• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Has anyone "pushed through" "exitoxicity" type sypmtoms?

For me it was NAC that pushed me over the edge. I am +/- for two CBS SNPs. It takes me about a week or so of no NAC to simmer back down. Because I am COMT +/+ I just started using hydroxyB12 vs Mb12. I have not tried potassium. Perhaps I should because muscle cramps are a big issue for me.
  2. L

Rich------Suggestions for CBS Mutation

Again, thanks for the great advice. You gave me a brain cramp with your explaination on 5P5. :ill: I love it. The body is so complicated - which is amazing and wonderful when things are all working the way they ought to. On Lyme - I've never been tested. Something to look into I suppose...
  3. L

Thank you Rich - that was informative. I'm sure it is difficult to repeat the same information over and over. It is a shame there isn't an easy way to organize all the information that has been exchanged on this forum!! I'm getting methlyfolate (Metafolin) and mB12 in two forms - supplement...
  4. L

Hi Rich. I'm curious what specifically about FV's panel made you think that CBS was not an impact. The reason I ask is I have a similar results (ok SAMe, low glutathoine). I'm trying to learn as much about the various "levers" in the pathways since I'll be stuck trying to manage this for...
  5. L

Help with Methlyation Panel

Hi - I have recently had a methlyation panel done. I've also done the 23andme testing. I'm working with an MD, but I wanted to post my results here with the hope of gaining a better understanding of what the heck is going on with my biochemistry. I've posted some 23andme results here...
  6. L

Help Interpreting 23andme Results.

Well I double checked against the calico spreadsheet and what I posted is correct. I don't know about SUOX or NOS. I am sensitive to perfumes and get hives from sulfa based antibiotics, so my money is on the SUOX not being 100%. :confused:
  7. L

Does anyone get side affects when taking Folate 800 mcg (as metafolin)

I have those issues. I also feel dizzy. Metafolin seems to make my lymph nodes swell up. Don't seem to have that issue with mB12.
  8. L

Thanks greenshots. I'll look for the calico spreadsheet. I have run through Prometheus, but I'm so new to the info I'm not sure it helped me. One thing I did notice about Prometheus is that it seems to contradict the 23andme interpretations. I've read the heartfixer info 3 times. :p It is...
  9. L

Hi I'm new to all of this and I find it all so confusing. I ran my 23andMe results thru hixxy's program and got the following: MTHFR A1298C +/- MTHFR C677T +/- MTHFR 03 P39P +/- MTRR R415T +/- MTRR 11 A664A +/- ACAT1 02 +/- VDR BSM/TAQ +/- CBS A360A +/- CBS C699T +/- COMT H62H +/+ COMT V158M...