• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Beyond

Poll on eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis... - Autoimmunity, inflammation and leaky gut links

Yeah, why not meds? If they work, what gives? Unfortunately I have NO idea about what you ask, and my best guest would be spending some solid cash in immunologists or competent specialized practicioners that are knowledgeable, resourceful and dedicated (rara avis in terris). I do know of cases...
  2. Beyond

Poll on eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis... - Autoimmunity, inflammation and leaky gut links

Ha. Fair enough! But who is more at fault, the desperately ill scholar surfer that is spammed with an overwhelming majority of mice studies, or the researchers themselves that keep pushing what might not be a very appropiate model? One is hard pressed to find human studies, although there are...
  3. Beyond

Yah, ain´t nobody got time for that. srsly And you got that "five months" from where uh? Five months, lol. Sure, sure. :whistle: Things either work the first days or they dont, in my experience. Propolis took the gut inflammation away almost instantly.
  4. Beyond

NAG was utterly useless for me, as were most supps for the intestinal dimension. Especially Glutamine. However, things like strong/expensive curcumin or propolis are guaranteed to at least bring down inflammation.
  5. Beyond

I have to add that even while the diet (most important) and certain supplements/superfoods/whathaveyou do improve my leaky gut they dont cure it. Slipping one time is all it takes to start feeling gut pain upon awakening again and my nose eczema swiftly flares up. Obviously, one is faced with a...
  6. Beyond

I had good luck with a pristine diet of no milk, gluten (and much more "no´s"), plenty of veggies and non-sugary/acidic fruits etc, 30 grams of Chlorella plus 6 caps of YS propolis per day regarding intestinal inflammation and the associated eczema and urticaria, but the unrefreshing sleep...
  7. Beyond

No, sadly. Evem using gigantic doses. I fear like 85% of supplements AND therapies do not work or are outright scams.
  8. Beyond

Non Restorative Sleep

When you have true unrefreshing sleep from autoimmunity or some other fiendish disorder walking is, quite frankly, a joke. It helps a bit with the feeling of being caged in your own house though, if you feel not-so-hideous that day and can drag your decaying body outside.
  9. Beyond

Non Restorative Sleep

Have been really considering exploring this. I think you brought forth a good point. Arent those surgeries very painful? Some people have even reported no improvement after them. What were your issues in medical terms? Deviated septum? I think I have that one.
  10. Beyond

Needed: your best mood enhancers supps and strategies

Lacking originality, or exotic-ness, I have found methylcobalamin and methylfolate to make me considerably more active and talkative. The effect is stronger initially and more modest later, and will not substitute a good nights sleep but can somewhat offset the effect of lacking one. No need to...
  11. Beyond

Whats FINALLY worked for me.

I am ready for LDN, and will get some doctor to prescribe it to me.
  12. Beyond

Choosing a Probiotic

I did for one or two months a trial of raw goat milk kefir and that stuff was utterly delicious and had this surrrounding atmosphere of sparkling wholesomeness to it. But maybe, just maybe, I had been reading too much Mike Adam´s, "the Health Ranger" Natural News these days... :rofl: Plus too...
  13. Beyond

A single species of gut bacteria can reverse autism-related social behavior in mice

That makes perfect sense knowing what we know of autism. Some of it will never be recovered, once one is old enough. I have Asperger´s whence my interest in the field.
  14. Beyond

Dental work was very painful

Hey I have gingivitis too, and yes any dental procedure is hellish. I can only advice that brushing, although important hasnt made me improve, but I have seen some "gains" with specialized mouthwashes such as clorhexidine. I dont think this is a root cause but rather a consequence of...
  15. Beyond

Modest effects with mb9 and mb12

So I FINALLY tried the famous methyl´s and I have sensed a sizeable but small increase in energy or "clearheadness", "drive to accomplish" and so on. Also, I am noticeably more talkative, including with strangers! Almost parrot-like, some times :rofl:... I had a similar experience with...
  16. Beyond

What has helped more with your sleep?

Yeah, Mirtazapine was the most effective sleep med, but in hindsight it didnt make sleep any more refreshing and instead made me considerably chubbier (thanks but no thanks). The root causes must be addressed I fear.
  17. Beyond

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

It was just another health fad or buzz subject. All cultural areas experiment the same cyclic dynamics, and alternative medicine is probably the most frantic of them all for obvious reasons (desperation). As a seasoned Youtube conspiracy lunatic, I can tell you that, because lately we have been...
  18. Beyond

Everything points out to me that life is temporal, but existance is eternal. And now, some google scholar for ya: http://www.pnas.org/content/111/9/3638.short http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8826732&fileId=S0033291712000955
  19. Beyond

Nah, take it when you want. I assume taking it at night is a sure ticket for lucid dreaming. I dont need that at all, my dreams are already freaking crazy.
  20. Beyond

The only thing I learned is that "depression" patients show high blood cortisol in tests. I am pretty damn depressed, but mostly because of 5 years of illness that I have had to research and treat on my own.
  21. Beyond

Cocoa as prebiotic - 2011 paper by Tzounis et al

Yep, read this (and other papers backing it up) back in 2015 and ended having severe gut inflammation from eating (otherwise delicious) raw cocoa powder with my oat milk. Apparently chocolate is one of these things my intestine reacts immunologically like its poison, like it does with coconut or...
  22. Beyond

I think its kind of cool to be the father of this thread, notwithstanding that I haven´t solved my sleep issues at all in these years... :meh: I am on Mirtazapìne 15 mg now, branded in the USA as Remeron, this stuff is the best for sleep as far as meds that I have tried, sadly has zero effects...
  23. Beyond

Does coffee lower mortality?

Indeedydoody! :D
  24. Beyond

Effective methylcobalamin brands

Intramuscular is rough man, I remember those shots in the butt of Metoclopramide, that hurted. Of course, I am willing to eat a cactus to improve my symptoms, if I could I would inject myself Melatonin nightly for example...
  25. Beyond

Probably gonna go with the Solgar one, I like their crystal bottles! :D
  26. Beyond

Thanks for the info. My sister is a nurse, I will ask her about it. Of course I have seen her administering B-tamin injections to my grandmother, and felt envious lol, but never thought about getting it myself. I think is not methylcobalamin though, when I checked it I believe it was the prosaic...
  27. Beyond

Does coffee lower mortality?

Not if you have the GG genotype for slow metabolizer like me - it only increases chances of heart attack, murder sprees and psychosis :rofl: Now seriously, if you have that genetic trait drinking coffee will undoubtely make you die quicker, by different means. Fortunately we feel too awful on...
  28. Beyond

I think I have never tried methylcobalamin. No, really, was on the verge these years but for some reason did not. Cannot say why, its dirt cheap. I know folks here are updated about what brands do work and which are gunk. The supplement industry sells a lot of crap, you need to be well...
  29. Beyond

Comment by 'Beyond' in 'Psychiatry's Noose'

Hmm waiting for Fallout uh... Great minds think alike Alex. Regarding psychobabblers. and their selfdeluded troops... give em hell with verbal ammunition! After all, truth is on our side, is a matter of time their fake constructions start to crumble. Gabapentin sucked for me, I mean for sleep...