• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

go to MTHFRsupport.com and you can upload your 23 and me raw data and get a 19 page report showing a lot of snips, including CYP.
  2. F

I cannot sleep at all

Hi Fredd, I missed your post. My reaction to Klonopin. Just shortly after I took it, I felt like the bed dropped down about 100 feet from me and then I was wired. Any thoughts? Thank you.
  3. F

I cannot sleep at all

this article supports what you wrote: https://chronicillnessrecovery.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=176 Did you see my levels above? I was not supplementing any D at the time. I should get my new levels back any day. This is hard to understand when you see a neuro doctor...
  4. F

I cannot sleep at all

That is very possible. I am thinking taking Vitamin A has not been good even when my labs showed me low out of range. This might have caused my decline. I started high doses of A in Sept/Oct and have declined since then. Too much A does this? Symptoms of vitamin A toxicity include joint...
  5. F

I cannot sleep at all

I do not know anything about this doctor but he said high 1,25 and low 25OH means low vit D. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-frank-lipman/vitamin-d-what-you-need-t_b_308973.html I would like to research this more.
  6. F

I cannot sleep at all

Now I am understanding.. I have backed down to 5,000 per day for the last 10 or so days. I checked my Jan 2013 levels and the 25 OH was 37 and the 1,25 was 63. That is without any supplementation. I wonder if tanning could bring this in balance? Any recommendations? Should I quit the 5000...
  7. F

I cannot sleep at all

Read the paper. Do we just watch to have them both in range or is there a ratio between the two? If we have a higher 1,25 and lower 25 OH. What do we do? Just had D tested, but don't have it back. I don't think they tested 1,25 this time. I will have to re-do it. Finally found my test from...
  8. F

I cannot sleep at all

Thanks for your thoughts. I have since quit most of the supplements. I taking vitamin D, forgot it in the list, but part of the 6 pages. I should be getting my levels back soon. I was taking 10,000-15,000, now I am taking 5000-7000. Probably is not enough to raise it. I also take...
  9. F

I cannot sleep at all

I was on .5 klonopin and suppose to take 1/2 at bedtime. I only took it one night. Probably not a large dose. I tried 10g glycine last night and didn't knock me out. I was hoping. I had to pee so much all night. I wonder if it was the glycine doing that? Could there be a problem with...
  10. F

I cannot sleep at all

I took 1mg xanax and 12.5mg seroquel at 7:45 and was awake at 10:00. I wonder if the xanax is not working. I think I took 1/2 xanax at 10:00 and 4000mg glycine. glycine was relaxing. Early in the morning --3:30 took 6,000mg glycine. I didn't feel that I got much sleep. I wonder if I...
  11. F

I cannot sleep at all

sleep is not barely there. I am thinking of dropping the xanax and just doing glycine. Thanks for the suggestions. I tried klonopen---and didn't like it . I felt like my bed dropped dow 100 feet when it hit my brain. Never took it again.
  12. F

I cannot sleep at all

THank you. I was taking the carlson A ---not douglas and my labs were really low.
  13. F

I cannot sleep at all

THanks. Any special brand?
  14. F

I cannot sleep at all

++ I have trouble both falling and staying asleep. I think it might be Lyme acting up again. Probably never fully treated. I had just got the glycine powder but haven't tried it. Was too broken anymore and needed drugs. My family stepped in and said drugs for me. I am so glad as I was at...
  15. F

I cannot sleep at all

I am interested in the amounts of teh co-factors. I have a 150mcg K, 12,400 A and 15mg zinc. My A is very low. The biotics brand is finally working for me. If I need a lower dose, what brand of A is absorbable. I was taking douglas and I never absorbed it. I play with magnesium. I think...
  16. F

I cannot sleep at all

I am hoping that xanax will last longer as I know someone has taken it for 30 years an no tolerance build up. I will be getting a sleep study to hopefully find something to help.
  17. F

I cannot sleep at all

It has crossed my mind. A person can also have UARS which some sleep labs don't count but you do stop breathing. I might be going to a sleep study. We shall see.
  18. F

I cannot sleep at all

Does that mean that vitamin D affects your sleep in a negative way? If so, I was thinking the same thing. but I see that so many of my vital nutrients are depleted and I feel that I have to get them back. Wasn't necessarily working for me not taking them either.
  19. F

I cannot sleep at all

Sorry you aren't sleeping either. I guess I will do the drugs. Hopefully he doesn't make me suffer through 7 days of trazodone. My husband said xanax tonight for some sleep. Will see the doctor tomorrow. He thinks I could get used to the trazodone, but it didn't even make me drowsy, just...
  20. F

I cannot sleep at all

Doctor wants me on trazodone for a week. Said to take it one hour before bed. I see him tomorrow and maybe can get something else to help. I just can't go without sleep.
  21. F

I cannot sleep at all

Do you think a person should not supplement over 10,000 ius a day to get their levles up? I do have a Mercola tanning bed that I can use, but last winter it did not raise my levels at all. They stayed at 46. No sleep last night on Trazodone. I started with 100mg then added 50. I got nice...
  22. F

I cannot sleep at all

@ dbkita---my last 25 hydroxy was 37 range 30-100 ng/ml---Done this Jan I asked for the 1, 25 but they didn't run it. Last time I had it run was in Feb of 2012. 1, 25 was 45 range 18-72 pg/ml and 25 oH was 47 range was 30-100ng/ml based on my lab last month with 25 oh hydroxy being 37 do...
  23. F

I cannot sleep at all

Thank you, that does help. I am re-thinking this whole diet thing. Being low sulfur for 7 months could have been a disaster. These doctors are just too busy to really take an interest. I need to get to where I can rotate my foods and not stress so much. Are you doing any particular...
  24. F

I cannot sleep at all

Thanks. At this point, I am ready for the drugs. I hate detoxing, but I feel that lack of sleep would be my demise if I don't. Better sleep the last 2 nights on xanax. Dr. Wants me on trazadone. I will start at 100mg. My sleep problems started before the methylation supplements were even...
  25. F

I cannot sleep at all

thanks. My husband got a hold of my doctor yesterday and he said we need to fix this right now, because this is how we broke people in war. He was in some form of armed forces. This is a rather new doctor and I had not told him all my problems. I was working with other docotrs for hormones...
  26. F

I cannot sleep at all

Thank you. I just wonder why I felt so good when I first started methylation then it all quit. Why is this so difficult. Maybe it is not that and it is truely a virus attaching me.
  27. F

I cannot sleep at all

Thanks for your thoughts victronix. I took xanax last night and it helped. I am getting my md involved and starting on drugs. I have been here and tried it and didn't work in the past, but I hae to try it again. I am at my last straw and can't go on. They want me to go to Mayo Clinic. I...
  28. F

I cannot sleep at all

thank you all for the suggestions. I have quit most of the supplements. I took some potassium, yucca, b-complex, zinc today in am. WIll take C and mag. I should look into cal/mag and see if that could help. Also b2. I feel like I am just trying so many things and nothing works. My family...
  29. F

I cannot sleep at all

I used to take taurine and it helped. I am getting a UAA test to see where my tuarine and ammonia levels are. I think it shows sulfur too. I have been low sulfur for too long is my feeling. Partly since I have switched doctors and they kind of want to start at the beginning. Thank for the...
  30. F

I cannot sleep at all

I am not sure how I can let go and eat them. There doesn't seem to be a green vegetable left to eat that isn't high is sulfur or salicytes. There is celery or carrots and when I mentioned this before, there was a reason that those were not good either. I don't usually eat bananas but they...