• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. sewnsew

Tina Tidmore on the RADIO! Spreading Critical Information on ME/CFS!

Thank you, Tina for an excellent job. I echo everyone else's sentiments. Had I your cognitive ability and your grasp of our plight I still could not have expressed myself half as well. So glad you are there for us!
  2. sewnsew

Can you trace your illness back to about 1980?

A virus from hell in 1982, when I returned to the workforce during the very early hormones-waning phase of my life, began a struggle that finally felled me in 1990. BUT in my mid 20s an unsuspected sensitivity to a decongestant prescribed for "chronic sinusitis" in 1971 threw me into what I now...
  3. sewnsew

Can you trace your illness back to about 1980?

Yes, after a severe month-long flulike illness w/sore throat during a happily busy time in my life in 1982. Symptoms, including pain, slowly piled up after that until they permanently disabled me in the early 1990s.