• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

B2 I love you!

So it seems that just about everything processed has free glutamic acid in it, especially condiments--vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, etc as well as bacon, ham and other processed meats which is why I'm assuming your guests weren't thrilled with what you served for lunch. It also appears to be in...
  2. B

B2 I love you!

Asklipia, Thanks for the reply. I completely understand how exhausting it can be to write long posts, and I don't expect you to try to "prove" anything. I am more just interested in finding out what has worked for you. I have heard that Vitamin D is very dangerous to take without Vit K so I...
  3. B

B2 I love you!

Hi Asklipia, I am not understanding the connection between fake folates and vitamin D and what fake folates were in previous generations (before folic acid was added to food). Can you please explain? It is my understanding that sauerkraut has very little folate in it--about 9% of the RDA in...
  4. B

B2 I love you!

Christine mentioned something about folic acid needing b2 to convert it to a usable form. Is this why you think "fake folate" is so bad? I think most vitamins/minerals need b2 or use b2 in some way; however maybe with folic acid being added to so many foods we eat the body has to use excessive...
  5. B

B2 I love you!

Thanks for the suggestions Asklipia. I just started oil pulling and will try the tongue scraping idea. Apple cider vinegar was hurting my teeth after a while so I decided to give it a break. I could certainly use some "smarter" for my job so I will continue with the bains derivatifs...
  6. B

B2 I love you!

Rachel, Brenda could answer your questions much better than I could. A good way to tell if you are not able to convert folic acid is to look at the thread in this detox section about signs for determining if you need potassium or folate (don't have time to search now). Some of the folate...
  7. B

B2 I love you!

I just started the bains derivatifs about a week ago and I do it nightly. It feels very good somewhat energizing and balancing. I started doing it because the healing from the b2/manganese/b12 combination stalled as if something was missing and my eyes became red and I stopped feeling good...
  8. B

B2 I love you!

Asklipia, I would also like to hear more about your fake folate theory whenever you have the time/energy to post. I really appreciate what you have contributed to the thread (the bains derivatifs have also been wonderful). I have receding gum problems so I tried the thorne natural mk-4 drops...
  9. B

B2 I love you!

Asklipia, thanks so much for keeping us updated on how you are doing. I'm wondering if the b2 is activating the MK-4, zinc and selenium you were already taking to give you such great results. I am doing much, much better with b2 and manganese, but I am thinking of adding in some zinc and...
  10. B

Methylcobalamin causes tachycardia - why?

Adreno, I also had this problem. I was taking a larger dose of methylfolate and ended up not being able to take enough potassium to reduce the "low potassium" symptoms. I decided that it was ridiculous and wasn't working for me so I switched over to taking b2 and manganese with tiny, tiny...
  11. B

Low ferritin - some more information

I had very low ferritin levels also (3). I was not able to raise it by taking iron supplements; I recently started taking vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and liquid manganese. They help you store iron correctly. In five weeks my ferritin level went up to 14.
  12. B

B2 I love you!

Adreno, This is very interesting. It seems that weagree that b2 is needed to increase iron, however whether the liver is low in iron and needs b2 to help store it or high in iron and needs b2 to release it is something I don't know. Christine obviously thinks the liver is high in iron...
  13. B

B2 I love you!

Askilipia, Have you tried taking b12 every day? I started taking b2/manganese after a bad crash following the methylation protocol and upping my methylfolate dose. I could hardly tolerate any b2 and Christine suggested that I go off of it for a bit and just take manganese until I could...
  14. B

B2 I love you!

It is my understanding that you are supposed to take b2 to "encourage" your liver to release iron. I can't see any reason why a person who eats meat and/or lives in a country where food is plentiful would need to supplement with iron. It seems to me to be more a matter of getting your liver to...