with...
  11. Gestalt

Sidereal, elevated CSF lactate seems to correlate with mechanical head injury. This study is almost identical, but has nothing to do with CFS. Unless all people with CFS have permanent mechanical brain injuries? Prognostic significance of ventricular CSF lactic acidosis in severe head injury...
  12. Gestalt

Lactic Acid causing muscle aches is a persistent MYTH that needs to go away. "Robergs et al. have discussed the creation of H+ during exercise,[11] and claim the idea that lactic acid causes acidosis is a "construct" or myth, pointing out that part of the H+ comes from ATP hydrolysis (ATP−4 +...
  13. Gestalt

Candida & Biofilms - Theory & Protocol

So I went to my local health store asking for straight up lactic acid, and was surprised when the girl said yea, they just got some in. Pretty cool. Should help acidify my gut. http://www.avogel.ca/en/health/digestive-problems/molkosan-superfood.php
  14. Gestalt

I'm taking this exact one and am already at 2 tbsp a day. No extra gas/bloating. So far I am liking it. Dr.Grace pointed out though that this may be different than Acacia "gum" as it's a "fiber". I am curious if there is a difference and if there is would like to try the gum as well. I tried...
  15. Gestalt

I take both, plus about a dozen others brands/combinations.
  16. Gestalt

My apologies my statement was misleading. It would be more accurate to say the 13 years prior to 2 years ago. I have been relatively brain fog free since mid 2012 when I first discovered yucca as you can read about in my first post on the matter here. This forum acts like a journal with time...
  17. Gestalt

I always wondered how Candida created an alkaline environment for itself...now I know how! "Candida not only prefer an alkaline (or less acidic) environment; it actually acts to further reduce the acidity of your intestines. One of Candida’s byproducts is ammonia, an alkaline gas that forms...
  18. Gestalt

Came across the following on another forum.
  19. Gestalt

So trying to figure out what is the best supplement source for farnesol and phenethyl alcohol are. Ideas anyone?
  20. Gestalt

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

MCS, no. food/intolerance's allergies yes, all my life.
  21. Gestalt

Yes, and chaga maybe. My old symptoms are listed at the beginning of this thread. My current symptom is just straight up lack of energy.
  22. Gestalt

On a good day I am a 9/10 on a bad day 6/10. Not doing these treatments anymore. It is my conclusion based off seeing what happened with myself and my gf, the estrogen issue really is a microbial issue. http://www.gestaltreality.com/2013/09/21/metabolic-cholestatic-pruritus/ It has to do with...
  23. Gestalt

Try Yerba Santa. Worked like a charm for my gf... http://www.gestaltreality.com/2012/07/16/curing-psoriasis-eczema/ Also Mangosteen extract seems to be helping balance her hormones lately. The compound you are after is "xanthones".
  24. Gestalt

I was using: http://www.ultimateglucosamine.com/professionals/product.shtml Not sure on it's source...
  25. Gestalt

The fatigue effects I felt from taking NAG may have been fueling my candida issue. Consider the following: "GlcNAc signaling is under investigation in the human fungal pathogen Candida albicans because it is a potent inducer of hyphal growth, whereas other sugars are not (2). GlcNAc induces...
  26. Gestalt

So I was supplementing with N-Acetylegulcosamine (GlcNAc) for a while as it is thought to be an excellent prebiotic and is used in the synthesis of Hyaluronan. Initially I felt a bit better taking it, but then severe fatigue began to set in. I may have been inadvertently promoting the virulence...
  27. Gestalt

I have also tried experimenting with NAG. I tried large doses of 1 tsp. At first I thought it made me feel better, but then after a while my fatigue got worse. So I stopped it. I also experimented with D-Mannose in the past, but there seemed to be no beneficial effects. If you have Lyme I...
  28. Gestalt

Semantic clarification, as you seem to be confusing the matter. "GG" which I have means I have a functioning FUT2 gene meaning I am a fucose secretor. "AG" also would be a functioning FUT2 gene. This on the other hand means I do not have the gene for "norovirus resistance", as that is "AA"...