• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Ai-Yai

New Protozoa: Possible Cause of ME/CFS. An Interview with Dr.Steven Fry.

According to modern data and clinical stastics gathered during last 10 years, H.Pylori is pretty controversial as causative agent of ucler. Morover, the supposition exist that it might be a symbiotic one rather than pathogenic. Time will answer this question for sure.... hope soon.
  2. Ai-Yai

Just found out I have active lyme disease. I am stunned. Help!

Well, you have no option other than use you dedution during your own investigation. Sorry, but i have no such many free time to waste. I mentioned a link to pretty good initial material for anybody who want to investigate the real situation.
  3. Ai-Yai

As well as those one who become really worse and get harm ...esp. in long term period. Moreover that doesnt' mean anything -i.e. if one gets some kind of responce(usually questioable) to antibiotics that DOESN"T mean that responce is because of chronic Lyme & co. Aroud of 50% of so-called...
  4. Ai-Yai

Chronic Lyme & Co Any serology tests in fact tell abs. nothing. One of the best brief description why: http://www.aldf.com/pdf/Halperin_Book_Chapter_17.pdf Treatment statistics is unsatisfactorily, long term harmful effect are pretty often. (bc of them US and some other societies soon will...
  5. Ai-Yai

How long are other people's colds infectious?

1-4 weeeks in avarage. Depends on the nature of the cold. It is not always virus and not always exogenic(Nevertheless it is contagious in 99% bc of huge inoculum from the nidus) Except mask, you might use some mouth\throat antiseptic tablets to provide more safety to people what are...
  6. Ai-Yai

Leaky gut caused by low gut blood flow, an explanation for our PEM?

Not bad work, but as i undestand they are considering mainly acute condtions, I'm curious why they didn't analyse possibility of so-called negative reverse connection. It migh be just the case when the GIT already chronicaly afected. i.e. because of activity ischemic tissue parts and hypoxemic...
  7. Ai-Yai

Getting treated/diagnosed in Taiwan is troublesome

I'm gonna visit Japan not bc of CFS. I .e. i'm not going to fix CFS there bc i just don't need that. I want to visit Tokyo and Osaka bc of business primary, some exclusive dental works ... and bc have some friends there. Imho for sick one the worst option is to find so-called CFS doc. I didn't...
  8. Ai-Yai

A Good Neurologist - Eastern Mass

Sounds pretty good and promising in "light" of typical CFS businessmen experts... i.e. comparing to most of them. :rolleyes: Really wish you good luck !
  9. Ai-Yai

Vitamins for CFS

I prefer such ones from big pharma(for example Bayer, Roche etc..) bc in such case you will be sure that you r buying exactly what was offered and the product is safe. Also prefer ones from Europe or Russia or CIS when you know that it was made at real industry plant\factory. Japanese from good...
  10. Ai-Yai

Getting treated/diagnosed in Taiwan is troublesome

It is one of the best places for general medical examinations in the world. Details about med. system and its insides in Japan i don't know unfortunately for today -just another world... completely. But soon maybe i will. Hope will visit Tokyo this year.
  11. Ai-Yai

Tips on how to best survive long term abx therapy

Long term abx treatment isn't used for dental infections. Dental infections treatment inculdes surgical debridement, mechanical cleanig and only 7-14 days of abx. Long term use of abx will results only to acuired resistance in oral strains ... and if surgical debridement and mechanical cleanig...
  12. Ai-Yai

Why saying "CFS DOES NOT EXIST" is terribly harmful to ALL patients

Oh! I'm glad bc i like girls, esp. smarty ones :redface: xchocoholic, I don't know what she said about other things and don't know how good she is in CFS\ME management\treatment, but approach she claimed about real physical problems and that such problems should be carefully searched in each...
  13. Ai-Yai

Why saying "CFS DOES NOT EXIST" is terribly harmful to ALL patients

Very good topic! Doc is talking exactly good thing! That is why almost noone get any signifant benefit from al those "CFS\ME" experts - bc those experts trying to treat the SYNDROM knowing almost nothing about its etiology and pathophysiology. That is why i always insist on highly individual...
  14. Ai-Yai

Article About CFS and Genetics

In general i agree with Enid. From genetic poin of view only predisposition might exist and that is far away not a core quesrtion today. CFS\ME is clearly infection and clearly contagious. I for example try to avoid now CFS\ME people and try to have in general very high hygiene standarts. (I'm...
  15. Ai-Yai

Well, bc of this point i usually call people who visit various CFS\ME conferences and\or community\group meetings extreem ones. :D Unfortunately nowadays a lot of speculation and facts manipulation are present inside science itself.
  16. Ai-Yai

Or all is much more simple - i.e. the disease is contagious. And there are a lot of real statistically observed facts which support the last.
  17. Ai-Yai

Dr Elander new site

Very creative guys ($$$) : http://www.enlander.com/#!our-services/vstc1=virtual-consultation Spit upon damn responsibility and professional ethics - profitability first of all! :thumbsup: Sorry, was unable to resist temptation of writing obvious thing. :lol:
  18. Ai-Yai

Prescription Drugs Use in ME/CFS.

1.Who told you than cure doesn’t exist? Those ones who have spent more than 20 years and probably hundreds of millions for their work\employment, career, wealthiness securing and “kickback” science? 2. FIRST MEDICAL RULE SAY ONLY ONE THING: “Do not make HARM first of all!”. To be able to treat...
  19. Ai-Yai

Tania, learn Ivana's new topic: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/cytokine-storms-from-meds-are-killing-me.17806/ Then remember my answer to Ivana(for which i was insulted by you, Ivana and edited by moderators) at her previous topic here...
  20. Ai-Yai

Tooth enamel loss

Xylitol is working as weak bacteriostatic agent. Not recommend to use it with strong bactericidal remedies the same time (such as tea tree oil for example).
  21. Ai-Yai

Tooth enamel loss

he-he. I'm just stating facts: you r - hairy, i am - hairy. So we can share a lot of interests. :lol:
  22. Ai-Yai

Tooth enamel loss

As you wish my hairy bro\sys. Peace! :D
  23. Ai-Yai

Tooth enamel loss

Exist special machines\devices which make them Also they usually are available at sport bars, some gyms etc. .
  24. Ai-Yai

Tooth enamel loss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_cocktail
  25. Ai-Yai

Tooth enamel loss

Might be helpful: -Tea tree oil washing\brushing. -Listerine washings (if no other options) -Oxygen cocktails eating during the day.
  26. Ai-Yai

First: this is completely unproved statement. Evidences? Second: And so what? Are you cured? Are you much better than before, are you able to live relatively normal life? Rhetorical question..... Third: Any good doc knows that in any case not symptoms should be treated, but the patient or at...
  27. Ai-Yai

Nasal polyps

Polyps are usually treated by surgical approach. In case of chronic sinusitis, chronic antritis\maxillitis\highmoritis should be excluded. In case of chronic antritis\maxillitis\highmoritis teeth condition should be studied\investigated. If there are no teeth related troubles, complex therapy...
  28. Ai-Yai

Help! Symptoms are driving me crazy!

Hells cocktail... Are you REALLY need all these meds? Do you feel that they make you better? For what was 3 monthes of fluconazole? Are you HIV positive that you afraid of candidasis? For what you are taking Clonazepam? 90% of drugs described by you are groundless and unproven for any kind of...